What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiimas

Noob
Alright so honest question. How do you fight Kitana? I'm not sure if it's online or the characters I play but it feels like Kitana can get away with doing literally anything against me. I get destroyed every time I fight a decent one and its either assassin or mournfal doing basic kitana stuff. I play Tremor and Reptile and it's like Kitana gets a free jump in on me no mater what I do into frame traps. Help
Fighting Kitana is pretty basic once you get the hang of it. She has some pretty exploitable weaknesses. For starters, blocking low is usually the way to go since she has no overhead starters, don't try and challenge her projectiles because they come out pretty fast, faster than a lot of other characters projectiles, keep up the pressure, and don't by any means go near the corner, that's where she is the most deadly.

Also, sorry I replied so late. :p

I'll tend to whiff all my punishes when people is in the ground. What are the best options besides fan to keep the pressure.

I'll tend to whiff all my punishes when people is in the ground. What are the best options besides fan to keep the pressure.
Try to do a d3 before a b14 or 21. The oponent usually do a delayed wake up, and if you do a d3 you can confirm more constantly b14 or 21.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
hey guys i probably haven't played mournful enough to notice a difference. have any changes been made to her in the beta?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
That video is not mine, you should ask this for the youtube uploader @YoloRoll1stHit
The whole F22U4 string is actually a gimmick, it's not that safe as people think. Laos boy posted about that long ago. A lot of characters with a ~11f reversal (I don't remember exactly) can easily blow up F22U4, no matter what she does after that string (fan, float & fan, float & land)

While it isn't uncommon for videogames to have hidden or unused data stored inside the game, I happened to cross a few voice files for our lovely princess. *WARNING READING HER QUOTES WILL MAKE YOU SAD OR UPSET*

In an unused mirror match Kitana says this while fighting herself
"Save the future, avoid Liu Kang!"
"Why? He's just a...friend"
"You totally slept with him didn't cha?"
The first time I heard this it was in her rev. talking to rev. so I assumed it was already too late to warn herself but theres also the same files for non-rev. Kitana. meaning future kitana was warning her past self to not interact with him but she "totally slept with him"

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
While it isn't uncommon for videogames to have hidden or unused data stored inside the game, I happened to cross a few voice files for our lovely princess. *WARNING READING HER QUOTES WILL MAKE YOU SAD OR UPSET*

In an unused mirror match Kitana says this while fighting herself
"Save the future, avoid Liu Kang!"
"Why? He's just a...friend"
"You totally slept with him didn't cha?"
The first time I heard this it was in her rev. talking to rev. so I assumed it was already too late to warn herself but theres also the same files for non-rev. Kitana. meaning future kitana was warning her past self to not interact with him but she "totally slept with him"
Lol late and we already know about this

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I don't understand how to mix-up with characters like Kitana. My main is Covert Ops Sonya and I only have to use her B14 or B332 into military stance stuff and it's a 50/50 nightmare for the opponent but Kitana only has her descending aerials and B2 for overheads. How can I open up a defensive opponent aside from going for throws?

I don't understand how to mix-up with characters like Kitana. My main is Covert Ops Sonya and I only have to use her B14 or B332 into military stance stuff and it's a 50/50 nightmare for the opponent but Kitana only has her descending aerials and B2 for overheads. How can I open up a defensive opponent aside from going for throws?
Main variation? I play assassin and I usually just make sure to switch it up with F112 Fan and F112 Parry the parry will catch alot of people even the smart ones will take a second to register that they need to do lows and that's enough time to let go of the parry and low block :3 very effective online

Use ur frametrap, 21 into b14exfans, caugh people jumping, stagger strings, b1xray, b3xray and of course THROWS. Anyway most of ur damage will come from punishes/fans/DP armor.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
212 ex sharpen d1 connects in the corner

S4 is +11 and jails into RC d1 in the corner. She can combo after a s4 connects with d1

21 ex sharpen is more plus than 21 itself

I have some new combos with sharpen. 43% meterless. I'll post later

Status
Not open for further replies.