What's new

Kryptonite Council Episode 10: Locked n Loaded, Vortexes, $1000 MM proposals, Rico Joins in too!

Who Win WIll Youmacon This Week?

• P2W

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • General M2dave

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Perfect Legend

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Forever King

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • GGa 16 bit

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Newbiesauce

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • PimPimJIm

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
So you know, but no one is going to disclose why? Is it about the game mechanics or something in his personal life? I mean the guy was a really good martian manhunter and i loved watching him fight. I think my favorite fight i have ever seen in this game is darth arma vs reo that game was so hype. I just want to know why we wont be allowed to see any more hype matches from him.
Full time job, real life responsibilities.

I'm not sure if he's gonna tackle work + school, or idk, but he will be back MK10.

The passion for injustice just isn't the same as MK9 was, so even more reason why he may decided to have leave the scene.

He'll be gone for Injustice, but I'm sure he will be back in like 2 years for MK10

Yes but playing 10 matches has the same effect as playing 30 matches. That's what I'm trying to get at. You said it yourself, most top players can do it in the first round. So after potentially 19 rounds, do they really have that much to continue learning from? A FT10 should suffice for much of anything involved with player habits imo, and it gives the best outlook of playing the actual match-up instead of just the player.

Especially considering it gives a fake window effect. You play 300 rounds with someone and win, chances are that person will figure out how to counteract you and next time you play it'll be a whole new person. Unless you are saying no one develops, then its no point to wasting 300 matches when next time you fight it won't be the same exact carbon copy character. When you meet in the tournament, trying to do the same as you did in that FT150 set will probably get you blown up.

I think first to 10's are fine and I prefer playing ft 10. Anything over that and it takes too much time, but then again, I don't agree with saying a ft 10 is the same as a ft 50.

I don't mind playing the same person in ft10s every day or every other day, every week etc, whenever we can.

It depends on the mentality of the person. I play to have fun, and I rarely play more than a Ft10 set in one sitting.
Gradually, the matches and MU will accumulate. But that cannot be done in 10 total matches. So no doom, a ft 10 is not the same as a ft150

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I think first to 10's are fine and I prefer playing ft 10. Anything over that and it takes too much time, but then again, I don't agree with saying a ft 10 is the same as a ft 50.

I don't mind playing the same person in ft10s every day or every other day, every week etc, whenever we can.

It depends on the mentality of the person. I play to have fun, and I rarely play more than a Ft10 set in one sitting.
Gradually, the matches and MU will accumulate. But that cannot be done in 10 total matches. So no doom, a ft 10 is not the same as a ft150
Sigh... Mr. Mileena, I don't have it in me to argue with you. You're right, I'm wrong.

Sigh... Mr. Mileena, I don't have it in me to argue with you. You're right, I'm wrong.
You know it's true. A ton of matches are required to rule out gimmicks, and further grasp the concept of the match.

Tournaments are not meant as a learning exp in terms of MU details. You win your first to two to progress based on your understanding of your MU's. If you only grinded 10 matches against Zod in total (for example), and the Zod played hundreds of matches against a Bane, the Zod will have the upperhand.
Tournament wins can be full of gimmicks, which is why people grind MU's, to see what works, what doesn't, what gimmicks to watch out for, how to block them, punish them, I can go on.

If they can't get the MU xp from you, they will get it from someone else, and in the long run, YOU will be the one at a disadvantage.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You know it's true. A ton of matches are required to rule out gimmicks, and further grasp the concept of the match.

Tournaments are not meant as a learning exp in terms of MU details. You win your first to two to progress based on your understanding of your MU's. If you only grinded 10 matches against Zod in total (for example), and the Zod played hundreds of matches against a Bane, the Zod will have the upperhand.
Tournament wins can be full of gimmicks, which is why people grind MU's, to see what works, what doesn't, what gimmicks to watch out for, how to block them, punish them, I can go on.

If they can't get the MU xp from you, they will get it from someone else, and in the long run, YOU will be the one at a disadvantage.
... Why must you continue?
Anyways as I've said some 5 times, theres nothing saying you can't play multiple sets. If Zod plays a ft500 against a Bane, and a Bane plays 50 ft10s with a Zod, the 2nd scenario would reap the better benefit because it allows both players a chance to lab their findings and get right back to it.

... Why must you continue?
Anyways as I've said some 5 times, theres nothing saying you can't play multiple sets. If Zod plays a ft500 against a Bane, and a Bane plays 50 ft10s with a Zod, the 2nd scenario would reap the better benefit because it allows both players a chance to lab their findings and get right back to it.
No that's fine. You should have clarified that in the opening post, as it sounds like playing a ft 10, 20, 30, is the same as playing 300 matches total.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
No that's fine. You should have clarified that in the opening post, as it sounds like playing a ft 10, 20, 30, is the same as playing 300 matches total.
You didn't quote the opening post, though.
My opening post was explaining that Max wasn't playing ft10 for the sake of dick measurement, and my own personal reasoning as to why playing a ft10 might just be for the quick-n-lab. Then Pig was like "whatever works" and Konqrr tried to debate my thinking.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Soy Dominicano, pero yo asvisto mas rados cosas como adonde vivo los chinos hablan mejor en espanol que en engles lololol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You didn't quote the opening post, though.
My opening post was explaining that Max wasn't playing ft10 for the sake of dick measurement, and my own personal reasoning as to why playing a ft10 might just be for the quick-n-lab. Then Pig was like "whatever works" and Konqrr tried to debate my thinking.
Dude u know what only playing ft10s get u?

