What's new

Konsider the Following: Ep. 4 -- Podcast Ft. LotF, King Hippo, Coolwhip, Saucy and Home Lee

What is your drink of choice? (you may choose more than one)

• Total voters

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Real rap, real rap might be my favourite part of this podcast yet. Another great episode guys, looking forward to the bill or thrill section next week :)

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Towards the end of the section talking about if Injustice has a random factor why are top players consistently placing, isn't it just the general consensus now that anyone who says something ridiculous like "I got out randomed" "Injustice is a scrubby game" is just salty and has never had any success in the game? Their opinions aren't even worth talking about.

Also, when @GGA Saucy Jack was talking about how 50/50s are more than just high/lows and are so common <3

I swear I fall in love with you more with every episode

There IS a difference between Whiskey and Bourbon dammit!
Bourbon tastes notably sweeter and a bit thicker than whiskey.

I actually prefer Bourbon now, though it's a couple bucks more expensive.

coolwhip

Noob
Towards the end of the section talking about if Injustice has a random factor why are top players consistently placing, isn't it just the general consensus now that anyone who says something ridiculous like "I got out randomed" "Injustice is a scrubby game" is just salty and has never had any success in the game? Their opinions aren't even worth talking about.

Also, when @GGA Saucy Jack was talking about how 50/50s are more than just high/lows and are so common <3

I swear I fall in love with you more with every episode
You two get a room already.

Hades

Noob
Alright i'm a nobody and i'm more of a lurker than anything but how has this not got a front page yet? It is promoting a healthy message about the NRS scene and is also entertaining to the people. No offence guys but there is a bit of bias here. I mean if REO can make a 45 minute podcast talking about match ups and get a front page why can't these guys get a front page?

@STORMS @CrimsonShadow @RM GamerBlake

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Alright i'm a nobody and i'm more of a lurker than anything but how has this not got a front page yet? It is promoting a healthy message about the NRS scene and is also entertaining to the people. No offence guys but there is a bit of bias here. I mean if REO can make a 45 minute podcast talking about match ups and get a front page why can't these guys get a front page?

@STORMS @CrimsonShadow @RM GamerBlake
Tym front pages the first podcast episode then they usually stop as policy

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Tym front pages the first podcast episode then they usually stop as policy
What Claude said. It's nothing to do with bias. If REO were to make a second episode of his podcast, it wouldn't go up either due to our policy on podcasts.

Back when podcasts became a regular thing (and trust me, there were a lot of those floating around), they started to overshadow the rest of the material on the front page. To cut down on this, we decided to promote only the debut episode, then let the rest of the broadcasting team do the work from there.

Hades

Noob
What Claude said. It's nothing to do with bias. If REO were to make a second episode of his podcast, it wouldn't go up either due to our policy on podcasts.

Back when podcasts became a regular thing (and trust me, there were a lot of those floating around), they started to overshadow the rest of the material on the front page. To cut down on this, we decided to promote only the debut episode, then let the rest of the broadcasting team do the work from there.
Thats sad to hear :( plenty of people may miss put on this content, which is good for the community and is better than some of the other front page news currently there now. I'm aware of how many podcasts there used to be but there hasn't been a trend of podcasts for months. I don't logically see how chucking this podcast on your front page weekly could clutter the front page. In fact with NRS games being on the rise again (endless online tournaments, streams etc) wouldn't front paging positive content about the community be in your best interests? Not saying i have any idea how to run your website or anything like that, but this is something good for the community and seeing it not getting the exposure it deserves seems wrong to me

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Thats sad to hear :( plenty of people may miss put on this content, which is good for the community and is better than some of the other front page news currently there now. I'm aware of how many podcasts there used to be but there hasn't been a trend of podcasts for months. I don't logically see how chucking this podcast on your front page weekly could clutter the front page. In fact with NRS games being on the rise again (endless online tournaments, streams etc) wouldn't front paging positive content about the community be in your best interests? Not saying i have any idea how to run your website or anything like that, but this is something good for the community and seeing it not getting the exposure it deserves seems wrong to me
Considering each thread for each episode has gotten floods of input every time they have gone up, I don't think missing the content is as much of a concern as you think it is. After all, it isn't just us who decides how much attention content gets, but also all of you.

Hades

Noob
Considering each thread for each episode has gotten floods of input every time they have gone up, I don't think missing the content is as much of a concern as you think it is. After all, it isn't just us who decides how much attention content gets, but also all of you.
Not everyone looks at recent news though. You do realise that a lot of people don't have accounts or just lurk and only look at front page news. Hell i did the same when i first got to the site and listened to a KTP episode through the front page before going to youtube and watching more of their content. Eventually i started looking at the website and then made an account like a year later.

It just seems silly to me having something such as a killer instinct online tournament taking a spot on the front page every week (partly because you, a mod with the power to front page does the write ups and enters the tournament itself). news like that is much less beneficial than a podcast about the NRS scene and coherent arguments that also include the casual player and help them with information too.

I think you should reconsider your policy and front page regular content that clearly has a close following. It will help get KTF more exposure and hopefully gain a bigger following. Anyway you should make sure you read my points and 'konsider the following' (sorry but i had to).

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Not everyone looks at recent news though. You do realise that a lot of people don't have accounts or just lurk and only look at front page news. Hell i did the same when i first got to the site and listened to a KTP episode through the front page before going to youtube and watching more of their content. Eventually i started looking at the website and then made an account like a year later.

It just seems silly to me having something such as a killer instinct online tournament taking a spot on the front page every week (partly because you, a mod with the power to front page does the write ups and enters the tournament itself). news like that is much less beneficial than a podcast about the NRS scene and coherent arguments that also include the casual player and help them with information too.

I think you should reconsider your policy and front page regular content that clearly has a close following. It will help get KTF more exposure and hopefully gain a bigger following. Anyway you should make sure you read my points and 'konsider the following' (sorry but i had to).
No offense, but we place the priority of promoting tournaments, online or offline, much higher than that of promoting podcasts regardless of who hosts them. Ultimately, that is part of TYM's purpose in supporting the tournament scene. That goes for KI, Injustice, MK9, and any other fighters we come to support in the future.

I respect your opinion, but our position on how we promote podcasts stands.

Hades

Noob
No offense, but we place the priority of promoting tournaments, online or offline, much higher than that of promoting podcasts regardless of who hosts them. Ultimately, that is part of TYM's purpose in supporting the tournament scene. That goes for KI, Injustice, MK9, and any other fighters we come to support in the future.

I respect your opinion, but our position on how we promote podcasts stands.
And thats a shame. I understand how you want to promote tournaments and whatnot but why a podcast that is helping promote the NRS scene is not given the treatment it deserves because you have this ridiculous rule. How often are things front paged on TYM that one podcast a week would be to much for the front page and people would miss out on this other content? It seems like i'm not going to change your mind and that you won't even consider what I have to say because of the rules of the site. I mean i completely missed episode 3 of this and went back and listened to it after this because i missed it due to it not being front paged. I just think it's ridiculous you not front paging content the people want...

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I mean Blake has a point, there's a lot of things going on the front page everyday and the continuing exploits of five goofballs probably isn't in the cards. We had our shot at a front page once, let's just make the best of it. Wait...

...There are two episodes front paged...