What's new

Kitana General Discussion

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
You think NRS normalized and redesigned razors so Kitana plays more like MK9 and MKX Kitana? The majority of Kitana players wanted long and damaging combos, which is what they seem to be getting.

I wonder how many restrictions (i.e., ban certain special moves, change slots, create new overlaps, etc.) NRS will introduce.

If they do, I am sure a shit storm is coming when players find out that they are not allowed to combine certain special moves.
I hope that’s the case. A lot of us wanted highborn to be nerfed just so we can actually use THE Kitana again. Up fan gives us that possibility and I’m all for it lol

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
You think NRS normalized and redesigned razors so Kitana plays more like MK9 and MKX Kitana? The majority of Kitana players wanted long and damaging combos, which is what they seem to be getting.

I wonder how many restrictions (i.e., ban certain special moves, change slots, create new overlaps, etc.) NRS will introduce.

If they do, I am sure a shit storm is coming when players find out that they are not allowed to combine certain special moves.
I need to see the change in action because it could be a buff for razors since they'd have to guess 1 or 3. Also who knows what the first razor is on block? My big wish is that they upgraded the damage since we're spending a bar now.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
It warms my cold, dead heart that tech is actually being found for Kitana now. Thank god they’ve allowed customs.

Edit: I’m very interested to see how they’ve changed Razors. A buffed Royal Protection and Razors could make chip and throw damage amazing with that combo.

Last edited:
Do you guys really think Kitana will get away with all that damage with up fans?! Of course she won’t, they kept her trash till now and will still try to keep it like that.

She aint Jacqui (which character need to be shoved down out throats) or Liu Kang.

Zviko

Noob
Looks great but very inconsistent. Sai is very tight link and so is B14 after and it whiffs on last hit if not frame perfect. Or do I suck so bad? :D

I don't think I'd use it anyway because of the Mileena stuff.

pretty
They need to buff kitana's walk speed because i'm tired of sheeva stomping on me and not being able to do something about it :)
If she gets up fans you can knock them out of the air.

Dont know if you guys have talked about this already but upfans pretty much solves all of our problems. We get a combo confirm off of it from clipping b14 (on meaty and jumping) it catches short hops after b14 if you time it. And obviously its a good anti air. If they don't touch upfans this will make Kitana strong again and we can actually enforce pressure and get rewarded with high damage.

Hope they up the hit advantage on her throws though. According to Brady they will shave off 4 frames from all knockdowns making Kitanas hit advantage on her throws at 5 frames...

Last edited:

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
If she gets up fans you can knock them out of the air.

Dont know if you guys have talked about this already but upfans pretty much solves all of our problems. We get a combo confirm off of it from clipping b14 (on meaty and jumping) it catches short hops after b14 if you time it. And obviously its a good anti air. If they don't touch upfans this will make Kitana strong again and we can actually enforce pressure and get rewarded with high damage.

Hope they up the hit advantage on her throws though. According to Brady they will shave off 4 frames from all knockdowns making Kitanas hit advantage on her throws at 5 frames...
It solves SOME problems that kitana has.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
This is just theory crafting but wouldn't it make sense to go kinda nuts with universal kitana buffs if they are nerfing the one move (Edenian Razors) that makes her super good?

Like they might make AMP fan safe on block which would be huge, and we don't even know what they're doing with her normals. My point is I'd want to keep Razors good but not dominant. So how do they do that? They keep the non amp'd version safe at like -6 but let the player score some damage on hit by spending a bar.

Lastly, since customs are added, the combination of razors and up fan can score massive unbreakable damage with large hit advantage too. On top of that, you can always cash out with df2.