What's new

Kitana General Discussion

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Some of the new variations for other characters body fanfare and fearless even more.

Kano's Ratbag lazer beam is just as good as Sonya's rings if not better. if you trade once he gets a 24% KB and its game over.

Also air kano ball hot fixed so we can't crouch block and let it whiff on us so there goes that muscle memory of the MU.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Some of the new variations for other characters body fanfare and fearless even more.

Kano's Ratbag lazer beam is just as good as Sonya's rings if not better. if you trade once he gets a 24% KB and its game over.

Also air kano ball hot fixed so we can't crouch block and let it whiff on us so there goes that muscle memory of the MU.
It’s still punishable on block tho so it doesn’t really matter

DarksydeDash

dangit..

Since they lowered the hitbox on fan toss, the opponent gets to jump them for free now.

Also is it me or is our d3 anti air worse after the patch? Kit doesn't turn around fast enough or it just gets beat. Like.. We're really lacking a good anti air now :\

Parasurama

Dragon
dangit..

Since they lowered the hitbox on fan toss, the opponent gets to jump them for free now.

Also is it me or is our d3 anti air worse after the patch? Kit doesn't turn around fast enough or it just gets beat. Like.. We're really lacking a good anti air now :\
Oh so it was better before the patch? I am new to Kitana and people jump in on me and when I jump in 2 I get anti Aired by random buttons and strings

Hey all,

The patch dropped on PC yesterday, and I'm hoping to spend more time with the game next week.

So I don't need to read through pages of posts in this thread, can anyone be kind enough to summarize what the general changes have done for the Princess?

I briefly toyed around in training last night, with FanFare, and tried a simple B2, 3, 1, Lift, Jump Kick, Air Fan Amplified, but after that, I found connecting to continue very inconsistent. Sometimes a simple 2,2,2,2 would connect, sometimes not. Sometimes a B1,4 would connect, sometimes not. How is the new Amplified Air Fan generally supposed to be used?

Thanks!

DarksydeDash

Hey all,

The patch dropped on PC yesterday, and I'm hoping to spend more time with the game next week.

So I don't need to read through pages of posts in this thread, can anyone be kind enough to summarize what the general changes have done for the Princess?

I briefly toyed around in training last night, with FanFare, and tried a simple B2, 3, 1, Lift, Jump Kick, Air Fan Amplified, but after that, I found connecting to continue very inconsistent. Sometimes a simple 2,2,2,2 would connect, sometimes not. Sometimes a B1,4 would connect, sometimes not. How is the new Amplified Air Fan generally supposed to be used?

Thanks!
F234 has a KB
You can now AMP Air fans for converts
Third variation added with some frame data changes
Fanfare can cancel ground recovery into ass
HIghborne Razors made consistent on both sides and can now convert off air fans
More hit adv. on air fans to allow converts easily
More HIt advantage on Highborne AMP teleport
F234 first two hits now special cancelable.

Bigzo

Noob
I’m having issues linking back 2 after J2, flutter, J2. Sometimes her standing kick comes out. Can anyone help? Been plaguing me for months.

F234 has a KB
You can now AMP Air fans for converts
Third variation added with some frame data changes
Fanfare can cancel ground recovery into ass
HIghborne Razors made consistent on both sides and can now convert off air fans
More hit adv. on air fans to allow converts easily
More HIt advantage on Highborne AMP teleport
F234 first two hits now special cancelable.
Thanks. Can you elaborate more on the use of Amplified Air Fan? As I mentioned above, in the little tinkering I've done, I've found it inconsistent to follow up off of.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Thanks. Can you elaborate more on the use of Amplified Air Fan? As I mentioned above, in the little tinkering I've done, I've found it inconsistent to follow up off of.
I personally never use it unless it’s air to air, if it’s combo I just go for a little less damage usually because it can be hard to convert online. Unless you land a jump in kick or you’re in the corner you don’t need to be too concerned with hitting it. If you want flashy combos you have to follow up with something that’s either advancing or jumping in

Hmmm... interesting. When I saw it announced, I thought it was going to permit more "traditional" style Kitana combos from previous games, simply at the cost of a bar. Perhaps I was mistaken.

So Highborn, outside of the greater consistency with Edenian Razors, how has the Variation been affected by the patch?

xKhaoTik

Hmmm... interesting. When I saw it announced, I thought it was going to permit more "traditional" style Kitana combos from previous games, simply at the cost of a bar. Perhaps I was mistaken.

So Highborn, outside of the greater consistency with Edenian Razors, how has the Variation been affected by the patch?
It’s way better

kevkopdx

Noob
I really wish fan-nado wasn’t interruptible ...you can’t net a whole lot of damage from the move on hit, it’s super slow, it really should stay if you just get it out

gitblame

Noob
If I had to choose her biggest buff since patch it's definetly F234 string being cancelable. For Fan-fare it helps with combos. But in Highborn it became a real treat. Having another 15f mid to cancel into razors or stance cancel is huge. Also thatnks to F234 ending with an overhead that KB you can be sure they will block F234 cancel into razors standing so you can easily consistently be +1 all the time. Now when I hit someone with razors to restand them I ususally go for F234 into another razors for guaranteed chip damage and plus frames.

If I had to choose her biggest buff since patch it's definetly F234 string being cancelable. For Fan-fare it helps with combos. But in Highborn it became a real treat. Having another 15f mid to cancel into razors or stance cancel is huge. Also thatnks to F234 ending with an overhead that KB you can be sure they will block F234 cancel into razors standing so you can easily consistently be +1 all the time. Now when I hit someone with razors to restand them I ususally go for F234 into another razors for guaranteed chip damage and plus frames.
Ah, I see. So in brief, her game plan is still to cancel into either Edenian Razors or Hybrid Stance Cancels, it's simply that she now has additional options, and greater threat in the additional Krushing Blow, to do so. Do I have that correct?

xKhaoTik

That's absolutely fantastic to hear. In what sense; what can it do now that it couldn't before?
F23 combos into tele
Amp tele is more plus on hit now, and extremely plus on hit if you amp it again
You can combo after tele if you hit them in the air thanks to amp fan cancel
Full screen amp air fan combos into tele
She now has a 15f special cancellable starter

M2Dave

Zoning Master
F23 combos into tele
Amp tele is more plus on hit now, and extremely plus on hit if you amp it again
You can combo after tele if you hit them in the air thanks to amp fan cancel
Full screen amp air fan combos into tele
She now has a 15f special cancellable starter
I would also like to add that the universal buff to amplified fan toss is also massive and results in vast improvements to footsies and zoning. Opponents can no longer simply neutral crouch and ignore Kitana's main projectile.

Because of the altered flawless block mechanics, opponents who flawless block the last hit of either b+2,3,1,u+2 or f+2,3,4 are punished by razors, which allows you to fish for more krushing blows.

Given how effective Kitana's jump and jumping kick are, jumping kick xx amplified aerial fan toss combos ought to be another factor.

I think Highborn is top tier now. The two other variation are arguably average.

Again, very good to read, and thanks for taking the time to explain all.

@xKhaoTik So when you Amplify Teleport Kick now, the fan she throws out, you can amplify that as well and land faster, or am I misunderstanding? Basically, how I read your second point, you can further Amplify an already amplified move?

DarksydeDash

Well im sure no one disagreed that if Highborne got buffs, it could be S tier status.

Now I fully believe she's top 10 with that variation alone.