What's new

Kitana General Discussion

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
When they buffed the hitbox, I never had issues with it whiffing. I always thought her moving back was intentional to make it harder to punish.
We’ll see tho. As long as they keep the hitbox the same, idrc

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
When they buffed the hitbox, I never had issues with it whiffing. I always thought her moving back was intentional to make it harder to punish.
We’ll see tho. As long as they keep the hitbox the same, idrc
It not moving her back means flawless block U2 instances on longer-range attacks should remove instances where you whiff due to the distance. Considering the size of the hitbox (assuming it isn't nerfed back), the change should also force opponents who do wakeup U2 baits to be considerably further back, resulting in Kitana getting more room to breathe if she sees the bait and just gets up.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So, the list of Kitana changes via Tyler on twitter, streams, and trailers:

-Last hit of B231343 no longer randomly whiffs on a stand blocking opponent

- Fixed a bug where her Parry did not apply damage to her throw, so now she has a damage buffed grab after a projectile parry

- U2 no longer has Kitana moving backward, which will hopefully not make it whiff as much

- Universal Throw throw nerf of 1%

- Parry Damage buff now affects the first hit of her fatal blow

- Universal wakeup timing change

Unknown:

- Universal change to variations

Unconfirmed:
Df2 connecting off strings on grounded female opponents

F2 being low profiled by a bunch of the cast's pokes

Tyler knows about both of these ^

This is a HUGE step in the right direction, now if we can just get a faster s2, maybe some plus frames, and make her other strings useful, I think we'd be golden.

DarkSado

Noob
So, the list of Kitana changes via Tyler on twitter, streams, and trailers:

-Last hit of B231343 no longer randomly whiffs on a stand blocking opponent

- Fixed a bug where her Parry did not apply damage to her throw, so now she has a damage buffed grab after a projectile parry

- U2 no longer has Kitana moving backward, which will hopefully not make it whiff as much

- Universal Throw throw nerf of 1%

- Parry Damage buff now affects the first hit of her fatal blow

- Universal wakeup timing change

Unknown:

- Universal change to variations

Unconfirmed:
Df2 connecting off strings on grounded female opponents

F2 being low profiled by a bunch of the cast's pokes

Tyler knows about both of these ^

This is a HUGE step in the right direction, now if we can just get a faster s2, maybe some plus frames, and make her other strings useful, I think we'd be golden.
This look so underwhelming I want to cry LMAO! We waited months for this LOL!

DarkSado

Noob
Amplified still does 3 and is likely still safe if canceled appropriately. Seems like the same shindig as the rest of the cast as needing to amplify specials on block to stay safe.
but the ability cause two slot is it gonna be one now? seem like the move gonna be ass now lol
Oh never mind razor cause one slot I am thinking about half blood stnce my bad.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
anyone who lab kitana knew how to deal with razor only people who dodn't lab cmplain.
I agree but it was still a very strong tool. Absurd chip, good damage on hit, great frames on hit, safe on block and it was only 1 slot. It needed to get toned down. I don’t really see an issue.

None of us liked highborn anyways. We only used it because it was the best variation we had. I’m glad it’s finally going away

DarkSado

Noob
I agree but it was still a very strong tool. Absurd chip, good damage on hit, great frames on hit, safe on block and it was only 1 slot. It needed to get toned down. I don’t really see an issue.

None of us liked highborn anyways. We only used it because it was the best variation we had. I’m glad it’s finally going away
True but im over it now. what the best custom varation right now for kitana to you?