What's new

Kitana General Discussion

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
NRS needs to specfically only touch Fanfare's specials because anything else makes Highborne even better, hence why I proposed the new KB specifically for that variation. D'Vorah got something similar and it really helped but I don't want something as simple as a throw KB

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
If you took away the chip on Highborne it would be garbage. The chip is just about the only threatening thing she has, and even then, you’re right in the opponent’s face.

Somewhere Kitana doesn’t exactly want to be against the majority of the cast.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Lose the gimmicky stacking damage buff from RP and make it something permanent until used. I really like the idea of a KB attached to RP buffed fans, but would also like something more than one time use.

But anyways, we have to work with that, flutter, or ground war. I'm happy to be proven wrong but im pretty sure Flutter is a useless filler ability so that leaves Ground War.

My idea for Ground War is for it to add new strings or modify the ones she has and make them tied to the ability. For absolute starters maybe make her multiple dial strings staggerable or whatever the term is.

Before Fan Fare gets buffed we need to have an actual reason to play it.

Edit: There is lift too i guess, but i don't think there is any way you can really buff that unless you do something idiotic like make it safe.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Fanfare obviously needs reworking.

One of the first things they need to do is make Ground war a base ability leaving one more space. This could be taken by up fan or low fan (slightly changed frames if necessary). That in itself would make it more viable option to play without being OP.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Fanfare obviously needs reworking.

One of the first things they need to do is make Ground war a base ability leaving one more space. This could be taken by up fan or low fan (slightly changed frames if necessary). That in itself would make it more viable option to play without being OP.
I'll say this now, Ground war is the only reason to choose fanfare because that fast reversal that can sometimes KB is extremely valuable. Making ground war universal would also be giant buff to highborne which it doesn't need.

They could mess with ground war frame data to make it more safe at certain distances or depending on the characters but I think that'd be too scrubby.

Maybe let us AMP ass on block to be safe but add a flawless block gap to punish it. Similar to Cassie's up kick AMP?

Last edited:

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Buff fan tosses so she has her old combos back and then she'll actually be able to do multiple combos with fanfare and it will be able to compete with highborne

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I'll say this now, Ground war is the only reason to choose fanfatellre because that fast reversal that can sometimes KB is extremely valuable. Making ground war universal would also be giant buff to highborne which it doesn't need.
I hear what you are saying, but you could have the ability conflict with Sai stance or something. Problem solved.

gitblame

Noob
Buff fan tosses so she has her old combos back and then she'll actually be able to do multiple combos with fanfare and it will be able to compete with highborne
I would like that, but since fan toss is universal move it would buff Highborn too so this variation still would be better than fan-fare.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I would like that, but since fan toss is universal move it would buff Highborn too so this variation still would be better than fan-fare.
yeah but with highborne the combos midscreen could only happen from b+34 where fanfare would get a lot of midscreen combos. However I can see the combos in the corner from highborne being crazy.

armani

Noob
I kind of like the way Highborn works, even though it feels like a frame data russian roulette. All of my Highborn non-believers check out these videos. I know I’m singing a different tune here but I’m just tryna be positive - I guess by design Kitana maybe isn’t really meant for combos, she’s meant for staggers and footsies. See these videos below:

Heavy use of b13/b14 staggers and throw mixups. Uses seeking sai to get in

Minimal use of Edenian Razors, uses d4 fan for poke pressure and to cover jump ins

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
So nerf razors so she can get the universal parts of her kit buffed?

Makes sense i guess. I'd prefer Razors keeps its great chip though. Makes it fairly unique as far as i know.

I personally don't think it makes sense. Since the character is still unproven in tournament as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), it makes no sense what-so-ever to want to nerf anything re: Kitana, in either Variation at the moment.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Kitana is a beast, its really just the stupid razors glitching but everything else is on point the more i study

gitblame

Noob
First thing I would do to Kitana is make her back 1 a 10 frame move.
Yeah if it was up to me, I would make her broken too

To be honest and serious I am pretty sure we will have history repeat itself and Kitana again will be buffed to ridiculous level. No tournament presence. Common downplay and aksing for buffs. Bottom on every tierlist. Yeah it's inevitable.

JJParker

Noob
You think making her back 1 3
Yeah if it was up to me, I would make her broken too

To be honest and serious I am pretty sure we will have history repeat itself and Kitana again will be buffed to ridiculous level. No tournament presence. Common downplay and aksing for buffs. Bottom on every tierlist. Yeah it's inevitable.
You think making her back 1 a 10 frame move will make her broken?

I can't really see how some people think Kitana is strong rn. When you are playing her in a offline match you can feel the gap between her and the other characters.

Chip damage is great and all, but people have tools to get in, and you won't be doing that gimmicky razors thing against someone that is playing for real, trust me. Once they are on her range, you basically need to outplay hard your opponent, because of how faster their strings are.

I don't know why NRS is so afraid to buff Kitana. She does not excels in anything. What is her role in the game? You only play Kitana if you just want to have fun in a tournament or as a wildcard, where the latter usually dcn't work, since she only has three strings to work around.

Give Kitana a place in the game other than "wow she has great chip damage! AMAZING!"

If you took away the chip on Highborne it would be garbage. The chip is just about the only threatening thing she has, and even then, you’re right in the opponent’s face.

Somewhere Kitana doesn’t exactly want to be against the majority of the cast.

... she has an aquaman trident rush that is plus on block? she is one of the strongest characters in the game up close.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I don’t know how highborn’s chip will do against people who know the matchup though, when I play her on KL she’s doing great bc people don’t understand the properties of Razors, hell I don’t even 100% do, I don’t know how the pros will handle it if at all.

I think, however, we can all agree that fan fare needs more oomph of some kind