What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle BB

"There is always hope"
I was happy to see the patch notes, they are going conservative and doing more general changes to her, but it seems mournful got improved nicely, but I wish they did more for assassin, Parry should stun the opponent in mid-animation like in MK9, but it's great that it starts up faster. Sharpen needs to last longer or do more chip damage to be worth the damage loss still...but it looks like Kitana will be patched slowly and carefully, which is great.
Does having a hard knockdown on the booty ability improve it?
Also thank god high voltage was fired...can we get the last gen release before summer ends please XD.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I think because Parry is so fast it has potential to create some crazy mind games. Your opponent is going to take at least a few frames to think about it
Yea parry cancels are fun. I use them in pressure but lows, throws, jumpins and some special moves body it. Holding on to parry is cool for mind games but it's also leaving you wide open for a punish.

I wish sharpen was faster

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I wonder why they haven't looked into make the start up faster on her projectile parry also. It takes a hard read even at full screen to catch most projectiles which just seems pointless.

xKhaoTik

I wonder why they haven't looked into make the start up faster on her projectile parry also. It takes a hard read even at full screen to catch most projectiles which just seems pointless.
It's probably because it's the best projectile in the game. It can be held and reflects every projectile, even multiple hitting ones.

That's probably NRS's way of balancing it.

Since some characters now go into a low state when doing a low projectile. Do you think the matchups will change ? Since they can duck the fans with low projectiles

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
It's probably because it's the best projectile in the game. It can be held and reflects every projectile, even multiple hitting ones.

That's probably NRS's way of balancing it.
I've actually not been able to reflect Kotal's enhanced sword toss, nor Tanyas enhanced Tonfas. If my memory serves me correctly, Jasons enhanced machete toss as well.

But yes, it does reflex almost all of them

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I've actually not been able to reflect Kotal's enhanced sword toss, nor Tanyas enhanced Tonfas. If my memory serves me correctly, Jasons enhanced machete toss as well.

But yes, it does reflex almost all of them
You have a point there, mostly because I can't recall coming up against the EX of any of the projectiles. Will have to have a look.

Since some characters now go into a low state when doing a low projectile. Do you think the matchups will change ? Since they can duck the fans with low projectiles
I would say so. It has changed a lot for the Kang match up, for me anyways. With his pressure up close and FB's at distance I've really struggled. I haven't had much experience since the patch but the couple I've come across used it against me really well. That's the only one that really stands out for me.

Rean

Noob
i disagree, ex lift in assassin can be used for surprise 30+% damage when someone is ducking your fans

edit: i am dumb, ignore

Last edited:

Rean

Noob
forget what i said, i am dumb. yea.

about ex lift in assassin: i am not sure, but hitbox seems...bigger? specifically height and aoe. once i tried to use it for lulz, and managed to catch a damn late jump in, almost behind me. not sure if its any different to normal lift, just something i observed during the match. may be wrong.

dph1990

Noob
forget what i said, i am dumb. yea.

about ex lift in assassin: i am not sure, but hitbox seems...bigger? specifically height and aoe. once i tried to use it for lulz, and managed to catch a damn late jump in, almost behind me. not sure if its any different to normal lift, just something i observed during the match. may be wrong.
The hitbox on lift in Assassin is definitely different to Royal Storm - Assassin seems much taller and Royal Storm is much wider. You can use lift in Assassin as a surprisingly decent anti air, but not so much in Royal Storm. Trade off for the travel distance I guess!

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I have a question: what is the fastest speed for an instant air fan? I mean it is listed in the movelist with 2 or 3 frame start up, but since you have to jump the start up frame is delayed a bit

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
This is for mournful. b3~lift also massively lowers her hurtbox. b3~ex glaive also trip guards jump ins for 36%.

Edit:
Against KLs j2, d1 seems better though. Hmm...

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I don't know how you guys do that but I'm more successful with 1 ~ fan than any other anti air you mentioned above (i'm usually play against johnny cage, jax, subzero and erron)....when i practice anti airing i usually try quick normals with good vertical hit box
And can someone help me with this? I'm curious if this option can beat johnny F3 to start a round
I have a question: what is the fastest speed for an instant air fan? I mean it is listed in the movelist with 2 or 3 frame start up, but since you have to jump the start up frame is delayed a bit

Skedar70

Noob
  • Kitana (Royal Storm) - Bounce Back has 14 frame startup (down from 23 frames)
I thought Bounce Back was a 16 frame startup???? it now says it's 14.Still, is this gonna enable bounce back to be used on reaction instead of on read?

xKhaoTik

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
The buff on the startup of her reflect makes me SO FUCKING HAPPY. It's the number one thing I was hoping they'd change for RS to make it more viable and NRS came through with flying colors. Props to them, man, major props. I actually feel compelled to play this game more now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.