What's new

KL Changes

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I agree with THTB and Foxy. Before they nerfed KL, he was just a brain dead rushdown character. Now you have to be careful on how you ll play him. He still is top 5 material IMO.

ZtrideRz

Noob
Yes he has.

Useless against zoners.
Low dmg for hard to perform combos.
His roll can be interupted.
His teleport is easily upercuted.

He has no got a strong pressure game now kabals pressure game is far superior. Cyrax is mega overpowerd.. look at sectors damage on his combos, you really have no clue. They didn't just nerf him abit they put him in there nerf blender and we are left with a small dull shadow of the former kung Lao.. His damage output on his 1 1 2 spin>jump2 divekick > 2 exhat > 1 1 2 4 1+3 2 should not have been nerfed from 44dmg to 38.. I can perform 38 dmg combos with sector or cyrax with my eyes closed. He has been destroyed.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Yes he has.

Useless against zoners.
Low dmg for hard to perform combos.
His roll can be interupted.
His teleport is easily upercuted.

He has no got a strong pressure game now kabals pressure game is far superior. Cyrax is mega overpowerd.. look at sectors damage on his combos, you really have no clue. They didn't just nerf him abit they put him in there nerf blender and we are left with a small dull shadow of the former kung Lao.. His damage output on his 1 1 2 spin>jump2 divekick > 2 exhat > 1 1 2 4 1+3 2 should not have been nerfed from 44dmg to 38.. I can perform 38 dmg combos with sector or cyrax with my eyes closed. He has been destroyed.
lol.
lol.
and, lol.

ZtrideRz

Noob
Fact is he cannot punish with strong combos, nor dose he have the tools against pro zoners. I've played kung Lao since mk9 came out am very good with him his combos took me months on months to master perform and online. The latest patch was to extreme. In the last patch he was not amindless rush down char. Droping his best mid screen combo down by 6 is harsh also his recovery on low hat... Useless now start playing cyrax now is the best bet. Anyone who say Lao is top 5 is wrong. Cyber cyrax mellina cage kabal raiden kitanna.. He is not top 5.

gdf

Noob
Fact is he cannot punish with strong combos, nor dose he have the tools against pro zoners. I've played kung Lao since mk9 came out am very good with him his combos took me months on months to master inhale and online. The latest patch was to extrem. In the last patch he was not amindless rush down char.. droping his best mid screen combo down by 6 is harsh also his recovery on low hat... Useless now start playing cyrax now he is overpowered
EXCUSE ME, but can you pay attention for a minute.
His combos require a bit more practice, and you need to fight more people offline in order to make these conclusions.

Additionally, stick with the MK community for more time, because I don't want to be a condescending jerk in my responses to you.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Fact is he cannot punish with strong combos, nor dose he have the tools against pro zoners. I've played kung Lao since mk9 came out am very good with him his combos took me months on months to master inhale and online. The latest patch was to extrem. In the last patch he was not amindless rush down char.. droping his best mid screen combo down by 6 is harsh also his recovery on low hat... Useless now start playing cyrax now he is overpowered
so what you're saying is you he sucks because you cant just low hat in peoples faces all day anymore and your bnb's a bit weaker, yeah really sounds like the characters stone dead.

ZtrideRz

Noob
I'm just stating my opinion on the char I've played in every mortal kombat. Yes he was massively overpowerd at 1 point. But the last patch was to extreme sorry if I offended you.

ZtrideRz

Noob
And kabals shock orbs or kitannas low fans are any better? No what am saying is his best mid screen combo has had a 6 dmg reduction. And it shouldn't have had. IMO.

Am not saying his dead. Just not top 5 top 10 maybe..

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I feel that it's because the level of play has changed so much since v1.04, given that everyone has their d1/d3s down, other than his 2,4 mixups, I honestly don't think we'd see a difference in how "limited" KL players feel. He isn't thriving anymore, not because of nerfs, but because every other competent player buffed themselves, lol.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
I'm just stating my opinion on the char I've played in every mortal kombat. Yes he was massively overpowerd at 1 point. But the last patch was to extreme sorry if I offended you.
its not offensive, its just a very strange statement.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
If that was the case then i should have dropped Ermac cause he hasnt received anything but nerfs since the game came out. Instead of wanting buffs all the time just start searching you character deeper. KL is fine the way he is. Not anything personal with you ztriderz but i m really tired of hearing " buff this and buff that" all the time.

ZtrideRz

Noob
Love your Sig haha! Chars with good hitbox range also cause him major problem for his d4 to extend his offense. I could have put up with the low hat time. The lowering of dmg on his mid screen best combo was just abit to far imo.

Kung lao's still one of the best in the game. Amazing mobility, 6f combo starter that's also one of the best anti-airs in the game, beastly meter building, one of the best xrays in the game that works virtually the same as his spin and untechable knock down on 24 grab. So what if his damage was nerfed from day 1? His combos do the same damage as 1.03 when he was considered one of the best. The opinion of him having tough to execute combos shouldn't even be a matter of discussion.

ZtrideRz

Noob
"And lets be honest, Kung Lao is not high execution character." Cyrax us not either yet I can execute combos upto 59 damage without breaking a sweet using 1 bar off meter. Cyrax has the only unblockable projectile in the game a great anti air a decent projectile punisher a safe string with his bomb on block.. command grab.. teleport... Excellent mix UPS... And is also great at building meter. Kung Lao is useless against a pro cyrax player. If they can nerf Lao to extremes like they have they need to go to town on cyrax. And Cyber sub.

ZtrideRz

Noob
I know about used for glued hatred for kung lao and love for cyrax. But you have got to admit there is a massive gap in class between those two chars now?

I love kung lao anyway and he will always be my main regardless off him not being a top5 char now.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I know about used for glued hatred for kung lao and love for cyrax. But you have got to admit there is a massive gap in class between those two chars now?
Huh? ''I know about used for glued hatred for kung lao and love for cyrax''

I am sorry, you clearly don't know shit about me or what you are talking about. If you did your research (which you didn't) before you made that idiotic comment, and searched the forums of Cyrax, you will find multiple posts in which I am 100% against cyrax's bullshit, and NOT ONCE did I say Cyrax was a ''high execution'' character, so before you get even further out of your depth in this conversation, go have a look for those quotes.

Secondly ''If they can nerf KL's teleport then they should go to town on Cyrax. AND CYBER SUB'',If you think CSZ needs nerfed, then you don't have a clue what you are talking about, you obviously don't know how to use D1, D4, D3 and simply punish a dive kick.

Yes, There is a massive gap between Cyrax and KL if you mash down random Dive kicks, and only try to get in with Teleports, and insist on using 24 Low hat, then yes, hes shite. No Argument there, but thats your fault, not the character.