What's new

Kitana General Discussion

VELL1

Noob
The more I try Upfan the less benefits I see in it..

It's pretty much only good in the corner, everything else is just garbage. It doesn't connect after any of our most usable strings, so what are you going to do with it? It's somewhat of a combo extender, but barely by much and if you don't have a groundwar, then you are going to be losing bulk of the damage anyways.

Honestly, I think the best variation is going the stance + ground war or forward Flutter + ground war.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium

It's pretty much only good in the corner, everything else is just garbage. It doesn't connect after any of our most usable strings, so what are you going to do with it? It's somewhat of a combo extender, but barely by much and if you don't have a groundwar, then you are going to be losing bulk of the damage anyways.

Honestly, I think the best variation is going the stance + ground war or forward Flutter + ground war.
I.. what? You... you just hit confirm into Lift at midscreen then use Up Fan during the post-Lift juggle to add an entire set of damage. Are you trying to do the standing shit outside the corner?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

You’re not really supposed to use it in strings midscreen unless you know you’re going to hit with b2 (a punish for example). Even then, once you land that, you’re going to get great unbreakable damage.
Besides that tho, you’re supposed to be zoning with it. She can have 2 of them out at the same time. That’s how fast she recovers and how active it is. It dominates the air very well and keeps your opponent on the ground since they fear the fan. This is EXACTLY how Kitana is supposed to feel and the upfan forces that fear.
You can covert into any combo anywhere on the screen if you catch them in the air with it
You can finally extend your combos since it’s a great juggle
You’ve already mentioned the corner so I don’t need to discuss that

I’m not sure what you’re not seeing with how powerful the up fan is. There’s a reason why all of us were begging for it, especially when 3rd variations were mentioned. It’s really good man

recently getting back to playing this game. what are kitanas current BnBs?

im stilling using combos from when the game first released.

anything else interesting happening with katana lately?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

It makes a decent difference to her combo damage midscreen. Between 2-4%.

As an example I’ve chosen s1 to illustrate:

No extra gear
12~fb2, ji2, ji2, b142 (242.55)
12~db2, ji2, ji2, b14~df2 (265.12)
12~db2, ji2, dash, 32~df2(KB) (353.47)

Squarewave equipped
12~db2, ji2, ji2, b14~bf3 (256.09)
12~db2, ji2, ji2, b14~bf3(ex) (281.82)

Up Fan alone
12~db2, ji2, dash, b14~db1, dash, b142(279.65)
12~db2, ji2, dash, 32~db1, dash, 12~df2(285.17)
12~db2, ji2, dash, 32~db1, dash, 12~df2(KB) (372.75)
1~db1(ex), dash, 12~db2, dash, b14~db1, dash, b142 (317.40)
1~db1(ex), dash, 12~db2, ji2, dash, 32~db1, dash, 12~df2(321.19)
1~db1(ex), dash, 12~db2, ji2, dash, 32~db1, dash, 12~df2(KB) (381.30)

Squarewave and Up fan
12~db2, ji2, dash, b14~db1, dash, b14~bf3 (291.88)
12~db2, ji2, dash, b14~db1, dash, b14~bf3(ex)(315.10)
1~db1(ex), dash, 12~db2, ji2, dash, b14~db1, dash, b14~bf3 (325.79)

VELL1

Noob
It makes a decent difference to her combo damage midscreen. Between 2-4%.

As an example I’ve chosen s1 to illustrate:

No extra gear
12~fb2, ji2, ji2, b142 (242.55)
12~db2, ji2, ji2, b14~df2 (265.12)
12~db2, ji2, dash, 32~df2(KB) (353.47)

Squarewave equipped
12~db2, ji2, ji2, b14~bf3 (256.09)
12~db2, ji2, ji2, b14~bf3(ex) (281.82)

Up Fan alone
12~db2, ji2, dash, b14~db1, dash, b142(279.65)
12~db2, ji2, dash, 32~db1, dash, 12~df2(285.17)
12~db2, ji2, dash, 32~db1, dash, 12~df2(KB) (372.75)
1~db1(ex), dash, 12~db2, dash, b14~db1, dash, b142 (317.40)
1~db1(ex), dash, 12~db2, ji2, dash, 32~db1, dash, 12~df2(321.19)
1~db1(ex), dash, 12~db2, ji2, dash, 32~db1, dash, 12~df2(KB) (381.30)

Squarewave and Up fan
12~db2, ji2, dash, b14~db1, dash, b14~bf3 (291.88)
12~db2, ji2, dash, b14~db1, dash, b14~bf3(ex)(315.10)
1~db1(ex), dash, 12~db2, ji2, dash, b14~db1, dash, b14~bf3 (325.79)

Okay. So you get very similliar damage for 1 bar with groundwave.

I guess my point was I see groundwave as a bit more useful.

I see what people say about controlling the air, and it's true that now she can basically do a full combo if someone is dinked, but in MKX instafans were hitting both standing and jumping opponents, but upfan is not doing anything on the ground.

So now opponents just going to walk toward you without jumping, which they were doing anyways, since first fan is a high.

Anyways, I am sure I am missing something, it's just seems that like a combo-extender is not giving us a lot of options, so it has to do something else as well.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Okay. So you get very similliar damage for 1 bar with groundwave.

I guess my point was I see groundwave as a bit more useful.

I see what people say about controlling the air, and it's true that now she can basically do a full combo if someone is dinked, but in MKX instafans were hitting both standing and jumping opponents, but upfan is not doing anything on the ground.

So now opponents just going to walk toward you without jumping, which they were doing anyways, since first fan is a high.

Anyways, I am sure I am missing something, it's just seems that like a combo-extender is not giving us a lot of options, so it has to do something else as well.
I mean opponents were just walking towards you in MKX too. I don’t see why that was even mentioned.

She has the ground fan for the ground and the up fan for the air on top of the air fan. Because of that, yea they can just simply walk and duck but them doing that is showing that Kitana is controlling the space, which is something she’s known for and lacked in this game. They cannot jump or they eat a combo now. This is huge
Don’t forget that you can pair up fan with fan nado or half blood stance for the sai toss to make her zoning even stronger

''It doesn't connect after any of our most usable strings''. Amp up fan connects midscreen after B3, B14, F234 which can be connected after with 12 atleast so far i've been testing it. not many options but more than you give credit for

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Lolol. When they said they were gonna nerf razors I thought no one would ever use them; but I couldn’t imagine them doing this to them

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
This is fine, spend the bar for razors ONCE. use B142 into oki, or cash out with B34 ex razors, b14 fan toss, 12, razor. It'll probably be like 27%

DarksydeDash

Do you think people will still use razors in builds? I dont mind substituting low fan or fannado with half blood stance.
I was using Razors with upfan and ground war as a test. It's pretty nuts to land a hit and cash out with double amp up fan and leave them +22 after about 30% unbreakable. We'll probably not be able to have that much damage now with the razors ender but the + frames will still be there.

I was using Razors with upfan and ground war as a test. It's pretty nuts to land a hit and cash out with double amp up fan and leave them +22 after about 30% unbreakable. We'll probably not be able to have that much damage now with the razors ender but the + frames will still be there.
Hearing this makes me super happy. We have like 3 or 4 builds to play with. Its also nice to see ground war hasnt been completely ignored as ive seen it as just a little underrrated. Cant wait for tomorrow

DarksydeDash

Hearing this makes me super happy. We have like 3 or 4 builds to play with. Its also nice to see ground war hasnt been completely ignored as ive seen it as just a little underrrated. Cant wait for tomorrow
I personally am going to use ground war with half blood stance. That 21% teleport punish is so nice