What's new

Kombat League Info & General Discussion Thread!

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
I don’t understand people that just do j3, d1 the whole match..... like dude, has your controller only two buttons? Getting anti aired 5 times in a row is not telling you something?

Why are those players not playing towers....

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I don’t understand people that just do j3, d1 the whole match..... like dude, has your controller only two buttons? Getting anti aired 5 times in a row is not telling you something?

They want the shiny skins.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
hi
maybe i am late to the party here
but why am i forced to play someone with wireless connection (thanks for the indicator, thumbs up NRS)
and(!) yellow fps indicator (PC)?

me with LAN and green fps should have the option to decline that

man really, fix your PC while playing other people playing online too, i dont want to be forced playing them
(i might play them, when i dont find anyone else of course)
---
so far after ~10 casual sets, it were actually more fun than i thought.
the unlocking stuff for casuals is really fun to play online as a extra reason too.
(everyone loves to hunt treasures :D)
this should keep the player pool for beginners to advanced filled, as a season only last for 1 month
(great concept @NRS)

and dont blame beginners, first the game is still kinda new and second the league has just started.
when the player pool is high enough and you are on a higher rank, the game should become more fun(challenging) for the skill you are at

ps: why NRS still dont have a way to stay in practice mode while searching for games feels kinda "outdated" to me. maybe some day

Worst part currently is watching the kids play (and suck) while I work on dishes or laundry or something.
I have an 18 month old. Only play when he is napping or sleeping at night. When he wakes up, I usually end up losing because I have to go away from controller. When he walks by and see me play, I have to block his view from seeing the animated gore, then turn it off. Therefore, being .500 is the best I can ever be at this game :)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous

I literally had to d1 this Kabal player 5 fucking times in a row to TEACH his ASS to block and NOT jump. And what the fuck did he do? He proceed to j3.....i dont want kids ....EVER!

E

Eldriken

I literally had to d1 this Kabal player 5 fucking times in a row to TEACH his ASS to block and NOT jump. And what the fuck did he do? He proceed to j3.....i dont want kids ....EVER!
Did he try jumping after every d1 or did he sometimes press buttons? I ask because if he jumped/pressed buttons every time, most characters can start their normal offense after a d1 on hit. That probably would have made him learn (hopefully) quicker.

Eating 20%+ a few times for not respecting plus frames should clue anyone in versus a few percent from a d1.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What I'm very thankful for is that MMR doesn't reset. I didn't have to deal with wifi warriors, lagswitchers, ragequitters or just the typical bad players for the first 10 matches because I was in top 100 rank, or whatever it was 5 days before.

On the other hand, trying out a variation that forces you to calculate life for life trades, have no up close game and half of it not working, in that kind of environment is kinda hell.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
As a sidenote i love the little battle stats they give you while youre waiting on the other guy to rematch. U press start and all the throws and shit are logged to see whats beating you or what you aint doing enough of !
This is hands down the best feature. I can instantly see what I'm not doing enough of and what I keep getting hit by.

Somedays I hate parenting, I'm dying on the sidelines )=
You have to wait till they go to bed and play at night and live with little sleep. Thats what I'm doing. I seriously wish I could just have a weekend of MK. All these guys grinding all day everyday and I'm lucky to get an hour or two a night.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Did he try jumping after every d1 or did he sometimes press buttons? I ask because if he jumped/pressed buttons every time, most characters can start their normal offense after a d1 on hit. That probably would have made him learn (hopefully) quicker.

Eating 20%+ a few times for not respecting plus frames should clue anyone in versus a few percent from a d1.
After the d1 he either jumped to cross me over for a jump-in combo or kept pressing buttons. Either way it felt like fighting a fucking fly with a small ass swatter. ANNOYING! But i won. Fuck that style lol

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
They should allow you to pick your character before you start searching for matches, I always end up picking the wrong variation or character when i use hidden cursor. Plus it’ll prevent alot of counter picking.
THIS x1000000000000000

I want to shake your had, sir. Ma'am.....whateva HUG ME <3!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
They should allow you to pick your character before you start searching for matches, I always end up picking the wrong variation or character when i use hidden cursor. Plus it’ll prevent alot of counter picking.
I need to start using the hidden cursor more, but then again a Scorpion player counter-picked Baraka and I was fine with that lmao

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I try to go hidden cursor and I always end up with Grinnin Barrett, how tf am I supposed to win with that trash ass variation? :p