What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
Hey guys, I have a question about her frame traps.

Her 21 is +2 if I recall but she lacks the start up to really trap people even with extra frame added on reversal. So I'm curious, does Kitana only get the 21 frame trap after conditioning your opponent with 212xxfan?

Maybe it's my follow up, but after 21 I typically go for her her
D1xx fan
B12xx Ex fan.

I guess I have a second part question as well. With Ex fan being only +1 how do people follow it up? What I do
- back dash
- d1xxfan
- f1 (only if I know they're conditioned)

Also hope they lower the start up of her f1 to maybe 9-10 frames.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
21 then B14. This frame trap doesn't work on 6 frame normal or Mileena.
After ex fan, jump and see what your opponents do next. You can instant air float over low pokes, you can jump over some armor moves they throw out. Sometimes they just block and you can throw them. Then after your next ex fan do what you think would win them. +1 doesn't guarantee anything and you'll have to play mind games

Can I be honest for a moment and admit that my most common action is to simply do 212~fan for decent, safe chip damage? :p

When I do opt to use 21 alone, my favourite follow-ups are:
* b12 or b14 (if b12 gets blocked, generally I'll go for d1 after that)
* 111~fan (if I've convinced them not to low poke out with b1 shenanigans)
* 21 again! (only if I'm feeling ultra-greedy at that particular moment in time!)
* Backdash! (no one is ever quite sure what to make of it)
* Throw (the old classic)

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
I have no idea why I never take the grab as a serious option when youre + a lil.

Speaking of grabs, does anyone have a certail tool they like before they grab?

I've been enjoying the f1 inti grab
On a hdk, I'll instant air float to njk. I dislike the pushback it causes making b3 whiff unless run cancels. So I've been grabbing after a njk

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Is it possible to do instant air fan with a regular PS4 pad?
I usually try to do that doing UDF1 and I try by doing UBDF1 in a circular motion.
In the first case, my fan come out too high and in the second case doesn't come out at all.
I think it's impossible! :p

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Alright so honest question. How do you fight Kitana? I'm not sure if it's online or the characters I play but it feels like Kitana can get away with doing literally anything against me. I get destroyed every time I fight a decent one and its either assassin or mournfal doing basic kitana stuff. I play Tremor and Reptile and it's like Kitana gets a free jump in on me no mater what I do into frame traps. Help

HanSolo

Noob
Alright so honest question. How do you fight Kitana? I'm not sure if it's online or the characters I play but it feels like Kitana can get away with doing literally anything against me. I get destroyed every time I fight a decent one and its either assassin or mournfal doing basic kitana stuff. I play Tremor and Reptile and it's like Kitana gets a free jump in on me no mater what I do into frame traps. Help
I'm no kitana expert but my very basic tips would be keep up the pressure, don't jump against her, bait her EX rising fan on wakeup for full punish, and when in doubt block low. She has no overhead starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.