What's new

Kombat League Info & General Discussion Thread!

They should allow you to pick your character before you start searching for matches, I always end up picking the wrong variation or character when i use hidden cursor. Plus it’ll prevent alot of counter picking.
Definitely! I would approve of this in a big way.

Also what I am learning in KL is that I am really, really fucking awful :rolleyes:. It's been a sobering experience. I knew I wasn't good, but unfortunately the PC Kasual queue was not the most fertile ground for competition.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Yeah I just want the Scorpion/Kitana skins but it's hard to get 10,000 blood spilled when I get bodied every match because I'm awful. It is not helping the depression I'm deep in right now but I really NEED those two skins. I'm hoping you get the Kitana skin essentially free as it's the first tier reward and I don't have to make it past rank 3 to unlock it... I am not good enough to get there.

Can someone explain to me why the fuck do i lose points if i don't log in for a few days? Who's dumb idea was that?

Does NRS think that all we do is play MK 24/7?
I've got a job, a relationship and other shit happening in my life every day, why should i be penalized for living my life?

This is very frustrating.

Ayx

Omnipresent
Dragon, NinjaKilla, Scar are near the top of the heap
41-0 and you know that that account was top MML for leaderboard previously too... insane.
Can someone explain to me why the fuck do i lose points if i don't log in for a few days? Who's dumb idea was that?

I've got a job, a relationship and other shit happening in my life every day, why should i be penalized for living my life?

How much points did you lose?

Yeah I just want the Scorpion/Kitana skins but it's hard to get 10,000 blood spilled when I get bodied every match because I'm awful. It is not helping the depression I'm deep in right now but I really NEED those two skins. I'm hoping you get the Kitana skin essentially free as it's the first tier reward and I don't have to make it past rank 3 to unlock it... I am not good enough to get there.
Trust me, you don't need it :) they're just skins. Plus, I very much doubt they'll be exclusive forever. Likely will end up in the premium shop and tower rotation in the future. It just has to be exclusive for a period of time. If you're enjoying playing because you're enjoying the process, give it some time, otherwise don't expend mental and emotional energy just for the sake of some recolors!

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I really like black and red and wanted a skin like that since day 1. I wish Kitana's wasn't the model with the half-cape but hey it's the color scheme I wanted. Nothing I want ever comes up in the premium shop, lol. I'm sitting on so many crystals just waiting for something I actually want. But no I do not enjoy online. I usually play single player or offline local vs against friends who are more in my league.

haketh

Noob

It's a common decay in a lot of competitive modes for games, it prolly won't decay as long as you play at least one match

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I do like how as you go up the ranks you begin to lose points for losses and all that. Or if you lose to a lower rank, you lose a substantial more amount of points. I got to Champion now and beat some guy at Master. So I got 50 points (if I lost I would only lose 10 points) and he lost losing 150 points (if he won I think he was getting like 20 points). If it continues this way above the 3rd rank I think it's a very solid ranking system.

Anyone noticed that on PC to get from Warrior to Champion you need 1000 points (1000-2000) while on consoles every rank is at 500 points? I just broke 2000 points and got into champ on PC while I'm seeing streamers being at 2500 and already being grandmasters.

Definitely! I would approve of this in a big way.

Also what I am learning in KL is that I am really, really fucking awful :rolleyes:. It's been a sobering experience. I knew I wasn't good, but unfortunately the PC Kasual queue was not the most fertile ground for competition.
The PSN Kasual Kompetetive queue gets you ready for that shit. I got bodied 2-20 by a Geras yesterday. People who play Kasuals on PS4 are savages.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I’m just gonna do the daily challenges, that’s all I really have left. Then I will unlock the Scorpion skin. No point in really trying to rank up vs 200+ ping terrible connections (WiFi or Wired doesn’t make any difference tbh)

kevkopdx

Noob
Once I got to the end of Master, the competition went through the roof and I was losing huge amounts of points for losses... I’m sitting in grand master now and I’m not sure I’ll get to the next rank, it’s a sobering experience and it’s highlighting everything I do wrong, I have a LOT of bad habits... haha

Your best bet is to check out their last stream, they explain it better than I do.

Basically, yes you lose points, but unless you're elder god, it's not a lot and you can recupe those points in a couple of sets.

I see a lot of people are frustrated because of wifi scorpions and indeed this game has become laggier compared to what it was during the stress test and the beta. At that time I played on phone tether wifi and it ran perfect with no lag at all and I specifically asked my opponents whether it was laggy for them or not, nobody had any issues.

They did something to the netcode, it is a lot worse now than it used to be. Sucks that they don't admit it.

Last weekend I played with a guy from my town, the distance between us is about 5 kilometers, yet the ping was 60-80. Not just high ping, it was unstable too. High ping itself doesn't really matter unless its 200+, it's the instability that causes the lag.

Anyone else feels the same?

Hey does anyone know, do you receive the skin if you reach the lowest rank of the three skins they show on the left? Like if I reach demi do I get that erron black skin still? Or I have to get all the way to elder?

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
how many points do you need to reach demi god? is it always 500+ for a rank up or does it change the higher you get?
to doesnt list all the ranks/points needed.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
how many points do you need to reach demi god? is it always 500+ for a rank up or does it change the higher you get?
to doesnt list all the ranks/points needed.
It's 3000 for Demi God, I'll update the list sorry!