What's new

Kitana General Discussion

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
If you catch someone in the air with her teleport, you can now get a combo from it since you can amplify the air fan

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
It’s worth amplifying the teleport on hit since since you can be up to +13. Amplify it again and you can be up to +29

armani

Noob
woaaah kitana is definitely top 10 now. definitely. highborn is R I D I C U L O U S

edit: I take what I said. lmao

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
woaaah kitana is definitely top 10 now. definitely. highborn is R I D I C U L O U S
Let's not be too hasty now. We need to see the new Kitana in action and, just as importantly, options against her new self in action to see if her changes made her "R I D I C U L O U S" tier. Frame data is nice to look at in a vacuum, but it's the actual application of it that matters.

armani

Noob
Let's not be too hasty now. We need to see the new Kitana in action and, just as importantly, options against her new self in action to see if her changes made her "R I D I C U L O U S" tier. Frame data is nice to look at in a vacuum, but it's the actual application of it that matters.
ok. lol

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Yup.
B231 razors only has 2 razors hit midscreen now regardless of side but it’s worth it since:
No more backdashing it
12 razors is a punish regardless of side
Razors in the corner now juggles the same regardless of side
OH. OOOHHHH MY GOD, HIGHBORNE. MAY ACTUALLY BE INSANE NOW DUDE

armani

Noob
in highborn: f243 db4~3 combos mid screen

in fearless she can get fan-nado after standing 2

j3 2 nado j3 b14 fan d3 low fan amp gets you 32% in the corner

I am on PC, so I can't really put my hands on Kitana after the buffs, but hopefully she is better.

Anyway, I was so excited for her new variation, but after seeing some footage... :( I just want a viable variation that actually plays like Kitana, come on NRS

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Christmas came early yall

· Kitana - Added the Kompetitive Mode preset "Fearless" which has the following Abilities - Fan-Nado (1), Low Fan Toss (1), and Edenian Twist (1)

· Kitana - Blade Jab (Front Punch) has a slightly increased hit region

· Kitana - The middle hit of Follow The Leader (Towards + Back Punch, Front Kick, Back Kick) can now be special cancelled, has more hit advantage, and 5 less frames of blockstun

· Kitana - The last hit of Follow The Leader (Towards + Back Punch, Front Kick, Back Kick) starts up 2 frames faster and can now cause a Krushing Blow

· Kitana - Spinning Heel (Back Kick) had its hit region adjusted, cancel occurs 2 frames earlier, and has 1 more frame of recovery

· Kitana - (Air) Fan Flutter recovery adjusted

· Kitana - (Air) Advancing Fan Flutter recovery adjusted

· Kitana - Fan Toss attacks that hit airborne opponents have slightly increased hit advantage

· Kitana - The 2nd fan collision of Fan Toss Amplified now hits mid

· Kitana - (Air) Fan Toss had its hit region slightly adjusted

· Kitana - (Air) Downward Fan Toss recovers 3 frames faster

· Kitana - (Air) Fan Toss and (Air) Downward Fan Toss can now be Amplified

· Kitana - (Air) Fan Toss and (Air) Downward Fan Toss on hit can now be cancelled into Edenian Twist & Square Wave as she lands

· Kitana - Low Fan Toss now does a different reaction when hitting airborne opponents

· Kitana - Low Fan Toss Amplified does 2% more damage, can now be directed close or far, starts up in 17 frames (was 20), has 1 more active frame, and has 15 more frames of blockstun with greatly increased pushback

· Kitana - Edenian Twist had its hit region adjusted and does a different reaction on first hit against airborne opponents

· Kitana - Edenian Razors will now change rotation based on the direction Kitana is facing which should result in more consistent behavior from both sides

· Kitana - Wakeup Attack / Flawless Block Attack (Up + Front Kick) had its hit region slightly adjusted and travels less distance

· Kitana - Fixed an issue with Edenian Razors appearing multiple times in the practice mode reversal AI options

· Kitana - Fixed issues with Fan Lift and Fan-Nado visual effects not disappearing properly after it is destroyed, parried, or reflected