Votes: 139 34.3%
  • Blood God

Votes: 61 15.1%
  • All Equally

Votes: 35 8.6%

• Total voters

Tweedy

Noob
I tend to have better luck with Sun God and tending to tick into command throw from B1, and if they back up to try to get me to approach i just sit back in a sun ray and make them come to me, doesn't always work but its how i deal with Tarkatan.

As for piercing Mileena, you got me there, I decided to pick up Kung Jin for that match up, but your best bet is War God against Mileena and just baiting and good reads and approaching slowly if she tries to zone you out.
The EX overhead definitely helps vs Mileena. I still feel like it's pretty bad, though. :/

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I have trouble pulling the combos online, I always drop (Rarely, because I hardly ever start a combo), panic, or they block. Tips?
[I play Blood God]

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
I have trouble pulling the combos online, I always drop (Rarely, because I hardly ever start a combo), panic, or they block. Tips?
[I play Blood God]
Go to options and set the online delay on and go to practice

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Go to options and set the online delay on and go to practice
How would that actually help though?
It's a matter of mashing buttons in a panic. I guess I should learn the combos better. Got any good conversion ideas/options? D4?

Osagri

It's a matter of mashing buttons in a panic. I guess I should learn the combos better. Got any good conversion ideas/options? D4?
Well u said u have troubles in online. D1 is great for conversions

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Well u said u have troubles in online. D1 is great for conversions
It's not delay. Now that I think of it, it's probably because the combos are not yet muscle memory.
Should I put the AI on block and practice mixups and shit?
Also, are there any good wakeup options for him? =)

Last edited:

Osagri

It's not delay. Now that I think of it, it's probably because the combos are not yet muscle memory.
Should I put the AI on block and practice mixups and shit?
Blood god rly has not many mixups. B1 is great for stagger which u can go for the B122,b13 or throw. And after any string u do on block make sure u cancel it to obsidian totem if u don't wanna go for plus frames with EX disc. Practice combos in practice and in online. Don't play to win but to learn ur combos in real match. I think conversions just come when ur familiar with ur char

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Blood god rly has not many mixups. B1 is great for stagger which u can go for the B122,b13 or throw. And after any string u do on block make sure u cancel it to obsidian totem if u don't wanna go for plus frames with EX disc. Practice combos in practice and in online. Don't play to win but to learn ur combos in real match. I think conversions just come when ur familiar with ur char
Ahh, thank you :)
F1B2 is an awkward combo starter for me.
And F2 always get's block for me.

Osagri

Go to practice,set Ai to block random combo and learn to hitconfirm F1b2 to obsidian totem on block and dmg totem on hit

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
You have to be able to link his F2 off of his jumping 1. This is done by allowing the controller to go neutral (meaning just let go of it for an instant) before inputting the F2.

His B1 stands better by itself, but works the same in combos. You have to go neutral before inputting it or it comes out SLOW.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Do Kotal Kahn have any OS?
Jumping 1? Does that count?

He does have some nice high low mixups in SG off his J1.

J1 into B14 into EX Disc (if he's cornered, you can) D1toB2 (to end it in a Sun Throw)
J1 into B122DB2 (two overheads and ends in Sun Throw)
J1 into F34 EX Disc EX Grab F2 Sun Throw (overhead into low into 54% for 2 bars)

If you can hit confirm and the J1 hits, just F2 to keep going. Then, if you're midscreen - you just spend a bar to get to 42 - and if he's cornered, you can get there meterless.)

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
In general you just have to get used to playing a bit slower and not pushing buttons in a panic, you really want to think about whats going on in the match and what your game plan is. If you mash buttons your moves won't come out as you want and you'll get punished, that's especially true for MKX in my experience i could be wrong.

Last edited:

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
You have to be able to link his F2 off of his jumping 1. This is done by allowing the controller to go neutral (meaning just let go of it for an instant) before inputting the F2.

His B1 stands better by itself, but works the same in combos. You have to go neutral before inputting it or it comes out SLOW.
Alright! Thanks for all the help! :)
He's such a different character from the rest of the cast!

Reactions: GAV

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I believe he's implying if you're going to be negative and get hit, it's best to cancel into obsidian totem to negate the damage while building meter quickly. Even EX disc after B122 wont make you safe if the opponent has a fast enough poke or armor.
114 ~ air throw is +4
114 ~ totem is +2

He doesn't have to be negative when applying pressure, but I do understand what he's coming from. I just don't want any new Kotal player going in with the wrong info, you know?

Osagri

114 ~ air throw is +4
114 ~ totem is +2

He doesn't have to be negative when applying pressure, but I do understand what he's coming from. I just don't want any new Kotal player going in with the wrong info, you know?
I should had been more specific. If he does any string what's punishable on block, cancel to obsidian. And like I said if he doesn't want to go to pressure or if he doesn't have meter. But with blood god ur most like will always have meter. @D7X watch Madzin playing Blood god from YouTube. He's rly good bg player

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I should had been more specific. If he does any string what's punishable on block, cancel to obsidian. And like I said if he doesn't want to go to pressure or if he doesn't have meter. But with blood god ur most like will always have meter. @D7X watch Madzin playing Blood god from YouTube. He's rly good bg player
Already do! I've actually played him before when he was streaming! He played Jacqui Shotgun though =[