What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

7L

Heads up!
Okay this thread is dead. Wtf.

Here's one for you guys.

When ending a combo, like a normal f11/11/212 etc. Do you like to end with 3/f3/f4. Granted I have experienced some problems with cancel from 3 to throat slice because i feel the cancel window is alot less than f3 and f4 but the hitbox on standing 3 feels much better than f4 and f3. Ideas? @allkitanamains

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Okay this thread is dead. Wtf.

Here's one for you guys.

When ending a combo, like a normal f11/11/212 etc. Do you like to end with 3/f3/f4. Granted I have experienced some problems with cancel from 3 to throat slice because i feel the cancel window is alot less than f3 and f4 but the hitbox on standing 3 feels much better than f4 and f3. Ideas? @allkitanamains
It honestly depends on the combo. If it's njP into ender I typically run and go for the s3. It increases her corner carry, and the corner is everything in this game. If there's no njP I go for a dash into f4 because it's more consistent for me.

Espio

Kokomo
Forward 4 is the most consistent normal into ending special for me so it's the main one O use. Consistency is a big deal I feel. I don't like standing 3 to ender, but forward 3,3 is fine too.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Thank you so much for the advice!

How do you deal with the command throw at the end of the 21122 string as a mixup? Seems like if I try to jump, I get hit with a d3 before leaving the ground. If I stay and block, I get command thrown and I haven't tried poking out yet.

I'm more of a SF player so the mechanics of MK are still a little new to me.
You can neutral duck his command grab if you read it. You can also use ex rising fans to interrupt anything he does after 21122 as well. He's also -1 if he does the whole string, so you can d1 before he d3's

Can anyone tell me the point of getting a "buff" like this?

Towards+fk, fk is now +3 on hit (up from -4)

Like what is having +3 advantage on hit any different than -4 when the fastest move is 5?

Thanks!

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Can anyone tell me the point of getting a "buff" like this?

Towards+fk, fk is now +3 on hit (up from -4)

Like what is having +3 advantage on hit any different than -4 when the fastest move is 5?

Thanks!
It's completely useless. You will never hit people with F33 when they're standing. Even when you do you always cancel F33 into something else. +3 or -4 on hit is the same to me. F33 is supposed to be combo filler only.

Jedah

Fallen God
How are you guys dealing with buttons after 2,1 pressure such as Johnny cage D4 and other buttons like this? Your +2 however these types of pokes stuff any follow up due to lack of fast mids.

Altsa

How are you guys dealing with buttons after 2,1 pressure such as Johnny cage D4 and other buttons like this? Your +2 however these types of pokes stuff any follow up due to lack of fast mids.
b1 is a 10 frame mid. Johnny´s d4 still low profiles it somehow.

Jedah

Fallen God
i think johnny cage mu is insanely hard. You can`t zone him and his D4 stops ur offense you severely have to outplay the cage player in anycase not a cage discussion just want to know what you guys are doing after 2 1 string to maintain pressure.

darkmoonlight_va

Kitana Assassin Main
Something I found: to maximize damage now for Assassin what you want to do is do 11fanlift or cancel any combo EARLY with fanlift because it has less scaling than fan throw. This may have been stated, but I can get 33% with a 11punish in assassin w/o meter or sharpen.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Is that confirmed? Life sooner in combos for more damage?
I think this has been the standard for some time now, but I could be wrong. 1,1~lift (or B1,4~lift)F4,3 etc... has been my go-to standard for punishing. As an added bonus, its also applicable to all variations, whereas 1,1,1~DF1 does not work in mournful :-/

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
i think johnny cage mu is insanely hard. You can`t zone him and his D4 stops ur offense you severely have to outplay the cage player in anycase not a cage discussion just want to know what you guys are doing after 2 1 string to maintain pressure.
You d1 lift him. Until he respect your +2 go for pressure. Unfortunately d1 lift is risky after 21. After F334 because of the huge push back, d1 is a bit safer (still punishable by F3, but safe against his F2 or his 11/s4)

darkmoonlight_va

Kitana Assassin Main
Something that really irritates me is that in assassin the f112 into fan lift only works on males :/ ex works on females tho
I like to ex it in combos now because I find it to do around ~5 more damage which isn't a ton but is good nonetheless

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Something that really irritates me is that in assassin the f112 into fan lift only works on males :/ ex works on females tho
I like to ex it in combos now because I find it to do around ~5 more damage which isn't a ton but is good nonetheless
shouldnt F1,1~lift work? Again, B1,4~lift still seems like the best bet for punishing, but if you're using F112 for the added range, you should probably be able to drop the 2 and do the lift instead.

Just theory-crafting. I've all but given up on this game, but I would think that should work...

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Wtf d1 lift in pressure?
It can catch people trying to counter poke a blocked d1 OR when they press buttons after doing something minus still thinking they're plus. People got hit by d1 fan (or MK9 d1 cutter), for the same reason they can hit by d1 lift to, it's just much riskier for the Kitana players to do that. Additional the range of d1 makes d1 lift harder to punish sometimes (eg, Johnny can punish close range lift with 15 frame F2 but Kitana can block F2 after a far range lift, because the lift takes time to travel). That's how I yolo

darkmoonlight_va

Kitana Assassin Main
shouldnt F1,1~lift work? Again, B1,4~lift still seems like the best bet for punishing, but if you're using F112 for the added range, you should probably be able to drop the 2 and do the lift instead.

Just theory-crafting. I've all but given up on this game, but I would think that should work...
It does work and I probably will just be using that from now on, and as for the B1,4 I need to get into the habit of using that more. I find a lot of online people do not block it which is strange. And it hits mid!

exflyingbootost: 1905369 said:
corner b+1,4 ex fan, 2,1 fan, j.3 air fan, j.3 float njp, f+33, lift, f+4 booty is 45% in the corner i'm sure there's higher but that's the best i got
Thanks i dont like forward circle special move combo but i do like that set up you mentioned

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
@exflyingbooty Idk if its worth it for ya but I do that same exact combo with f33 instead of f+4 for 46. I find it easier to hit the f33 instead. But it is just my opinion and it's only 1percent so fuck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.