BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
just some fun swag stuff i've been coming up with -

midscreen:
f21, b2~fan, b2~ex fan, fan, f2~cutter
jk~fan, jk~ex fan, jk~ex fan, jk~ex fan, jk~fan
f41, f41, 2~ex lift, b2~fan, fan, 4~cutter
njp, pretty kick, d1~ex fan, fan, f2~cutter
f21, njp, f41~lift, f41~ex fan, fan, f2~cutter (credit to Soup)

corner:
njp, 33, 33, 33, 333~ex lift, b2~fan, fan, 333~cutter
njp, b2~fan, lift, 2~ex fan, 333~cutter, d1~cutter

Also, I was talking to 16bit about this a couple days ago. I created this thread so we could have a one-stop place to find Kitana combos, but I later realized that things could get too confusing if I start putting in everything. Should I create a section for "tournament" combos, as in the combos with maximum damage with maximum reliability, and then a spot for everything else? I think it's important to have a place to list our normal bnb's, but I don't want to exclude new high-damage combos or easy variants.
3 categories: tournament, beginner, swag

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
3 categories: tournament, beginner, swag
That seems good, but probably would need another section that's like in between tournament viable and "swag". Like Khaotik's corner jump kick combo, not necessarily unreliable but probably too execution-heavy for most tournament players.

just some fun swag stuff i've been coming up with -

midscreen:
f21, b2~fan, b2~ex fan, fan, f2~cutter
jk~fan, jk~ex fan, jk~ex fan, jk~ex fan, jk~fan
f41, f41, 2~ex lift, b2~fan, fan, 4~cutter
njp, pretty kick, d1~ex fan, fan, f2~cutter
f21, njp, f41~lift, f41~ex fan, fan, f2~cutter (credit to Soup)

corner:
njp, 33, 33, 33, 333~ex lift, b2~fan, fan, 333~cutter
njp, b2~fan, lift, 2~ex fan, 333~cutter, d1~cutter

Also, I was talking to 16bit about this a couple days ago. I created this thread so we could have a one-stop place to find Kitana combos, but I later realized that things could get too confusing if I start putting in everything. Should I create a section for "tournament" combos, as in the combos with maximum damage with maximum reliability, and then a spot for everything else? I think it's important to have a place to list our normal bnb's, but I don't want to exclude new high-damage combos or easy variants.
personally i think they should all be listed because different people will find comfort in different combos. i know for me for about 2 months my f21 combo was f21,njp,jk,airfan,4,fan,f2,cutter because it was easy to do on my laggy tv and gave me an easy 38% but now that i have asus i go for the 45% because i can hit it 80% of the time and when i miss it it's because i accidentally f4,fan to which on reaction i f2,cutter to salvage damage (35%) without requiring meter. if you start labeling some combos as tournament combos then people stop experimenting with what works for them and stick to tournament combos.
I had the first post after the OP, so if you want you can update the OP to highest damage combos for each string and i can update my post for all other known alternatives (besides kitana has so many swag combos why would you want to keep them from the public :p).

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
That seems good, but probably would need another section that's like in between tournament viable and "swag". Like Khaotik's corner jump kick combo, not necessarily unreliable but probably too execution-heavy for most tournament players.
If anyone uses my JK combo, I'd cry lol, both for joy and anger. Joy because my combo is being used but mad cuz its mine! Lol

And I've noticed that some kitana players are using my double fan toss combo in the corner ;_;. I'm starting to use it midscreen now too

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
personally i think they should all be listed because different people will find comfort in different combos. i know for me for about 2 months my f21 combo was f21,njp,jk,airfan,4,fan,f2,cutter because it was easy to do on my laggy tv and gave me an easy 38% but now that i have asus i go for the 45% because i can hit it 80% of the time and when i miss it it's because i accidentally f4,fan to which on reaction i f2,cutter to salvage damage (35%) without requiring meter. if you start labeling some combos as tournament combos then people stop experimenting with what works for them and stick to tournament combos.
I had the first post after the OP, so if you want you can update the OP to highest damage combos for each string and i can update my post for all other known alternatives (besides kitana has so many swag combos why would you want to keep them from the public :p).
Lol I actually added yours before but didn't realize until now that they also somehow disappeared from one of the edits I did (idk why that happened). But the reason I want those labels is because things like the f21 njp combo I have there is what should be used as a bnb for current high-level play. Like, imagine if you're RandomKitanaScrub and you see Crazy Dominican play at MLG and you want to know how to do what he's using. You could come here and find that. There's nothing wrong with wanting to use something easier, but that's why it should be in a different section.

