What's new

Tech Kitana Combo Thread *UPDATED December 2012*

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I drop 4~lift 99% of the time in the corner. 333 is much more forgiving.
Use 2~lift and you will get more than 333~lift.

rev0lver, I used the double lift combos in casuals last night... I need another word for #swag because I hate that word lol ... whatever I come up with, is how awesome it was ^_^

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Right on bro, you're right. I just have a hard time hitting up training mode when I throw on MK, I just want to get on and run games. Hence, I'm stuck in my old ways.
I'm going to show you my Kitana gimmicks combos and shenanigans.

Konqrr use the word SCHWAY I think it's pretty schway.

....it's a made up slang word from the Batman Beyond series :p

BillStickers back dash after the njp in the corner into 4 fan 4 lift its "hella" consistent

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Anyone use 16Bit's trademark combo? F41, B33~Fan Lift....
ONLY if the f4 is blocked and I don't notice right away that the 1 hit. Otherwise I go for f2~lift every time. I'm too scared of dropping the f2~fan, 2~lift version.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
ONLY if the f4 is blocked and I don't notice right away that the 1 hit. Otherwise I go for f2~lift every time. I'm too scared of dropping the f2~fan, 2~lift version.
I still don't understand why f2~lift does more than 4~lift but 4~cutter to end does more than f2~cutter.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I found a consistent 45% corner jk~fan combo and an easier way to convert a jk~fan to 45% when slightly away from the corner but going towards it (when Khaotik's 47%er becomes harder)

The first one is jk~fan, b2~fan, 333~cutter, 333~cutter, d1~cutter (you have much more time to connect the 333's than the f41 combo)
The conversion one is jk~fan, b2~fan, f2~cutter, 333~cutter, d1~cutter (there are some situations where the b2 is too slow or much more inconsistent when not directly in the corner when using 4~fan after the jk~fan, which is why I'd normally opt for this there)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I have a 48% jk fan corner combo now lol.

Im making a situational combo video next week. ALOT of juicy, damaging, meterless combos :)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Also, I don't think I posted this in the forums before but I found Kitana's highest meterless deep jk combo in the corner.

Deep jk, 333~fan, 333(or 4)~lift, b2~fan, fan, jk~fan, 2~cutter, d1

333 and 4 to lift seem to both do the same damage. A second b2~fan doesn't work

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Also, I don't think I posted this in the forums before but I found Kitana's highest meterless deep jk combo in the corner.

Deep jk, 333~fan, 333(or 4)~lift, b2~fan, fan, jk~fan, 2~cutter, d1

333 and 4 to lift seem to both do the same damage. A second b2~fan doesn't work
The difference between 333 and 4 lift is the degree of gravity at the end of the combo. So if they do roughly the same damage, it is better to do the one hit before the lift so there is less of a chance for dropping the last hit(s) and cornering yourself with a whiffed cutter or getting punished by a wakeup attack for whiffing 333.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Not sure if this was posted before, but I found this today

47% off 21~lift in corner

jip, 21~lift, njp, 4~fan, b2~fan, fan, b2~fan, 2~cutter, d1

Step back before the 4~fan and it's pretty consistent imo

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I found out how it works.

Corner combo with the extra meter for a double fan lift and you only lose 2% for it (credit: rev0lver)

f21, njp, 4fan, 4lift, b2af, lift (hits late), ff~333cutter, 2 - 45%

Good shit man.
wtf....how does extra lift keep them in the air? don't they drop? im confused

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
wtf....how does extra lift keep them in the air? don't they drop? im confused
You do it early and they fall into it during the last frames so Kitana recovers in time to attack.

I was confused at first but once I landed a late fan lift it all made sense.

Axel_Redd

hmm i'll probably not even end up doing it cuz it sounds like a swagg combo....but what is the double lift combo again.

and whats wrong with f41 b33~lift? o-0 lol

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
and whats wrong with f41 b33~lift? o-0 lol
Less damage, especially in corner where you get high damage off f41 b2~fan combos

Midscreen you can do b2 also, but the window is much tighter because you have to dash into it. I'm pretty sure f41 f2~lift maximizes damage without a b2.

Axel_Redd

Less damage, especially in corner where you get high damage off f41 b2~fan combos

Midscreen you can do b2 also, but the window is much tighter because you have to dash into it. I'm pretty sure f41 f2~lift maximizes damage without a b2.
hmm, i know about the wall combo, i have a 53% meterless with that, i know u can get more but its really hard to do that. strict timing n all that.

and alright i'll give the f2 lift combo a try :)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So I noticed something today about 333 lift vs 4 lift in the corner....

With 21~ex fan basic bnb's, they appear to do the same damage percentage-wise (though I'm not sure about "true" damage if we look at decimals). A naked f21 loses 1% with 333 lift, but everything else appears the same. However, I noticed today that when trying to do the double ground fans (b2 fan, fan, fan, 333 cutter), the cutter would drop every time with 333 lift, but worked every time with 4 lift. So, I know some of you like flashiness with her pretty looking 333's, but it seems like it affects gravity. So stahp.