What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I felt sad today when trying to do old combos for Assasin. There used to be a 61% combo using normal sharpen and 1 bar for ex fan....but damn now it's only 52% lol. My dilemma be like: must use many fans because of the sharpen buff, but can't use many fans because of damage scaling.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
How are you guys punishing takedas air teleport? Standing 1 seems to do the trick, but I need a more consistent punisher.

Ruucsa

Have an ice day!!!
I just looked the frames of air-teleport and basically u can punish it with whatever you want(online is a different thing ;D ).. it's -29 on block and Ex version of it is -15 on block.

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
Does anyone struggle to do a df1 after a jik for Kitana combos? After I found out that release check and short inputs were fucking me up (I didn't know I had them on) I just can't do it no more. I used to do it so easily before and now it seriously bothering me that I can't do it consistently which really takes a toll on my matches. I feel like dropping her but I put alot of time with this character and I don't want to let my efforts go to waste.

Also while practicing noticed I kept doing quarter circle for her df1 (a habit I got from Street Fighter) so Idk if that has something to do with it, I'm trying to break that habit.

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
[QUOTEit in VA"chiXnhawk, post: 1912340, member: 41113"]Are you talking about starting a combo with JIK fan or doing it in a combo?[/QUOTE]
Doing in a combo

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
The rule for canceling air normals into air specials is different from cancelling ground normals into specials. You cannot buffer the special move input. You need to press df1 right after your jump kick hits. I know this issue when I switched from mk9 Kitana to mkx. (in mk9 I need to press 4 df1 very quickly in the air). Try to delay df1 a little bit (especially in some conversions when you have to land jump kick very deeply at the end of the jump arc).

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Cancelling things into parry is very bad. For example: 21 is +2 on block but 21 parry (not held) is -5 on block. Everything else is worse and can be punished.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
How do you guys deal with GM subby throwing out clones constantly? I seem to usually have to use armor to get through. Is there a non armor method you are using?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
How do you guys deal with GM subby throwing out clones constantly? I seem to usually have to use armor to get through. Is there a non armor method you are using?
It's possible to jump the ice ball, then throw an air fan high enough that go pass over the clone. If Sub tries to throw a clone (or if he doesn't duck) there he will get hit by fan. But the better way is reflect and spam instant air fan. Watch out for ex ice ball he can punish instant air fan on reaction with it

Ello. Just played my 1000th online match yesterday and feel I'm getting fairly decent with Kitana so thought I'd sign up to the community. First post.

Thought I'd ask whether anyone else has trouble online with her 21 strings. I can hit 21 into fan or airlift well enough in practice but it seems the input time has to be lightening online. I mess it up so often that I've taken to using only 111 as my standing combo opener. It's frustrating as I much prefer the deceptive 21 and I feel like my game just isn't as good without it.

Sorry if this has been covered before!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Few questions about Mournful. Not sure where to ask since there isn't a Mournful Variation thread (that I saw at least).

1) What are her best normals/strings?

2) How safe/reliable is it to use Glaive as block string enders in real matches vs people armor'ing gaps?

3) How well can she get out of heavy pressure and in what way?

4) Is lift the best AA option, or are things like Uppercut and normals more consistent? Is Shadow Kick a reliable long range AA?

5) How good is Mournful zoning compared to RS and also compared to other characters zoning?

Dabbling some with Kitana and thinking of giving her a run for a few weeks at the locals to see how I fair. Any help is much appreciated!

@RunwayMafia
@SM StarGazer
@xKhaoTik
@Any Mournful user I can't think of at the moment.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Few questions about Mournful. Not sure where to ask since there isn't a Mournful Variation thread (that I saw at least).

1) What are her best normals/strings? B14-ExGlaive. b3-glaive. F22u4-Glaive or ExGlaive for added pressure. 11-Exglaive for quick punishs into 35%+

2) How safe/reliable is it to use Glaive as block string enders in real matches vs people armor'ing gaps? If they have no meter you have full control and can
end almost any string into Glaive.
3) How well can she get out of heavy pressure and in what way? Shadow Kick and ExStaff Grab are your best friends. ExRising Fans is a great universal reversal :) but leads to almost nothing outside of the corner.

4) Is lift the best AA option, or are things like Uppercut and normals more consistent? Is Shadow Kick a reliable long range AA? Shadow Kick is a great get out free if they try and
jump over and aside from teleport characters to resets the neutral where she shines. Lift is without a doubt the best AA outside of Kung Lao's spin. They jump..you lift. Simple as that.
5) How good is Mournful zoning compared to RS and also compared to other characters zoning? Dispite not having a forward moving air projectile Mournfuls zoning is top 5. Full screen you can easily throw two to three glaives. This forces thwm to try and jump over it in which you simply LIFT. Unless its Quan. Then you gotta be careful. Teleport character rs are bad for her as well but ExGlaive can blow up teleport attempts. Live it, learn it, love it.

Dabbling some with Kitana and thinking of giving her a run for a few weeks at the locals to see how I fair. Any help is much appreciated!

@RunwayMafia
@SM StarGazer
@xKhaoTik
@Any Mournful user I can't think of at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.