What's new

Kitana General Discussion

armani

Noob
Tomorrow.. has the chance to be amazing.

Do you believe in miracles?
if they include up fan I’ll be a happy man. I was trying to tell y’all about upfan, ground war, and edenian twist (guess I didn't make enough noise about it lol) but if they make that the third variation I’ll be even happier

I truly believe that ground war should be part of her base kit as it stands anyways, it would make a slot open for fan fare and it would make highborn even more deadly.

overall I hope they come through with some lit changes cause she needs them. especially for fan fare.

Last edited:

dph1990

Noob
I'm calling it now: the third variation will be
  • Upward Fan Toss
  • Dancing Fans (whatever that weird fan toss replacement is that hits mid)
  • Piercing Fan
And it's going to be called something silly like Fan-atic
I’m drinking heavily in anticipation to exactly something like this.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Oh my god these Kitana buffs boy

WOW no upward toss love that for us

Third variation is called "Fearless"
  1. Low Fan Toss
  2. Fan Nado
  3. Edenian Twist
I--

The buffs they made are cool, she has a new KB on her overhead string and a amplified air fan toss that allows fan combos which directly buffs the hell out of Highborn. It does not seem like ground war is part of base still.

armani

Noob
YOOOOOOO THE BUFFS!!!!!!!!

OMG

IM EXCITED ASF

edit:

for aesthetic purposes I'm glad that edenian twist is a thing.
jumping kicks are already deadly and the fact that kitana gets a combo off of it - is fucking op af
the way the pop-up looks after f243 is so beautiful

I want the patch now XD

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Oh, and btw..

Universal Buffs:
  • Increased damage (Main bnb off fastest starter currently does 22-24%, should do 26-28%)
  • The third hit of 3212 can now be special cancelled
  • Amping Fan Toss now hits High Mid (changed from high high)
  • B34 no longer knocks the opponent away and allows a meterless followup
  • Kitana can now AMP Fan Toss in the air to immediately return to the ground
  • Fatal Blow Damage increased from 31% to 34%
  • Fatal Blow Damage scaling reduced
  • F234 can now be special cancelled on the 2nd hit.
  • B23 added as a new string
YOU ARE ALL WELCOME, AND I WANT AN APOLOGY

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Im wondering if we can do a J3 air fan amp, into b14 fan toss, and be able to get a 12 quick execution.

Im also wondering how high of damage highborne will get off a sai stab KB now.
Because since we a jump in, we can now spend a bar for an air fan extension right?

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Oh, and btw..

YOU ARE ALL WELCOME, AND I WANT AN APOLOGY
This is honestly a really clever way of giving Kitana her fan combos back without having to overthink it. It always seemed SO out of place that Kabal can amp his air projectiles to drop down. Always felt like more of a Kitana style thing.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
So... one thing I’m mildly concerned about:

I have to wonder if they’ll change up the frames on the lift in her third variation. As it stands, it doesn’t combo from her 12 (for her 8 frame punish) or from her b231.

Now, it does combo from her b14, so there’s that, but that’s a lot of damage to give up when it comes to flawless block conversions off of 12, quick punishes, punishes outside of b1 range, etc.

I’m hoping it’ll be able to combo from her new f23 cancel, but only time will tell.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
So... one thing I’m mildly concerned about:

I have to wonder if they’ll change up the frames on the lift in her third variation. As it stands, it doesn’t combo from her 12 (for her 8 frame punish) or from her b231.

Now, it does combo from her b14, so there’s that, but that’s a lot of damage to give up when it comes to flawless block conversions off of 12, quick punishes, punishes outside of b1 range, etc.

I’m hoping it’ll be able to combo from her new f23 cancel, but only time will tell.
Yeah I'm noticing that. I kind of doubt they will improve it. Otherwise it's too much like her having a long range version of lift. Lift needs to do something the nado doesn't. Not being able to do it off of b231 would be a hard thing to adjust to. Seems like you would be actually trying to compete more as a zoner over all, which fan fare isn't particularly good at.

Lift doesn't catch airborne foes. Not sure off hand what that means. (a little damage off of the d2KB I was doing at least. I'm guessing Fan Fare is going to still be her high damage variation)

The twist probably will help deal with some projectile stuff she couldn't do much about. The whole thing is interesting to play with, but we are missing pieces. I'm probably too stubborn and stuck to switch it up even if it turns into her best.

Last edited: