What's new

Kombat Pack 3, 4 and 5 Leak From the Guy That Leaked Aftermath

According to DVD who's been right before we're not done. :p
I'll trust a woman who was in the know since the beginning if you don't mind ;) It does explain to me why they made it available worldwide physically, next and old gen, it's basically like MKXL and with covid-19 and the sudden movie skins released and no more new KL, it's definitely a sign that for now they're done. Maybe they will start to pick things IF covid-19 vaccine really allows them to do motion capture and getting everyone back in the studio.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I'll trust a woman who was in the know since the beginning if you don't mind ;) It does explain to me why they made it available worldwide physically, next and old gen, it's basically like MKXL and with covid-19 and the sudden movie skins released and no more new KL, it's definitely a sign that for now they're done. Maybe they will start to pick things IF covid-19 vaccine really allows them to do motion capture and getting everyone back in the studio.
Wait ... is Judgement that chick who does Shinnok fan art on twitter?

I'd love to be wrong, but it makes no sense to me. I can't imagine what job function this person serves to make the context of the email make sense. They start by giving a congratulations that feels company-wide...in a dev update? Then the content of the update is a mix of highly specific bugs that are likely simple fixes that this ostensibly wide audience isn't going to care about, concept-level issues that they're asking for feedback on (who is the audience of this email?), and grievances about how bad some of the bugs are. If this is a dev team, why give an update that says "xyz looks awful"?

I don't think it's super unbelievable from a content perspective, but the tone of the email and its purpose implies an organizational structure that I find hard to believe exists at NRS/WB, or any other large software development company. I guess it's possible this is a program manager giving a dev update, but it sounds more like this person is giving feedback to a dev team about what needs to be fixed. Even if they are giving an update, a PM isn't going to communicate to leadership that "down needs to be held for this Brutality". That's a small-fry bug that I can't imagine the intended recipient of this email cares about or even understands the significance of.

Again, would love to eat crow when all of this becomes true because the content itself is exciting to me and I love the concept of the Waddles leak, but it reads like someone who is imagining what it is like to work for NRS and not someone who actually does.
Yeah, I thought of all of this too when I read this. I’m a project manager and a building automation (HVAC) designer and while I don’t do any dev work, I could not believe the tone and content in this “email” was authentic in the slightest, and if it was, it was very unprofessional and written by someone who probably shouldn’t be typing emails of this sort.

I could not believe the tone and content in this “email” was authentic in the slightest, and if it was, it was very unprofessional and written by someone who probably shouldn’t be typing emails of this sort.
What exactly makes it unprofessional etc?

It looks like an informal rundown sent to some people to give them an update on things that need to be looked at. Possibly department managers which is why things like "grievances about how bad some of the bugs are. If this is a dev team, why give an update that says "xyz looks awful"?" are there. Those managers then take that info and let their guys in whatever department know what needs to be tweaked/fixed.

Either way, it's an interesting leak, esp. since the characters mentioned are ones that have been thrown around for some time afaik.

mattteo

Noob
NRS Email Leak this isn't, way too loose and informal with info. But then people called that email bullshit too so I won't rule it out.
As sketchy as it is, it would be nice.

Man fuck Waddles and DVD, Bring back Lupinko. He was a better leaker than both combined.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Someone should pull up the Gameplay reveal event leak and compare it. That was an in office press leak, the language might be comparable

I agree that email sounds wack for all of the reasons listed by @chud_munson. But I have no idea how NRS organizes its disciplines or how organized their communication is. NGL some of the stuff we see from NRS makes me think the company is a mess. So a sloppy email is not exactly uncharacteristic. Just unorganized and random, and poorly communicated - much like all of MK11 and its DLC.

FWIW I did find a Jon Fairchild in MK11 credits who is a head software engineer at NRS, as well as a Joe Flores, who is a Production Manager. Of course, the "JF" in the email could have been easily faked.

mattteo

Noob
Guys.....all this discussion for an email that has the same leak as the one Waddies leaker who appeared out of a sudden gave...

The only think you need to understand is that such an email showing the exact same characters can't be real as long the man is a proven liar.

He lied about his proof. Sent his file to the MK moderators containing a pdf he had gotten as proof. The language used there has nothing to do with the original Waddles leak. No paragraph in that proof gave him the description to write what the original Waddles wrote.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/g9qqed/_/fovdfm9
The one posted by MistahJ doesn't have that description, it's copied from the PSN. End of story. Not the same Waddles.

With the Game Awards coming up and MK holding its own little rewards poll, I wouldn't put it past NRS to tease something.
I don't expect them to but also not ruling it out either.

