What's new

Kitana General Discussion

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Anyone with a brain can still counter that. Kitana is predictable, and players are forced to use certain abilities, or in this case a certain variation(low fan, ground war, edenian twist), just to have a mix up that won't even extended combos or launch (except for once using kb).
B2xxTwist is not easy to see. Unless you know it’s coming, chances are you won’t be reacting to it. Do I think the risk/reward is worth it? Not particularly.

But to assume it’s that easy to counter is honestly laughable.

B2xxTwist is not easy to see. Unless you know it’s coming, chances are you won’t be reacting to it. Do I think the risk/reward is worth it? Not particularly.

But to assume it’s that easy to counter is honestly laughable.
Assuming that it gives an advantage is comical. For any use out of that move, you need low fan. These two moves confuse, but do not offer and real benefit to her in a fight other that you get to hit the opponent if they guess wrong. Your experience is obviously different than mine. The opponents I fought, if they were good and even knew kitana (which isn't hard), could block and punish her doing either ET or Low fan. Then even if you do pull off ET, it's a knockdown, and kb can only be used once to do a combo. The bottom line is they screwed kitana over, and the bitch can't even get respected enough for them to make meaningful fixes to her.

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Assuming that it gives an advantage is comical. For any use out of that move, you need low fan. These two moves confuse, but do not offer and real benefit to her in a fight other that you get to hit the opponent if they guess wrong. Your experience is obviously different than mine. The opponents I fought, if they were good and even knew kitana (which isn't hard), could block and punish her doing either ET or Low fan. Then even if you do pull off ET, it's a knockdown, and kb can only be used once to do a combo. The bottom line is they screwed kitana over, and the bitch can't even get respected enough for them to make meaningful fixes to her.
How we went from explaining why sneaking in ET after a b2 is nigh impossible to react to, to somehow talking about the KB’s available and general viability of this loadout is perplexing. You’re making points no one is even arguing about. I’m just going to move on.

Slymind

Noob

Air Dash and Up Fan return Kitana to her Combo Queen throne

Whoever thought it was a good idea to make Kitana's air dash a d,b,f needs to be fired asap
Really? this makes no sense at all, there are command grabs in this game that are two directional inputs only.

Amazing combo though.

I just realized that was a 40% mid screen meterless combo with corner carry. I don't play Kitana but it's definitely one of the characters i want to see the most what the tech monsters will cook.

Last edited:
How we went from explaining why sneaking in ET after a b2 is nigh impossible to react to, to somehow talking about the KB’s available and general viability of this loadout is perplexing. You’re making points no one is even arguing about. I’m just going to move on.
Yes, move on. I brought up KB in my initial comment that you replied too. Stop being confused at a conversation you shouldn't have engaged in to begin with.

VELL1

Noob
So upfan is basically a combo extender?

I mean did we really just needed a more beefed Kitana, she was already doing 320dmg for 1 bar. Combos will be more elaborate now, sure, but once you master them, there is not much else there to do.

I looked at the forward/backward float...I mean DBF2 will be a bit difficult to execute. Forward mobility is pretty neat though, she REALLY jumps forward on that.

Overall is that going to be the best Kitana? Upward fan + floaters?

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

I mean did we really just needed a more beefed Kitana, she was already doing 320dmg for 1 bar. Combos will be more elaborate now, sure, but once you master them, there is not much else there to do.

I looked at the forward/backward float...I mean DBF2 will be a bit difficult to execute. Forward mobility is pretty neat though, she REALLY jumps forward on that.

check this out...

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Kitana gets 32% meterless midscreen and she gets 37% 1 bar in the corner with up fan. She also has the option of 41% unbreakable at the cost of two bars and fb2 KB.

It's looking like this move is going to be heavily favored for sure. I honestly think replacing her parry with up fan is all it would take for Fanfare to be insane good because once again, you have a safe special you can cancel into (amp up fan) and you have all these strings (b321d2) to make them block high.

VELL1

Noob
Kitana gets 32% meterless midscreen and she gets 37% 1 bar in the corner with up fan. She also has the option of 41% unbreakable at the cost of two bars and fb2 KB.

It's looking like this move is going to be heavily favored for sure. I honestly think replacing her parry with up fan is all it would take for Fanfare to be insane good because once again, you have a safe special you can cancel into (amp up fan) and you have all these strings (b321d2) to make them block high.

AMP upfan is -14....

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

It’s more than just a combo extender. It’s one of the best projectiles in the game. It recovers MUCH faster than ground/low fan, it controls the air very well and makes jumping difficult, and it starts or extends combos. It’s by far her best move

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
The unbreakable potential with upfan is crazy lol.
Midscreen she can easily do 40% and if they breakaway, she can get up to 62%

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The unbreakable potential with upfan is crazy lol.
Midscreen she can easily do 40% and if they breakaway, she can get up to 62%
You think NRS normalized and redesigned razors so Kitana plays more like MK9 and MKX Kitana? The majority of Kitana players wanted long and damaging combos, which is what they seem to be getting.

I wonder how many restrictions (i.e., ban certain special moves, change slots, create new overlaps, etc.) NRS will introduce.

If they do, I am sure a shit storm is coming when players find out that they are not allowed to combine certain special moves.