What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamond

Became a tier whore out of frustration
Can we please stop trying to make that gimmicky "air float into overhead" a thing? It works about once and then it's just useless...

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Can we please stop trying to make that gimmicky "air float into overhead" a thing? It works about once and then it's just useless...
F22U4 air float was already a thing. 16 bit used it a lot. It's not useless cuz there's a mind game about what Kitana would do after that

diamond

F22U4 air float was already a thing. 16 bit used it a lot. It's not useless cuz there's a mind game about what Kitana would do after that
Pretty sure someone already posted multiple different ways multiple chars can punish that setup no matter what Kitana does.

And using a meter for ex db2 into float and njp/njk is a waste of a meter...

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Pretty sure someone already posted multiple different ways multiple chars can punish that setup no matter what Kitana does.

And using a meter for ex db2 into float and njp/njk is a waste of a meter...
An armored wakeup that launches and does 30%+ is NOT a waste of meter. Kitana DEFINITELY needed this.

And why are you doing NJP? After float, do air fan.

diamond

An armored wakeup that launches and does 30%+ is NOT a waste of meter. Kitana DEFINITELY needed this.

And why are you doing NJP? After float, do air fan.
YoloRoll up there was suggesting that we should use a blocked ex db2 into float, njp for an overhead option. I told him that's a waste of meter.

Yes armored wake up is great for her!

xKhaoTik

YoloRoll up there was suggesting that we should use a blocked ex db2 into float, njp for an overhead option. I told him that's a waste of meter.

Yes armored wake up is great for her!
O ok I see. Well doing float would be a waste of meter, especially since she can only do it on hit and not on block. Hitting with the NJP is hard too outside of the corner.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
You might be thinking of F112 Fan haha, and I think 212 Fan may have connected in the corner, but I can't really remember.
Maybe I'm on drugs, lol. I haven't downloaded the update on my PS4 yet so I'm gonna check when I get home from work lol.

Could just be one of those things I thought was always there.

Skedar70

Noob
So now she can spend meter for an overhead option: [any normal] rising blade xx air float njp/k
According to the patch notes Rising blades can only be special canceled if its a hit. So I don't think you can do this when blocked. It is still a great option for wake ups and AA because now we can combo into it. I might be wrong, I still haven't tried it. If you can cancel on block then it might be useful.

You cannot cancel on block, it's based on the second hit confirm. Still great though, especially since it's armoured.

According to the patch notes Rising blades can only be special canceled if its a hit. So I don't think you can do this when blocked. It is still a great option for wake ups and AA because now we can combo into it. I might be wrong, I still haven't tried it. If you can cancel on block then it might be useful.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Mournful looking so gawdliek right now. :0 So how is assassin now? P.P. is really fast now but I'm not sure about sharpen.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
So what does she get off her ex rising fan in mournful? All I have at the moment is ex~rising fan~glaive, run, d1~staff grab. I assume there is more?

xKhaoTik

So what does she get off her ex rising fan in mournful? All I have at the moment is ex~rising fan~glaive, run, d1~staff grab. I assume there is more?
That's what I do as well. I'm fine with the 24%. Mournful has so many ways to damage opponents now

As much as I love Royal Storm, it's probably not her best variation anymore. Mournful got way more versatile

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
That's what I do as well. I'm fine with the 24%. Mournful has so many ways to damage opponents now

As much as I love Royal Storm, it's probably not her best variation anymore. Mournful got way more versatile
I'm torn... as much as I love Royal Storm, the chip damage and buffs in Mournful are too good. What to do... damn lol

I mean d1~Glaive is a thing now even though you can armor through it <3

Status
Not open for further replies.