And I've noticed that some kitana players are using my double fan toss combo in the corner ;_;. I'm starting to use it midscreen now too
Who, me? Nah bro I've totes been using that since like July 2011 Kappa. I actually didn't realize you could do it midscreen though. I just tried it and it seems a lot more difficult.

Lol I actually added yours before but didn't realize until now that they also somehow disappeared from one of the edits I did (idk why that happened). But the reason I want those labels is because things like the f21 njp combo I have there is what should be used as a bnb for current high-level play. Like, imagine if you're RandomKitanaScrub and you see Crazy Dominican play at MLG and you want to know how to do what he's using. You could come here and find that. There's nothing wrong with wanting to use something easier, but that's why it should be in a different section.

Who, me? Nah bro I've totes been using that since like July 2011 Kappa. I actually didn't realize you could do it midscreen though. I just tried it and it seems a lot more difficult.
that's fine, that's why i'm suggesting using my post for all other combos so that within the top 2 posts you have highest damage output/most viable (your post), and all other combos that look cool, are easier on different monitors, or just feel more comfortable for the player (like if they dont mind getting 38 instead of 45, but they get it 100% of the time or whatever) (my post)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So i found out a way to get 3 lifts in a combo.

In the corner -

21~lift, walk forward, njp, b2~fan, lift, 2~ex fan, b2~ex fan, lift, 2~ex fan, fan, 2~cutter

The only real difficult part about this is the lift after the b2~ex fan, since the cancel can put you too close or too far away. This isn't anything viable or something like that, but I just think it's cool since I didn't think you could combo off multiple lifts before.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
omg i was about to post this lol even though what i found isn't that practical. is it jip 21~lift, ground fan, b2~air fan, 4~ground fan, f2~cutter?
Much easier way to do this is to do:

jip~21~lift, walk forward so b2af barely hits, ff~block~ff, fan, 4~fan, f2~cutter

But you are only losing 1% by going for the uber easy:

jip~21~lift, ff, njp, b2af, ff, 4~fan, f2~cutter

And you can get 42% if you go for:

jip~21~lift, ff, njp, b2af, ff, fan, 4~fan, f2~cutter

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Also... it really disgusts me when I see a match video where a Kitana player lands a d1~cutter on someone trying to jump out of the corner and they do d1~cutter again or repeatedly... Seriously wtf? Do you need 2 volleys to confirm that you hit it?

aad1~cutter, 2~lift, b2af, fan, fan, 333~cutter, 2 - 32%
aad1~cutter, 2~lift, fan, b2af, fan, 333~cutter, 2 - 32%
aad1~cutter, 2~lift, b2af, fan, ff~b2af, ff~2~cutter, 2~cutter, 2 - 33%
aad1~cutter, 33, 333~lift, b2af, fan, ff~333~cutter, 2 - 35%

EDIT: Also, rev0lver, where the hell is your post on the multiple fan lift combos?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
EDIT: Also, rev0lver, where the hell is your post on the multiple fan lift combos?
So i found out a way to get 3 lifts in a combo.

In the corner -

21~lift, walk forward, njp, b2~fan, lift, 2~ex fan, b2~ex fan, lift, 2~ex fan, fan, 2~cutter

The only real difficult part about this is the lift after the b2~ex fan, since the cancel can put you too close or too far away. This isn't anything viable or something like that, but I just think it's cool since I didn't think you could combo off multiple lifts before.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I found out how it works.

