What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Kitana can get 50% off of a combo using 3 KBs in fearless (not optimal at all but an example):
D2 KB. JI3 -bf3 KB - f2 df2 KB

something I’m noticing is that it’s really difficult to connect fun stuff after her KB on f234, and I see me only playing highborn now smh

edit:
I have more fun playing this new variation right now, but I am afraid highborn is just going to overshadow her other two variations.

Last edited:

Elias6999

Mournful Master
So when you’re on the right side, razors only connects two hits after B231? Damn, I was hoping they would change it to make both sides 3 hits the way the right side was before lol

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Fearless got really strong zoning imo.
Fan nado is actually godlike imo, trades for daaaaus and fullscreen frame traps, she can actually deal chip damage to her oponents and force tham to move around.

Her mix up is fuzzyable so meh but she doesn't even need that lol.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Fearless got really strong zoning imo.
Fan nado is actually godlike imo, trades for daaaaus and fullscreen frame traps, she can actually deal chip damage to her oponents and force tham to move around.

Her mix up is fuzzyable so meh but she doesn't even need that lol.
Honestly, the best part of the "mix" is being able to D4 into a safe special via AMP low fan

M2Dave

Zoning Master
mmhmm, but they have to know it's coming.
No, because they can simply low poke and punish the low fan toss while interrupting the follow up. I am not certain of the precise gap in terms of frames, but I think it is 8 frames. I have to test later.

Yeah the first days nobody wil blow it up but good players will FB the mb part and punish
I agree. The risk versus reward ratio will unlikely be favorable to Kitana in the long run.

The low fan toss seems like a great projectile, but zoning is limited in this game unless accompanied by strong offense. NRS keeps giving out teleports like candy. Would anyone be surprised if Terminator received one too?

Highborn has zoning, anti-zoning, pressure, chip damage, etc. and remains the best variation, particularly with the universal buffs that she received.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I’m labbing at the minute, and you can JUST convert off of an AA ground fan but it’s tight.

The pop up and recovery on the new KB is WEIRD, I can’t get anything to connect after it!
The only thing I can get off of it is f2 2 2. Timing is hella weird

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Wait so are yall using Fan-Nado like ghetto ice ball? I don't really get how to use the move outside of b14/2 combos

gitblame

Noob
Yeah. 12, B13 and B231 you can hit confirm into ex low fan or regular fan for +10 restand. It's definetly not a damage variation. Fan-nando works fine if you get yourself on combortable distance as really threating zoning tool. If you look for damage checkout fan-fare.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Yeah. 12, B13 and B231 you can hit confirm into ex low fan or regular fan for +10 restand. It's definetly not a damage variation. Fan-nando works fine if you get yourself on combortable distance as really threating zoning tool. If you look for damage checkout fan-fare.
Not sure what variation I'm gonna use yet i just didn't really get the move at all. Thanks

gitblame

Noob
Anyone has any good Kitana Fan-Fare combos? Personally I haven't really found anything that major.

Midscreen meterless routes after 12, B14 and B231 stayed the same - obviously.
Midscreen 1 bar kombos without KB still remained the same or I just cannot find anything better with ex air fan. Any combo I tried was worse thany:
starter -> lift -> J2 -> J2 -> B14 -> ex ass

The only thing I found is that we can do 1 bar KB combos with ex air fan to squeeze a little more damage than previously.
starter -> lift -> J3 -> ex air fan -> dash -> F234 cancel before last hit -> DF2

In corner her ex air fan really is only good for jump kick combos when we don't want to use KB and we want to spend 2 bars. We can do like 360
J3 -> ex air fan -> 32 -> lift -> J3 -> B231-> ex ass

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I haven't experimented enough with the changes to Fan-Fare because I think I am going to end up using Fearless but when I get some time I will report back.

It sounds like the EX fan doesn't really add to her existing combos but will be good for anti-airs or jump in kicks.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
No they don’t lol they can literally block the low fan and punish before the amp even comes out
Can we get a video of you doing this consistently? The timing seems strict even with a 6 frame low poke, let alone the 7 frame pokes most characters have.

can someone help me understand what this means from the patch notes. Cuz I keep trying to cancel my jk fans into twist but nothing happens.

“• (Air) Fan Toss and (Air) Downward Fan Toss on hit can now be cancelled into Edenian Twist & Square Wave as she lands”

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Two things:

A) Edenian Twist needs to do way more damage, or be way more safe. 7% damage is not worth a full combo on block.

B) The CB requirement for Edenian Twist is also satisfied if you land your Fatal Blow during the match then land an Edenian Twist later in the same round.

kevkopdx

Noob
can someone help me understand what this means from the patch notes. Cuz I keep trying to cancel my jk fans into twist but nothing happens.

“• (Air) Fan Toss and (Air) Downward Fan Toss on hit can now be cancelled into Edenian Twist & Square Wave as she lands”
It’s hard to do ...I can’t get it consistently and I think you need proper spacing, but her landing cancels into square wave and can combo

Last edited:

gitblame

Noob

Some more stuff I found for Kitana in fan-fare with her air amplified fan special. It turns out you can make your anti air combo slightly better (like 0,7 %) so as D2 KB combo.

Really hard to tell if Fan-fare is now good with those changes but for sure she seems more fun to play.
Highborn still seems the way to go though. I think Highborn now is top tier character and any of Kitana core issues can be covered by her variation moves.