What's new

Kitana General Discussion

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Seems like "Fearless" Kitana is going to be more about her KBs for damage. She now has a very good zoning game with low fan, but now she has several 50/50s in B231d2/low fan which can be fuzzied but if they do, then they get opened up for the throw. F234 being able to be special canceled is huge because it might let us combo into Fan-Nado. Also, highborne Kitana get's a very good mixup with stance cancels, and razors from it. Example: F23, stance cancel, B34 in the corner is fairly legit and again, if they "can" react, then you open them up to throws and short hop mix.

Fanfare basically just got a massive damage increase with AMP Air fan but let's be honest, it's what we wanted.

Lastly, I want to remind everyone that the 2nd hit of F23 has massive range so IF we can get a convert off of it, that's pretty huge in the footsie game.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Yeah i think I'll be rocking fearless strictly for low fan. I am curious to work with Fade, which i like but would be really bad without changes.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Seems Arqwart is coming home to roost. The Blue Queen is BACK!

All played up enthusiasm aside, I'm honestly more excited about her third variation than the air fan combo change. If she had gotten the air fan amp only with no new variation, I still wouldn't bother. Fearless actually looks fun as fun unlike the other two.

Hey all, is the new patch and balance changes out now on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One? If so, hopefully they'll drop on PC next week, as there's nothing yet.

gitblame

Noob
More than 3rd variation, I am more exicted about universal changes - like F234 being special cancelalble and ex air fan for extending combos. Both Highborn and Fan-fare would benefit it really well. Highborn especially. Having another string to cancel or hit confirm into razors is really good. Especially if it is 15f mid with decent range.

I am not really digging the new variation tho. Zoning in Highborn would still be superior. If fan-nando won't connect on any other string than B14 - which is how it behaves now - combo potential will be limited compared to fan-fare. Also those 50/50 with low fan on B231D2 or F234 won't be real for sure. The only potential I see is that thanks to low fan, B231 alone would be a better stagger. But for staggers I have Highborn.

But I will remain positive. For sure Fan-fare and Highborn will be stronger. There will be actual reason to play both variation unlike now, where only Highborn seems useful. I am seeing myself playing all variations of Kitana for different matchups if 3rd variation end up being good. Can't wait.

Also I am really hoping they will address B231 whiffing when first hit connects on someone who just jumped. Also for 3rd variation. If KB requirement for Edenian Twist will stay - Now it will activate if move hits while fatal blow is on cooldown - we could have the most stupid kb requirement ever XD

Last edited:

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Seems like "Fearless" Kitana is going to be more about her KBs for damage. She now has a very good zoning game with low fan, but now she has several 50/50s in B231d2/low fan which can be fuzzied but if they do, then they get opened up for the throw. F234 being able to be special canceled is huge because it might let us combo into Fan-Nado. Also, highborne Kitana get's a very good mixup with stance cancels, and razors from it. Example: F23, stance cancel, B34 in the corner is fairly legit and again, if they "can" react, then you open them up to throws and short hop mix.

Fanfare basically just got a massive damage increase with AMP Air fan but let's be honest, it's what we wanted.

Lastly, I want to remind everyone that the 2nd hit of F23 has massive range so IF we can get a convert off of it, that's pretty huge in the footsie game.
On point! , also a friend of mine told me that her F2 is now 13 frames instead of 15. Could be wrong though, so take it with a grain of salt.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
So I was messing around with low fan and unless it got a buff during the patch, we might be in trouble

Currently, amp low fan doesn’t connect after any of her strings accept b14. It completely whiffs. This poses a problem because low fan is only +2 on hit and amp low fan on recovery is over 30f. It won’t be our turn during situations like that on hit

This also goes with the problem of fan nado not connecting after any string except b14. So let’s say we land b231 or we go for our quick 12 punish, not only will we not launch, but we won’t be able to knock down with amp low fan, leaving us with lame damage and only a +2 advantage on hit

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Unless I’m missing something she gets very basic damage off her uppercut crushing blow as well, I can’t get that slow ass tornado to connect on anything.

Here’s hoping adjustments are made, but I highly doubt they will be. At least the other two variations are getting buffed with the air fan conversions.

Though... I’m still not sold on how useful that will ultimately end up being. She’s not Kabal who can catch someone in the air then dash for a full combo. I spend a bar to land quick and do what? Throw another fan? lol I don’t know.

DarkSado

Noob
I think Amp fan toss will be good catching people from jumping since you can probably dash and 1,2 or b134 in launcher (Fan-Fare) also converting from F23 into lift will be huge.

Her fan nado got sped up and now it's full screen, it seems. They still need to fix a lot of her shyt so it's hard to get excited for the little charity they gave... Her D2 needs better range, B3 needs better range. Some of her abilities need to be reworked to be useful at all, because as it stands they are weak sauce... Advance/retreat flutter needs DF2 for advancing, but more importantly it needs to be useful in a match, especially since it takes two slots. Would be better if advancing were an actual attack instead of maneuver. Edenian fade is complete bs. A shame it's her only teleport and it gets mopped by others. A player choice directional teleport would have benefitted her better than what we have now. Dancing fans are pointless, and it's obvious they're there just because it looks cool(like many of her abilities). Royal protection is decent, but pointless because she still gets out zoned by many other characters. It should be hold for duration like bounce back or simple be the new sharpen... I know, I know I'm going on a tangent, I don't give a fuck; kitana is queen.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Any B1 or B2 changes??
I don’t believe so. She does have an option to do her enhanced low fan at a closer distance (similar to razors) so it’ll connect to more shit now, AND it’s only -3 on block, so we can slip in a safe low whenever we feel like it lol

Fans are +9 on hit now instead of -3, and air fans are plus on hit as well.

I’m really feeling these fan changes lol

dph1990

Noob
I don’t believe so. She does have an option to do her enhanced low fan at a closer distance (similar to razors) so it’ll connect to more shit now, AND it’s only -3 on block, so we can slip in a safe low whenever we feel like it lol

Fans are +9 on hit now instead of -3, and air fans are plus on hit as well.

I’m really feeling these fan changes lol
Does that mean her fan combos off of ground fan are back?!

dph1990

Noob
I don’t believe so. If they’re airborne you still have to deal with the recovery.
I’m labbing at the minute, and you can JUST convert off of an AA ground fan but it’s tight.

The pop up and recovery on the new KB is WEIRD, I can’t get anything to connect after it!

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
JK fan cancel is plus on block lol
Air fan cancel full screen combos into ground fan
JK fan cancel leads into 328 midscreen (b14 lift, j2, b14 ass)
Nothing combos into fan nado still except b14 (b231 combos into it in the corner)
Low fan juggles
Razors are the same regardless of side
Amp ground fans are a mid
Ground fans are +9 on hit. Very easy to convert from it as an AA now.
Amp low fan is now safe on block. Must be flawless blocked for be unsafe. Has a gap
Nothing changed with Edenian twist and it still has the stupid FB requirement
f23 isn’t a string of its own. You have to dial it out