With the Game Awards coming up and MK holding its own little rewards poll, I wouldn't put it past NRS to tease something.
I don't expect them to but also not ruling it out either.
Totally possible. My crazy money is on MKHD (see post below).

About that poll...that was a weird poll. Like what was the purpose? And how designed it? Too much free response and oddly designed questions. I know it's not a political survey, but the whole thing seemed like it was made by an intern who just learned what a radio button is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/k68za7

The main hole I'll poke in that MKHD theory is that she misspelled Netherrealm as neverrealm.
Which isn't her fault or a big deal it's just if she was teasing something I figure she'd remember the name.

The main hole I'll poke in that MKHD theory is that she misspelled Netherrealm as neverrealm.
Which isn't her fault or a big deal it's just if she was teasing something I figure she'd remember the name.
Ha, I noticed that too. I think if she had said "Thanks for bringing Sonya back" instead of "keeping her alive" I'd be more inclined to say they're working on a new project.

What exactly makes it unprofessional etc?

It looks like an informal rundown sent to some people to give them an update on things that need to be looked at. Possibly department managers which is why things like "grievances about how bad some of the bugs are. If this is a dev team, why give an update that says "xyz looks awful"?" are there. Those managers then take that info and let their guys in whatever department know what needs to be tweaked/fixed.

Either way, it's an interesting leak, esp. since the characters mentioned are ones that have been thrown around for some time afaik.
Because I'd like this leak to be true, I'm gonna try my best to rationalize the email and see where it all collapses:

ContentScoreComment
Sender: JFNot legitThe topics covered by this email are very broad. The only two NRS leads whom I could find with the initials "JF" are a Jon Fairlchild (lead software engineer, technology) and a Joe Flores (production mgr) - Jon's role seems too narrow for this type of email, and Joe's seems too low.
Subject: Development Update XX/XX/XXXX dateNot legitCopies the marketing one too literally, which was "Marketing Update XX/XX/XXXX"

Also what exactly is a "Development" update? NRS is a developer - everything the studio does is "development." There is not a "development" discipline/dept at NRS (unlike Marketing) - just look at the MK11 game credits on Youtube.
Greeting: "Hello all!"Not legitCopies Marketing email leak, but ","instead of "!"
Intro: congrats on AM/KP2, KP3 scheduled for 5/4/21, quick update on where things standNot legitThis intro is all over the place, and the tone is just off. This person is emailing these employees as if they have never discussed the success of past work before, or the impact of Covid. Referring to it as "Corona" is also strange. 5/4 is Tuesday - good work. The whole thing feels rigged.
Reveal trailer detailedNot legitSuper boring and simple compared to past reveals - basically the 3 MK characters show up, and then the guest is zoomed in on - so? And then feedback is solicited, just like in the marketing email. The Plastic Wax mention is also lifted from the Marketing email, as is the request for feedback.
Test Your Might tower "unplayable", "too many issues", "may need to be delayed"Not legitUnlike the character feedback, no bugs are described and hastily described as possibly requiring delay, when release is still 6-7 months out...makes no sense. Also TYM was lifted from a different mine/leak.
Musetta face rig need eyes/lips remodeledN/ACould go either way, obviously referencing Waddles leak.
Forest arenaN/AAgain "supports" Waddles
Character bug feedbackN/ASome people take issue with the criticism, which isn't really that harsh, esp if some of this work is outsourced. What I find I strange is how these bugs relate to the rest of the email. The organization of thought is all over the place. Then again, the communication about MK11/DLC has been a bit of a mess, so maybe it's a constant theme.

Last edited:

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
man when the fuck are they gonna add hsu hao to mk11 already, that was an awesome character.
Imo, him taven and daegon are among the best 3d era characters, just awesome characters in general, shame people want fucking havik and smoke over daegon smh.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
man when the fuck are they gonna add hsu hao to mk11 already, that was an awesome character.
Imo, him taven and daegon are among the best 3d era characters, just awesome characters in general, shame people want fucking havik and smoke over daegon smh.
Havik can go fuck himself. I want Kira and Kobra, dammit!

Because I'd like this leak to be true, I'm gonna try my best to rationalize the email and see where it all collapses:
I dunno. This to me reads like first leaks of the MK11 artwork where people were shitting on the scorpion/mk11 image + Rhonda Rousey as Sonya as being legit, because of whatever reasons they had back then. And BAM!! it was legit and the final artwork wasn't much of a departure to the leak & Rousey was Sonya..

Also what exactly is a "Development" update?
Like a status update of development progress? You can try and dissect the wording in it as much as you want, it doesn't mean that they don't communicate in a such an informal means between certain team members/departments. Not everything needs to be a formal document with references/images/links to specific people/teams etc.

If you're going to leak something, something somewhat vague that still shows some info is the way to go.