What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Feels like fan fare is great for damage conversion but still lacks enough offensive power to force the mistakes in the first place.

Highborn got even better across the board and should shine soon. But the 50% increase in match ups is hard to say for sure. Still she has the basic gameplay still.

Fearless feels like a harder leaned fan fare with a bit more full screen pressure to create mistakes in neutral.

Current question is for that type of play what are pros and cons between fanfare and fearless at the moment?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Feels like fan fare is great for damage conversion but still lacks enough offensive power to force the mistakes in the first place.

Highborn got even better across the board and should shine soon. But the 50% increase in match ups is hard to say for sure. Still she has the basic gameplay still.

Fearless feels like a harder leaned fan fare with a bit more full screen pressure to create mistakes in neutral.

Current question is for that type of play what are pros and cons between fanfare and fearless at the moment?
Welcme back <3

And they made highborne even better. ^^

Yeah I have to plug my PS4 back up to lab v3s and Terminator.

Yeah I see, the fan changes give her a few extra neutral tricks and a way to expend meter now.

DarksydeDash

Fearless is.. Gimmicky and too similar to fanfare. Where she shines is fullscreen. Because she can really chip away at your health now

I suppose I am a fan of forcing action so it may suit me better as a damage conversion kitana. Is it easy to convert damage with fearless? I haven't had time with her yet.

DarksydeDash

I suppose I am a fan of forcing action so it may suit me better as a damage conversion kitana. Is it easy to convert damage with fearless? I haven't had time with her yet.
Yeah, while the lift doesnt go fullscreen, it lets you win trades like crazy via sub zero iceball. The most damage you can get is about 20% off a trade but most of the time your opponent will spend meter and Break away giving you the oki.

My fannado trade combo is:
Dash up, j2, j1xx amp air fan, dash up, b14 low fan toss/ fannado for a +8 oki setup

DarksydeDash

Yeah, while the lift doesnt go fullscreen, it lets you win trades like crazy via sub zero iceball. The most damage you can get is about 20% off a trade but most of the time your opponent will spend meter and Break away giving you the oki.

My fannado trade combo is:
Dash up, j2, j1xx amp air fan, dash up, b14 low fan toss/ fannado for a +8 oki setup

You can end in f2222 but doing so is likely to drop and if you whiff this string you will die.

Just passing some info along. The highborn razors still have variance, and they chose certain reactions depending on strings. Essentially, you still have to learn the different outcomes across the cast still, but it is much less punishing than before so should close the skill cap using it. The ultra consistent +1 is gone so far (scorpion dummy). I'll keep testing, but it should make it feel a lot more playable for lower execution now.

gitblame

Noob
I think we missed one nice buff for Fan-fare Kitana. I heard it yesterday on Kombat's stream.
From patch notes
· Kitana - (Air) Fan Flutter recovery adjusted

Apparantely thanks to that can now do double jump into strings and everything will jail. Before when we did something like this J2 float J2 into string like B231 - whole sequence was interruptable. Now they have to hold it.

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
Did corner combos damage increased significantly for Fan-Fare? Any good new corner BNB's?
Because I only tested midscreen and it's only 1-1,5% bigger than it was before with more strict execution in some cases.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
I really don't know what variation to use.

I do love Highborns safe razors and teleport but she has no combos midscreen and string/razors gets kind of repetitive.

I like Fan-Fare's flare and style but i feel like it can't force mistakes like the other variations can. Ground ass is good for conversions too.

Fearless has the gimmicky high/low game that i honestly like and better conversions than highborn but I'm not a fan of Fan-nado right now. This is however the variation im leaning towards though.

Has anybody been able to get air fan into square wave to work? I have not been able to do it and have not seen proof of anybody doing it.

I really don't know what variation to use.

I do love Highborns safe razors and teleport but she has no combos midscreen and string/razors gets kind of repetitive.

I like Fan-Fare's flare and style but i feel like it can't force mistakes like the other variations can. Ground ass is good for conversions too.

Fearless has the gimmicky high/low game that i honestly like and better conversions than highborn but I'm not a fan of Fan-nado right now. This is however the variation im leaning towards though.
Highborn has combos. B14 razor blade, that's 200 meterless unbreakable damage lol. The everyone must hold your next string, which is still B14 razor blade for big chip damage. Think about it, that's wayyyyyyyyy better than Cassie Yaas Queen damage from 1 meter

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
Has anybody been able to get air fan into square wave to work? I have not been able to do it and have not seen proof of anybody doing it.
Yes, I've been able to do it. Square Wave starts only after she lands on the ground.
You can try jump kick, throw a fan and then input Square Wave right after that before she lands on the ground. She will perform it immediately after landing.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Im having issues executing her air fan toss combos after Ji2. The Ji1 into it is much easier but I want maximum damage. I notice when I do get it, you gotta input DF1 inbetween the gap of Ji2 and toss ex. Also has anyone done Ji2 twice into toss after fan lift?

I just realized that you have to have ground war on for it to work. Is that right?

Yes, I've been able to do it. Square Wave starts only after she lands on the ground.
You can try jump kick, throw a fan and then input Square Wave right after that before she lands on the ground. She will perform it immediately after landing.

After the patch the corner combo above become too difficult to execute.

B231 + db2, j3, b14 + df1, 12 + BF3.

Between b14 + df1 and 12 + bf3 the timing become too restrict.

gitblame

Noob
After the patch the corner combo above become too difficult to execute.

B231 + db2, j3, b14 + df1, 12 + BF3.

Between b14 + df1 and 12 + bf3 the timing become too restrict.
Yeah. I realized that too. I have 2 solutions on that so far.
The first one is change kombo route.
B231 + db2 + J3 (really deep) + S4 + DF1 + 12 + BF3 amp.
I feel like this one has more control. If you do Jump 3 correctly, S4 into fan would hit so high that you will have plenty of time to hit 12. Also this one has slighlt better damage.

The second one is cut damage a little do air fan amplified combo. Like this
B231 + Db2 + J3 + air fan amp. + B231 + BF3

It does a little less damage than previous combo (like 0,7 %), but it's way easier to execute. Also regular BF3 has 3 more frames of knockdown advantage than amplified version.

I've been messing around a lot lately with fan-fare combos.
If we do manage to hit J2 in the corner, we can get some juicy damage thanks to air fan lift from jump kick.

Also I realized like yesterday that we can do better midscreen meterless KB combos thanks to F234 being special cancelalbe now.

B231 / B14 + DB2 + J3 + dash + F234 canel + DF2 KB.

Damage is almost the same as if we spent a bar for air amplified fan.