What's new

KL Changes

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
I'm sorry, can't you pull over 40% with one bar on a jump in? Not unique I know, but I can do that combo after 3 minutes of practice mode. Sonya players have to pull some retarded bullshit with their fingers to get over 40%. The only tricky thing is the command grab lotus flower thing. The only Laos with gimped damage I play are the ones that spin me and then go 1 1 1 grab.

so you feel he should have kept his 70% corner combos?
70% is ofcourse outrageous, but they overnerfed it a bit when a lot of other characters also had 40%+ combos midscreen, atleast thats my opinion, no way should he do any combos into the 50's but neither should sonya, kitana, smoke and others and definitely not any resets should be in the game, but it is what it is, this is far from the things that shouldve been different.

(im not asking for a buff or nerf btw, just to make clear that this is my opinion)

ZtrideRz

Noob
Cyrax is the most OP char in the game.. Have you seen Maxters resets with his bombs and net. Everything cyrax has is OP. Command grab = Instant pressure. All round he is well overpowerd. I can't wait till he gets nerfed to the extent lao has been. Might tweet ed boon.

Cyrax is the most OP char in the game.. Have you seen Maxters resets with his bombs and net. Everything cyrax has is OP. Command grab = Instant pressure. All round he is well overpowerd. I can't wait till he gets nerfed to the extent lao has been. Might tweet ed boon.
definitely a troll account

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
if you cant tech a 10 frame window command grab or block against a character with no low starters then i question your ability to judge who is and isnt overpowered.

ZtrideRz

Noob
Cyrax dosent need low starters he is overpowerd enough already. He can thrash out 60 dmg with 1 bar off meter lmfao. Also has the ability to control space, and start combos with his bombs nets his b2 overhead. And a good cyrax player with meter can do mega resets and wipe out nearly 80 dmg. And has great hitbox range with his d4. Your telling me he isn't OP mustard if so you really are clueless.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You'd be better off tweeting to Paulo. Cuz Ed Boon could give all of a fuck lmao.

And Paulo would likely be like "Oh, man...what?"

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Cyrax dosent need low starters he is overpowerd enough already. He can thrash out 60 dmg with 1 bar off meter lmfao. Also has the ability to control space, and start combos with his bombs nets his b2 overhead. And a good cyrax player with meter can do mega resets and wipe out nearly 80 dmg. And has great hitbox range with his d4. Your telling me his isn't OP mustard if so you really are clueless.
*sigh*

ZtrideRz

Noob
" Is it that bad he was given a damage reduction? Considering the amount of tools he has at his disposal." What tools dose he have really... 2 overheads? And a decent jab string. And good anti air.. His low hat is not great for exchanging projectiles. As for his mobility not against a player who control's space well.70% dmg in the corner needed changing but then surely cyrax 80% resets need changing also mustard..?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
" Is it that bad he was given a damage reduction? Considering the amount of tools he has at his disposal." What tools dose he have really... 2 overheads? And a decent jab string. And good anti air.. His low hat is not great for exchanging projectiles. As for his mobility not against a player who control's space well.70% dmg in the corner needed changing but then surely cyrax 80% resets need changing also mustard..?
You should really know who you're talking to when you say stupid stuff on tym, mustard is one of the only cyrax players that doesn't use resets.

He's very much against them.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Fact is he cannot punish with strong combos, nor dose he have the tools against pro zoners. I've played kung Lao since mk9 came out am very good with him his combos took me months on months to master perform and online.
Months? really? it took me a total of 20 minutes

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Dude, I'm going to tell it like this.

I used to play PL's Kung Lao a lot. Pre-patch and post-patch.

This character's still top 5. The only thing he actually lost was the ability to pressure in a manner that was safe to all but 2 characters, and the ability to outzone a number of characters.

His mobility is still among the best in the game. I've seen m2dave vs FOREVER KING live. Best zoner in the game can't even keep KL out lmfao. And his damage is actually not awful, nor are his combos difficult (Fuck, the only character with legitimately difficult combos is Kabal if you go optimal as fuck).

Kung lao could get 60% with one bar anywhere on screen, i think it was very necessary.

ZtrideRz, you're either trolling, or you're just a fucking idiot.
no, you dont understand what Im saying, 60% is stupid. but without meter he does 30% which is weird compared to how it was first, nrs would have done a more accurate job if its was near 35%. in no way am I even trying to justify that kl needs into the 40's or higher without meter, that would be stupid, since he has all these chip options too. but you also have to remember, KL doesn have the 6 and 7 frame pokes most charcters do have.

ZtrideRz

Noob
I know exactly who mustard is... O right, Ye cyrax dose not need nerfing because mustard won't use resets.. or his 60 dmg midscreen 1 bar combo. Stfu tbh. He needs nerfing fact.

Dude, I'm going to tell it like this.

I used to play PL's Kung Lao a lot. Pre-patch and post-patch.

This character's still top 5. The only thing he actually lost was the ability to pressure in a manner that was safe to all but 2 characters, and the ability to outzone a number of characters.

His mobility is still among the best in the game. I've seen m2dave vs FOREVER KING live. Best zoner in the game can't even keep KL out lmfao. And his damage is actually not awful, nor are his combos difficult (Fuck, the only character with legitimately difficult combos is Kabal if you go optimal as fuck).
Imo the biggest difference since last patch is that he doesnt have his old low hat anymore to fight against low hitbox characters like mileena and sonya.

PND_Ketchup

no, you dont understand what Im saying, 60% is stupid. but without meter he does 30% which is weird compared to how it was first, nrs would have done a more accurate job if its was near 35%. in no way am I even trying to justify that kl needs into the 40's or higher without meter, that would be stupid, since he has all these chip options too. but you also have to remember, KL doesn have the 6 and 7 frame pokes most charcters do have.
He has a 6 frame spin which launches, it's like i said before. He's such an autpoilot character in terms of rushdown, he builds so much meter from normals alone, and the amount of chip you take from it really weighs in. It doesn't matter that his combos aren't as strong as some characters, he still does an insane amount of chip damage.

Yes you can scout the spin, but on reaction it's brutal.

PND_Ketchup

I know exactly who mustard is... O right, Ye cyrax dose not need nerfing because mustard won't use resets.. or his 60 dmg midscreen 1 bar combo. Stfu tbh. He needs nerfing fact.
You seem to think characters are only good because of damage.

lets nerf sheeva, that bitch can get 45% off of 5 hits.

EDIT: I never said cyrax didnt need a nerf, all resets need to go.