Forever stuck in pools

Those who don't grind and only play ft10 never succeed

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Dude u know what only playing ft10s get u?

Forever stuck in pools

Those who don't grind and only play ft10 never succeed
5 ft10s and 1 ft50, you're still playing 50 matches but you have lab time inbetween one to address any issues that are readily apparent. I feel that's the better option, since you never really "learn" until you take the time to reflect upon your losses imo.

But then I'm not here to argue, rather, I'm not here to start an argument.

Pig Of The Hut

5 ft10s and 1 ft50, you're still playing 50 matches but you have lab time inbetween one to address any issues that are readily apparent. I feel that's the better option, since you never really "learn" until you take the time to reflect upon your losses imo.

But then I'm not here to argue, rather, I'm not here to start an argument.
I'll stop replying to u if u promise to do the same

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'll stop replying to u if u promise to do the same
I don't recall caring if you replied to me, honestly. I usually only reply when theres misinformation or when challenged, so when/if I reply to you is entirely under your control, barring the occasional compliment on your Zod play or publications.

Pig Of The Hut

I don't recall caring if you replied to me, honestly. I usually only reply when theres misinformation or when challenged, so when/if I reply to you is entirely under your control, barring the occasional compliment on your Zod play or publications.
Ft10 vs ft100 is opinion only so there's no misconception or misinformation here other than I can list successful top player by successful top players by name who agree w us and not what you're saying

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ft10 vs ft100 is opinion only so there's no misconception or misinformation here other than I can list successful top player by successful top players by name who agree w us and not what you're saying
I don't necessarily need to write out so much just to have the last word.

As for Ft10 and Ft100, they all end in the lab. I prefer to visit it to solve immediate problems, some people don't.

/discussion end

coolwhip

Noob
I really don't want to sound like I'm defending KTP for the sake of defending KTP, but why does everyone act like Slips thought pre-patch Scorpion was fine? On every episode of the KTP since its return, he said he was broken and needed to be fixed...just not raped.

General M2Dave

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I really don't want to sound like I'm defending KTP for the sake of defending KTP, but why does everyone act like Slips thought pre-patch Scorpion was fine? On every episode of the KTP since its return, he said he was broken and needed to be fixed...just not raped.

General M2Dave

The same reason Dave also goes on and on about how Slips says he is top 5. There is our reality and then M2Dave's reality. He is like a Fox News Republican in that way.

This is also why we decline to appear on their show. No point.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
This is the first podcast I've listened to the whole way through. the only thing I can say is damn... Glad to know I'm nothing else than an "online scrub". Online.. kinda like Nightmare SF who would've taken EVO if it wasn't for hardware issues -_-

If I had money to travel to majors and tournaments, i would, but I don't. Not saying i would win or even make top 8, but fuckin aye this community is made of a lot more people than just offline tournament players. I may not have the experience of you guys, but I play just as often I bet. I play with rebelo, OUTWORLD and zyphox all the time. as well as a few other notable names. I'm not just saying this to earn credibility for myself, but don't mark off the online community, there are strictly online players that are very capable.

If p2w ever tells me I'm wastin my time for playin online ill have to send him an angry ass pm or something. Not everyone has a well suited career like you dude, some people can't afford to fuckin travel for video games.

Besides that, the podcast was very informative and I enjoyed it quite a bit :D thanks for taking ur time out to make this pig. as well as u Dave.

AK Pig Of The Hut

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Maaaaaaan! M2Dave reminds me of Jerry Springer:"So I how long as he been calling you a puta? How long he's calling a puta?" haha

Btw the mp3 isn't complete :p

Pig Of The Hut

This is the first podcast I've listened to the whole way through. the only thing I can say is damn... Glad to know I'm nothing else than an "online scrub". Online.. kinda like Nightmare SF who would've taken EVO if it wasn't for hardware issues -_-

If I had money to travel to majors and tournaments, i would, but I don't. Not saying i would win or even make top 8, but fuckin aye this community is made of a lot more people than just offline tournament players. I may not have the experience of you guys, but I play just as often I bet. I play with rebelo, OUTWORLD and zyphox all the time. as well as a few other notable names. I'm not just saying this to earn credibility for myself, but don't mark off the online community, there are strictly online players that are very capable.

If p2w ever tells me I'm wastin my time for playin online ill have to send him an angry ass pm or something. Not everyone has a well suited career like you dude, some people can't afford to fuckin travel for video games.

Besides that, the podcast was very informative and I enjoyed it quite a bit :D thanks for taking ur time out to make this pig. as well as u Dave.

AK Pig Of The Hut
Actually I believe the online community is ahead of the offline community by a wide margin

I'll make this clear next time I discuss it

Thanks man!