What's new

Konsider the Following: Ep. 4 -- Podcast Ft. LotF, King Hippo, Coolwhip, Saucy and Home Lee

What is your drink of choice? (you may choose more than one)

• Total voters

Killusion

Stream addict
If you guys are worried that multiple weekly podcasts would flood the front page, maybe you should include them all in one post like on every friday or something? Check out this weeks podcasts ect.
I realize that tournaments are more important and I agree, but IMO podcasts like these are important for the scene and should get more recognition.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
So wait TYM now doesn't front page new episodes of podcasts on purpose? Is it the mods goals to kill any and all fun related to coming here? This is supposed to be a competitive site right? Then why not front page something with 5 competitive players that talk about game play and tournaments consonantly?

So sad. We are at such a good point now to re-add the hype and fun that the scene had with MK9 and every decision by the mods make things duller and more like third grade. Don't want too many posts being fun and interesting on the front page. There are two articles on the front page right now that were posted a few hours before this one. Both have 0 comments. This is will be the 78th reply (post 79) when it goes up. Yes that shows it doesn't need a front page to get attention but it also shows there is interest in this!

Everyone remember be nice to everyone at all times. In fact new rule for TYM: you may only post match videos where neither character hits the other one. We don't want to promote violence to the all the children that browse this site dedicated to a game where you can murder your opponent at the end of every match. Every post must end in a hug as well.

Whatever I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears to those that make the decisions. Just sad that a site that is supposed to be about the NRS competitive scene would actively not front page something like this but KI online tournaments do get the attention.

*hugs from Jim to all reading this*

coolwhip

Noob
Considering each thread for each episode has gotten floods of input every time they have gone up, I don't think missing the content is as much of a concern as you think it is. After all, it isn't just us who decides how much attention content gets, but also all of you.
The number of views from the second episode (which got front paged) dropped by about 400 for the third episode (which didn't). So we either did such a terrible job that people didn't tune back in or front paging matters. Regardless, if it's site policy then it is what it is. We'll chalk it up to another oddly arbitrary policy going on here. And not that I would ever compare this podcast, or any podcast to the KTP, but that used to get front paged all the time.

But as you said, the front page should be reserved to promoting tournaments...and tweets.

Last edited:

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Mid way through the podcast. Zatanna can't be that bad. If she has bars she can reset from 50 50's and take your life bar. Shame is not represented enough.

@coolwhip should not be allowed to discuss films if he thinks James bond is bill. If James bond is a bill what films do you think are a thrill?

#whiskeyisforrealmen

PunkMafia83

Mid way through the podcast. Zatanna can't be that bad. If she has bars she can reset from 50 50's and take your life bar. Shame is not represented enough.

@coolwhip should not be allowed to discuss films if he thinks James bond is bill. If James bond is a bill what films do you think are a thrill?

#whiskeyisforrealmen

coolwhip

Noob

#whiskeyisforrealmen
Re: Zatanna. Bill doesn't mean she's bad. It just means she's not as good as originally hyped.

Re: James Bond movies. Bill doesn't mean they're bad. It just means they are suuuuuuuuuuper overhyped.

Last edited:

PunkMafia83

@coolwhip should not be allowed to discuss films if he thinks James bond is bill. If jame

#whiskeyisforrealmen
Re: Zatanna. Bill doesn't mean she's bad. It just means she's not as good as originally hyped.

Re: James Bond movies. Bill doesn't mean they're bad. It just means they are suuuuuuuuuuper overhyped. :p
I will give you that Daniel Craig bond is over hyped. Some of the older bonds are true classics though. In fact as a bond purist I don't consider Daniel Craig bond true 007 films.

Thanks for that clearing that up!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
And thats a shame. I understand how you want to promote tournaments and whatnot but why a podcast that is helping promote the NRS scene is not given the treatment it deserves because you have this ridiculous rule. How often are things front paged on TYM that one podcast a week would be to much for the front page and people would miss out on this other content? It seems like i'm not going to change your mind and that you won't even consider what I have to say because of the rules of the site. I mean i completely missed episode 3 of this and went back and listened to it after this because i missed it due to it not being front paged. I just think it's ridiculous you not front paging content the people want...
There's a lot of fucked up decisions done lately.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Alright i'm a nobody and i'm more of a lurker than anything but how has this not got a front page yet? It is promoting a healthy message about the NRS scene and is also entertaining to the people. No offence guys but there is a bit of bias here. I mean if REO can make a 45 minute podcast talking about match ups and get a front page why can't these guys get a front page?

@STORMS @CrimsonShadow @RM GamerBlake
Policy is to listen to them first -- so after I get a chance to listen, I'll promote. Been running around since Thanksgiving weekend.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Wait so what is the policy?

Blake says they only promote the first episode (yet ours got 2)

Cimson says he has to listen...THEN promote. (Different than what Blake said)

Rules from 1982 should not apply. I mean this whole thing is arbitrary but I'd hate for this to not get front pages cause two mods who both understand the rules differently can't figure out which is which.

Did you know in some states it's illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket on Sunday's?

Skellington

Banned
I mean i completely missed episode 3 of this and went back and listened to it after this because i missed it due to it not being front paged.
The mods don't need to hold your hand and let you know the second each video comes out. You know KTF is going to have videos weekly, ever think to check youtube once a day maybe?

coolwhip

Noob
The mods don't need to hold your hand and let you know the second each video comes out. You know KTF is going to have videos weekly, ever think to check youtube once a day maybe?
Yup, that's a totally simpler solution. Just keep going to youtube every day instead of having something the community cares about on the front page just because there was a time when 100 podcasts per day were out (and it's very difficult to just copy all the links and post them in one front page thread).

What you ignore is not everyone who listens to the podcast is on TYM daily, has a TYM account, and follows the community religiously. Front paging stuff like this is how you actually promote the community and the NRS tournament scene, which by the way, does not include Killer Instinct (and I have nothing against that game, though it does get front paged because one mod plays it and another has a crush on CD Jr).

Last edited:

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Good point. The mods also don't need to hold our hands about news about MKX. I say from now on they don't front page anything that could be found anywhere else. That way we get away from this silly hand holding they have been doing in the past. I mean really what is stopping people from first checking Ed Boon's twitter, NRS twitter, NRS youtube, IGN, Kotaku, Facebook, the list goes on. Too much hand holding if you ask me.

Skellington

Banned
Good point. The mods also don't need to hold our hands about news about MKX. I say from now on they don't front page anything that could be found anywhere else. That way we get away from this silly hand holding they have been doing in the past. I mean really what is stopping people from first checking Ed Boon's twitter, NRS twitter, NRS youtube, IGN, Kotaku, Facebook, the list goes on. Too much hand holding if you ask me.
I'm glad you agree with me. The hand holding is real

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
raise your hand if you ever had a boss tell you "sorry that's the way it is, its policy"

Maybe instead of saying that "it is policy sorry", mods on a site for the fans should consider that rules can be changed and modified based on the current situation.

If Blakes rule is correct, we don't really know yet, can't we all understand that that wall made at a very different time under very different circumstance?

Reactions: Jim