What's new

Kombat League Info & General Discussion Thread!

so always 500+ for each rank, thx for the info.
1540 ping guys, here i come...
But remember you gain less per win and lose more per loss at the higher ranks. I lost close to 90pts off one loss once.... Was sooo mad. After about six matches of mostly wins i didn't even make back what i lost

Afumba

Noob
I think there is a mistake with the ranks in OP. Grand Master is at 2500 to 3499.

Complete rank breakdown is:
Apprenrice 0-499
Kombatant 500-999
Warrior 1000-1499
Champion 1500-1999
Master 2000-2499
Grand Master 2500-3499
Demi God 3500-4499
God 4500-5499
Elder God 5500+

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think there is a mistake with the ranks in OP. Grand Master is at 2500 to 3499.

Complete rank breakdown is:
Apprenrice 0-499
Kombatant 500-999
Warrior 1000-1499
Champion 1500-1999
Master 2000-2499
Grand Master 2500-3499
Demi God 3500-4499
God 4500-5499
Elder God 5500+
changed it! I just noticed it jumped up from 500 to 1000 starting at GM.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hadn't played the KL in about 6 days. Just looked at it and I lost around half a bar of points and was demoted. That's harsh lol.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I just hit grandmaster and now I see it's 1000 points to Demi God. Fuck. That's gonna be a grind if I make it at all

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
This shit stressful, no joke.
that shit is shit. really, fuck combat league. the amount of shit ping matches i am forced to play where wakeups and other stuff dont register.
in case any of the nr staff reads this...with all the years producing nothing but fighting games thats the best shit you could come up with? thats just bejond pathetic. region and pingf filter is a must have in a comp environment and your 150 ping cap doesnt count...i mean really? 150 wifi is fine for you guys which anyway ends up higher. i ended up being forced to play people from the us and no your netcode is not even close to be good enough to manage to get good matches out of it. even italy/spain and russia makes issues and thats on the same fucking continent.

i wanted to get to a certain rank and despite me being + on each session so far point wise i am done with that shit mode and stick to casuals where i at least have the option to manually filter out connections to my need to some degree.

the sad part is...due to the costumes the majority of people will suck it up and stick to it which on netherrealms side means that its good because everyone is playing it...which isnt the case.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 35141

Ok what's with the daily challenge not counting on my season challenge been at 1/10 since the first day I started.

What really pisses me off is when someone playing wifi and the ping is 120, when you start the match it jumps to 200. Got enough problems as a johnny main strings not finishing due to this shit is infuriating.
Played 1 match as liu and every time I tried f43u3 id get f43 jump 3

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
For some reason, I keep getting matched with people in Master rank and I'm GM, so I only get 20 points per win, this is ridiculous.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I jumped on KL for the first time in a while last night. Played a decent Kitana, but their Starbucks wifi was horrendous. In the middle of both of our combos it would lag spike which made it really fun. Then they started jumping over and over and over. D2 was useless, anti-air was useless, it was just a complete mess. They barely beat me then go ahead and t-bag to a fatality.

Fuck Kombat League with a capital F.

By the way, if anyone on this forum has a wifi connection I have to say this: Your friends or people you play often aren't saying anything because they LIKE YOU and don't want to offend you. Get a wired connection. If you have wifi you're either using someone else's signal and shouldn't play competitively anyway, or you have your own router you can spend $10 on an ethernet cable to plug straight into. There are no more excuses for the wifi "but mine is okay I promise." No, it's not actually. Just no one has ever been blunt with you that it sucks to lose frames, have bad timing to the easiest things because of it, or flat out LOSE when you shouldn't. It's not to say there aren't good players using wifi, I'm not saying that. So yeah, done playing KL unless they have skins that I actually like for characters I use. It's literally voluntary brain damage at this point.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I jumped on KL for the first time in a while last night. Played a decent Kitana, but their Starbucks wifi was horrendous. In the middle of both of our combos it would lag spike which made it really fun. Then they started jumping over and over and over. D2 was useless, anti-air was useless, it was just a complete mess. They barely beat me then go ahead and t-bag to a fatality.

Fuck Kombat League with a capital F.

By the way, if anyone on this forum has a wifi connection I have to say this: Your friends or people you play often aren't saying anything because they LIKE YOU and don't want to offend you. Get a wired connection. If you have wifi you're either using someone else's signal and shouldn't play competitively anyway, or you have your own router you can spend $10 on an ethernet cable to plug straight into. There are no more excuses for the wifi "but mine is okay I promise." No, it's not actually. Just no one has ever been blunt with you that it sucks to lose frames, have bad timing to the easiest things because of it, or flat out LOSE when you shouldn't. It's not to say there aren't good players using wifi, I'm not saying that. So yeah, done playing KL unless they have skins that I actually like for characters I use. It's literally voluntary brain damage at this point.
And if they hate the KL and want to compete against good players and get points and bragging rights there is also the TYM MK11 League

Ayx

Omnipresent
For some reason, I keep getting matched with people in Master rank and I'm GM, so I only get 20 points per win, this is ridiculous.
It gets better. I'm @ Elder God and GM matches are 10 points. Demis are 20 and only God/Elder are 40 or above. Meanwhile 100+ points per loss as Elder. It's a harsh system that the very few dedicated can continuously stay on. So basically most (including myself) just gatekeep by playing 1 match every 2 days until the season is over because there's no point otherwise.

So basically most (including myself) just gatekeep by playing 1 match every 2 days until the season is over because there's no point otherwise.
Why?

If you've reached the top and KL is that bad for you why continue playing? You're still going to get all the prizes even if you don't play another game for the rest of the season?!

Ayx

Omnipresent
Why?

If you've reached the top and KL is that bad for you why continue playing? You're still going to get all the prizes even if you don't play another game for the rest of the season?!
To avoid decay. There's no confirmation if people who lost rank due to decay don't get their "Elder God" banner & icon at the end of the season. The gear and skins, yes, but not the banner and icon. So just to avoid the headache I play once.

&& It's not bad. Just a flawed system. Most Elder Gods including myself just play on secondary accounts now to enjoy KL at a more "relaxed" pace.

fireborg

Noob
ok soo does the kombat league reward you for playing more matches? meaning you might have a better rank just because play more than someone else?

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
Yeah it’s way longer but not so bad, unless you get cable pullers.
Must say the way from GM > Demi God was so funny/stressfull/enrageing /satisfying and in the end i had a blast. :D

BUT the WIFI Scorpions and cable pullers are frustrating

Here is my last match to DemiGod , sadly the audio is not in the vid when he screams "Stop spamming or i PULL THE PLUG! 3...2...1..." and he pulled the cable.

this time i could laugh about it, got my DG Symbol but had only 3475 points :eek:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Must say the way from GM > Demi God was so funny/stressfull/enrageing /satisfying and in the end i had a blast. :D

Here is my last match to DemiGod , sadly the audio is not in the vid when he screams "Stop spamming or i PULL THE PLUG! 3...2...1..." and he pulled the cable.

this time i could laugh about it, got my DG Symbol but had only 3475 points :eek:
That's weird, last time I got a cable puller it took points OFF.

It's hilarious how people act online, was it a kid?

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?

Who is this pleb? Dishonoring the Khan. He must be executed!

Yo last 2 days of the season and it's only Erron, scorp, erron, cassie, "i go first kothal then switch to erron, scorp, erron,cassie" loooll It's a battlefield guys.