What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Here is another short combo in her Sai basic variation. Im not a big fan of that, but if you land a Sai from the stance 3 times you get a K.Blow which launches the opp. Pretty sure that I can do a combo with 3 KB's, but playing in this variation is a waste of time imho. The main problem is that you dont have the fan lift in this variation, and you only have the spinning fans aura, which can be used as an AA into followups, but is kinda janky and inconsistent

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I know the game isn't out yet but does kitana's combos allow air fan + ground fan + lift in them? (also not that combo that one looks really optimal because i think it has the stupid razor fan thing)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I know the game isn't out yet but does kitana's combos allow air fan + ground fan + lift in them? (also not that combo that one looks really optimal because i think it has the stupid razor fan thing)
It seems like she can only do 1 fan per combo. Fan into different fan doesn’t keep them suspended

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
B3 didn’t exist
D1 wasn’t a fan
B1 was 16f, but b14 was +4
Ex rising blades didn’t launch
Ass wasn’t a HKD and was punishable in hit
F1 was super punishable in block and on hit
21 wasn’t plus. 212 didn’t launch
Gaps in literally every string
Ex fan was a high, wasn’t plus and had a gap
Shadow kick was unsafe

That’s all I remember from the top of my head. I’m sure you get the picture lol
Oh, those were the days. Where the only good things going for her was instant air jump punches and 31% block strings in mournful — and then they removed them...

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
This is the most depressing thing I’ve heard all day...
so we don't have midscreen fan toss combos, wow that sucks
Right. It’s weird especially since kitana is known for her fan juggles and unbreakables. I was already prepared for her not to be this huge combo character but i definitely wasn’t prepared for 1 fan per combo. At least she has her damage

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Does she have a discord server dedicated to her? Or should we have all those combo and matchup discussions on TYM

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Is anyone talking about her wakeup attack? I haven’t seen anyone else’s actually push them backwards like Kitana’s seems to. It’s super defensive, almost like a backdash.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Is anyone talking about her wakeup attack? I haven’t seen anyone else’s actually push them backwards like Kitana’s seems to. It’s super defensive, almost like a backdash.
Noticed that during the Kast when 16bit was using her. Seemed pretty amazing compared to others.

Also, speaking of the last Kast, they showed that frame data is self calculating and appears on screen during practice mode when you toggle it on. Wouldn’t this mean that the frame data we’re given for Amp Fan Toss isn’t as negative as it suggests considering the frames are being measured from the moment the first fan is blocked and not the second fan?

Last edited:
I really hope they'll improve her with a patch or something ... I was so happy to have her, but she looks very uninspiring , her moves are bland, boring , stiff... don't like her stance at all, fan moves all the time, lack of kicks , punches, hand to hand moves ... I know she's a fan wielder, but they should've given her some other moves, as well ... kind of lame and unattractive moveset, especially when you compare her to the likes of Jade or Jacqui ( no wonder 16 bit said Jade is his favorite character this time , she's much more acrobatic and nimble, and she shines at her best in this game) . Combos lead to nothing, unsafe strings, lack of overheads ( again ) ... ahhhh ....

sorry for the frustration burst, it is just that I 've been waiting for her to return for so long, all to find out that she's low tier ,useless and unappealing ... even worse than at the begging of MK X life ... :(

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
If Im gonna be honest, F22222 is the best ender imo. Good hit advantage in the corner and midscreen sends them full screen for fan zoning.

Obviously if you can kill with df2 KB then you end with b14 df2

Last edited:

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Man I am having a difficult time finding any viability for her second tournament variation l. As it appears to me her first variation is head and shoulders the besg way to go.

Am I perhaps missing something?

Also after having toyed around with a lot of the roster last night Kitana appears to be very well equipped compared to some of the cast.... Poor noob :( his tournament loadouts are trash

Firstly her outfits really are a little lacking. Anything revenant blows IMO. Her past outfit is ok, but could've been a little more interesting. And why the hell isn't the #3 concept in the Kollection not an option? Looks regal, asian and just something different from the jumpsuit thing

I was so happy to have her, but she looks very uninspiring , her moves are bland, boring , stiff... don't like her stance at all, fan moves all the time, lack of kicks , punches, hand to hand moves ... I know she's a fan wielder, but they should've given her some other moves, as well ... kind of lame and unattractive moveset
She's got some good H2H moves, just that none of her fan moves seem as interesting as those in MKX. Maybe it's because i spent so long with MKX Kitana and got so used to them, but her 212 just seemed to flow nicely, compared to her combos in this game. Also her fans seem not as hefty as the MKX counterpart - and they all look like shit. They seem like they're made of paper, yet feel heavy at the same time. Really odd.