What's new

Kombat League Info & General Discussion Thread!

stokedAF

casual kahnage
That’s weird. I had a couple disconnects yesterday but I still got the wins and the points. They can quit all they want now lol. The only annoying part is that it doesn’t count towards your daily challenge. I had to play 8 sets to get my 5 sets a day lol.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
That’s weird. I had a couple disconnects yesterday but I still got the wins and the points. They can quit all they want now lol. The only annoying part is that it doesn’t count towards your daily challenge. I had to play 8 sets to get my 5 sets a day lol.
Oh shit well I'm glad they fixed that!

Spektor

Noob
Yeah, I just can't play FT2 vs Liu all night. I am glad that Jax has been completely ignored in the rewards so far. Just gonna keep grinding player matches and getting mauled by the killers that post around here. I feel like in just the few weeks that I have been posting here, I have learned more than in the five years I have been 'seriously' playing NRS games.
Hey, that's not true. He got a completely blank and boring belt buckle that was worse than all his other gear in Season 1!

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Think that's bad? Try getting there using Johnny.
I did it with Kotal got to Demi God
First Season I made it to Elder with Shang
Not sure I'd I'll try I'll just get the Cassie skin coming up and I want the Quantum Baraka and maybe the kitanas comment up but mostly the new Cassie. Haven't checked but is the Cassie skin this season?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I did it with Kotal got to Demi God
First Season I made it to Elder with Shang
Not sure I'd I'll try I'll just get the Cassie skin coming up and I want the Quantum Baraka and maybe the kitanas comment up but mostly the new Cassie. Haven't checked but is the Cassie skin this season?
it's next season, but she has new sunglasses this season for Demi God.

LawAbidingCitizen

it's next season, but she has new sunglasses this season for Demi God.
If they made it FT3 And allowed decline option for ping above 100ms I'd be more into KL. for me its just really laggy and unresponsive matches that feel like all high level links, counters, AAs, wave dashing, jailing is all removed from matches and it makes me feel like I can only play to half of my potential so I just play locals and tournaments and vs TYMers. I'm about to get 3 more practice buddies I'll be using Cassie, Liu Kang and Nightwolf until more DLC drop.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
If they made it FT3 And allowed decline option for ping above 100ms I'd be more into KL. for me its just really laggy and unresponsive matches that feel like all high level links, counters, AAs, wave dashing, jailing is all removed from matches and it makes me feel like I can only play to half of my potential so I just play locals and tournaments and vs TYMers. I'm about to get 3 more practice buddies I'll be using Cassie, Liu Kang and Nightwolf until more DLC drop.
Yeah, I agree, but I don't mind FT2 tho I think it would be too long to rank up especially when we get like 20 points per win.

LawAbidingCitizen

Yeah, I agree, but I don't mind FT2 tho I think it would be too long to rank up especially when we get like 20 points per win.
Maybe they can make it FT3 and 50-100 points per win and only lose points at grand master and up (Minus 10-20points per loss)

Yeah I don't hate FT2 its really just the lag and I like more time to adapt. Especially when I can't punish a jump in due to lag and might need another match to adjust to the delay so I can punish.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Maybe they can make it FT3 and 50-100 points per win and only lose points at grand master and up (Minus 10-20points per loss)

Yeah I don't hate FT2 its really just the lag and I like more time to adapt. Especially when I can't punish a jump in due to lag and might need another match to adjust to the delay so I can punish.
Yep, the points are just kinda low at higher ranks and playing 3 games for 20 points doesn't seem worth it at all D:

LawAbidingCitizen

Played 10, lost 10. All Liu Kang players.
I'm not understanding all the LK hate? There are clear counters to him and he dies lack footsie range?
Honestly the only buff LHQ received was jailing which existed before just easier now. His F3 took a huge nerf now he can't put it out safely since its got a gap when canceled into SS3. Before the patch he could stuff F3333 in your face and make it safe with low kick and hit confirm into his highest damaging combos now he will only get 24% from F4/B1/123/212 ect unless he wants to risk punish by using F2 or F3 and if he wants to use F3 for punish you have to do shit more negative than -14 and I don't see that happening vs any A tier and up?
Obviously he is string but there are ways to shut him down not to mention his F43 still wiffs on several characters.

E

Eldriken

I'm not understanding all the LK hate? There are clear counters to him and he dies lack footsie range?
Honestly the only buff LHQ received was jailing which existed before just easier now. His F3 took a huge nerf now he can't put it out safely since its got a gap when canceled into SS3. Before the patch he could stuff F3333 in your face and make it safe with low kick and hit confirm into his highest damaging combos now he will only get 24% from F4/B1/123/212 ect unless he wants to risk punish by using F2 or F3 and if he wants to use F3 for punish you have to do shit more negative than -14 and I don't see that happening vs any A tier and up?
Obviously he is string but there are ways to shut him down not to mention his F43 still wiffs on several characters.

Dude. There are counters to plenty of characters and people still lose. Let's not start with this shit, yeah?

Wasn't asking for any of the above. I made a statement and left it at that.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Had my first KL experience last night after skipping the first two seasons (tho i technically played 1 match season 1) and it was definitely interesting. I'm trying to learn the game and find a better character for me so I was really expecting a bad time.

First match starts off with me as Raiden against a Lao, he jumps, attempts a dive kick, gets caught in storm cell and immediately quitalitied. Next 4 sets consisted of Kitana's except one switched to Liu when they lost the first match. Then a Final set against a Nightwolf who absolutely dominated me, and made me realize I truly am trash and need to re-evaluate the games I play competitively.

So off to a pretty fun start!

DC King

Noob
Had my first KL experience last night after skipping the first two seasons (tho i technically played 1 match season 1) and it was definitely interesting. I'm trying to learn the game and find a better character for me so I was really expecting a bad time.

First match starts off with me as Raiden against a Lao, he jumps, attempts a dive kick, gets caught in storm cell and immediately quitalitied. Next 4 sets consisted of Kitana's except one switched to Liu when they lost the first match. Then a Final set against a Nightwolf who absolutely dominated me, and made me realize I truly am trash and need to re-evaluate the games I play competitively.

So off to a pretty fun start!
You think that’s something. Try waking up on your day off and jumping into KL with Raijin Raiden only to run into PL and 2 other players that seem to be on alt accounts and get rekt. Or better yet beat someone in the first match only for them to switch to buffed up Cetrion and spam all match. This is the most fun I ever had :rolleyes:

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
You think that’s something. Try waking up on your day off and jumping into KL with Raijin Raiden only to run into PL and 2 other players that seem to be on alt accounts and get rekt. Or better yet beat someone in the first match only for them to switch to buffed up Cetrion and spam all match. This is the most fun I ever had :rolleyes:
I get what you're saying but I do wish i could wake up and jump into KL, instead I gotta jump my ass into work :(

Also I think I will give Raijin a try, its not like I expect to be winning anyway

DC King

Noob
I get what you're saying but I do wish i could wake up and jump into KL, instead I gotta jump my ass into work :(

Also I think I will give Raijin a try, its not like I expect to be winning anyway
Idk man you might wanna stick with TW. I liked Raijin a lot more before the patch when I can punish this annoying poke meta with discharge even tho his combo potential was trash. Not too sure I will try making it to Demi God this season it’s getting pretty boring facing Jax, Lui and the occasional Cetrion player ever other match.