Corner combo with the extra meter for a double fan lift and you only lose 2% for it (credit: rev0lver)

f21, njp, 4fan, 4lift, b2af, lift (hits late), ff~333cutter, 2 - 45%

Good shit man.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I found out how it works.

Corner combo with the extra meter for a double fan lift and you only lose 2% for it (credit: rev0lver)

f21, njp, 4fan, 4lift, b2af, lift (hits late), ff~333cutter, 2 - 45%

Good shit man.
That's awesome! Do you know how much meter it builds with the extra lift compared to without it?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Also... it really disgusts me when I see a match video where a Kitana player lands a d1~cutter on someone trying to jump out of the corner and they do d1~cutter again or repeatedly... Seriously wtf? Do you need 2 volleys to confirm that you hit it?

Maaaaan the d+1~cutter loop is my favorite combo.

LBSH most of the Kit community probably blows me up for my lame combos.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

aad1~cutter, 2~lift, b2af, fan, fan, 333~cutter, 2 - 32%
aad1~cutter, 2~lift, fan, b2af, fan, 333~cutter, 2 - 32%
aad1~cutter, 2~lift, b2af, fan, ff~b2af, ff~2~cutter, 2~cutter, 2 - 33%
aad1~cutter, 33, 333~lift, fan, ff~333~cutter, 2 - 35%

OMG this! I hate the d1 cutter spam in the corner lol

Also, rev0lver, idk if you figured it out already, but in order to do the air-to-air combo, you have to be descending from your jump while the foe is approaching or at the apex of theirs.

I tested it today in the lab and I landed it 8/10 times. So its pretty consistent.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Maaaaan the d+1~cutter loop is my favorite combo.

LBSH most of the Kit community probably blows me up for my lame combos.
I actually like that you use 4,fan,2~lift, than 4,fan,4~lift in her bnb, and jik after fan lift, rather than dash njp~b2, and the like. Better to lose a few percent in dmg, than get also fancy schmancy and put yourself at risk of a drop in a best of 3 tournament setting. Save the swag for casuals. :cool:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I actually like that you use 4,fan,2~lift, than 4,fan,4~lift in her bnb, and jik after fan lift, rather than dash njp~b2, and the like. Better to lose a few percent in dmg, than get also fancy schmancy and put yourself at risk of a drop in a best of 3 tournament setting. Save the swag for casuals. :cool:
Wow... 4fan 4lift is NOT hard. I land it consistently online and can even do it with my eyes closed.

The only time I ever do 2lift is when I can see that I mistimed 4fan or if I do 4fan too early in her corner bnb off f21 where the fan only hits once... then the only thing you can do to save the combo is to use 2lift.

xKhaoTikx, agreed on the a2a jp combo. I either do 2~lift or 2~fan into f2~cutter/b33~pk depending on the height I hit with. Most likely the 2~lift will catch them.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It's not hard, but it does feel awkward if your accustomed to dashing in after 4fan.
There are two ways to do it:

1. short dash into 4fan, dash into 4lift
2. dash with small delay into 4fan, 4lift with no dash (16-bit and CD use this)

I use #1 as it's more comfortable for me, but to each his own.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Right on bro, you're right. I just have a hard time hitting up training mode when I throw on MK, I just want to get on and run games. Hence, I'm stuck in my old ways.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
There are two ways to do it:

1. short dash into 4fan, dash into 4lift
2. dash with small delay into 4fan, 4lift with no dash (16-bit and CD use this)

I use #1 as it's more comfortable for me, but to each his own.
In Son ov Timett's defense, I used to use 4 fan 4 lift all of the time until I used an Asus monitor for the first time and my execution error surged up to around 75%. 4 fan 2 lift is definitely easier in lag and between different monitors, so I use it almost all of the time now, with the exception of the corner where I do 4 fan 333 lift.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
In Son ov Timett's defense, I used to use 4 fan 4 lift all of the time until I used an Asus monitor for the first time and my execution error surged up to around 75%. 4 fan 2 lift is definitely easier in lag and between different monitors, so I use it almost all of the time now, with the exception of the corner where I do 4 fan 333 lift.
Why would you sacrifice damage like that when you could do 2lift and get more?