What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I talked a guy who just got banned for streaming into scrolling through some of the movelist for Kitana lol

I'll post it tomorrow sometime.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Her frame data is just as I expected it to be... not the best since she is definitely made to have great damage and zoning.

D1 being +10 on hit is good since it’s probably going to be her main midrange tool.

Her b131 and b142 seem really good actually si ce both are safe and come from what will probably be her best mid.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Hmm. Those frames are disconcerting to say the least. Why are both d3 and d4 -10 on block? Lift is only -9?! That seems weird...

Also don’t see frames on just F4. Or will that F4444 string have to be mashed? That would also be weird...

At least there looks to be the possibility of mixup potential from the b2 strings and b3 is an actual low starting string not just a low cancelable hit like MKX.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Just arm chairing but based on her on-paper frame data, seems like you'd want to use Lift in footsies a fair bit. -9 on block is pretty darn safe mid-range, if not unpunishable by almost everyone, and the reward is pretty significant.

It'd be jump bait but as long as you're not just slinging Fan Lifts left and right, and keeping them honest with b131 and d1 and some air fans, it looks like a nightmare to play footsies with. Lift could be something she bases her whole gameplan around maybe.

Or maybe not, just arm chairing! I don't exactly have the game to check.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I am not worried about Kitana being good, they’ve always fixed her up to be good even if it takes a patch or 6

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Just arm chairing but based on her on-paper frame data, seems like you'd want to use Lift in footsies a fair bit. -9 on block is pretty darn safe mid-range, if not unpunishable by almost everyone, and the reward is pretty significant.

It'd be jump bait but as long as you're not just slinging Fan Lifts left and right, and keeping them honest with b131 and d1 and some air fans, it looks like a nightmare to play footsies with. Lift could be something she bases her whole gameplan around maybe.

Or maybe not, just arm chairing! I don't exactly have the game to check.
Her fanlift is not like MKX with a good range so I doubt you will be able to use it in the midrange and as of it only being -9, it’s really slow so thee’s Probably a gap before it comes out and -9 itself is punisheable so it’s still not a good idea lol

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Hmm. Those frames are disconcerting to say the least. Why are both d3 and d4 -10 on block? Lift is only -9?! That seems weird...

Also don’t see frames on just F4. Or will that F4444 string have to be mashed? That would also be weird...

At least there looks to be the possibility of mixup potential from the b2 strings and b3 is an actual low starting string not just a low cancelable hit like MKX.
Yeah I was concerned about her pokes but she was definitely built to have issues against people up-close since her zoning is good and her damage is definitely gonna be one of the highest in the game... at least meterless and her B131 and B142 alongside her 32 seem like decent options

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
It says "<--> ranged" on fan lift move list menu. What does it mean? You can control the range of it?
Likely just a special notation that it’s technically a ranged attack so it can’t be parried like normal mid attacks.