What's new

Guide KILLER FROST - Living Combo Archive/Discussion (Archived)

The meterless vortex combo is outdated.

You guys should be doing f3/b1u3, u3x3, 2 slide, u3, dash. If that's too tough, leave out an u3 and do f112 slide, then u3 dash.

U3x3 -> dash should only be used after a slide launcher.
It's not outdated, it's simplified for people who are still learning bnbs so that they can easily hit the 33% mark for a 3-touch kill. The post 1.05 combo thread has the f3/b1u3, u3, u3, f112 slide, u3 in there already. That's why I said "the easiest bnbs that preserve her 3-touch kills," not the most optimal bnbs that can be used consistently with practice.

It's great that you found you can squeeze in another u3, but the timing is too strict to be worth it IMO. I'll stick to the consistent 35/36% combo, which is still enough for a 1-touch 2-reset kill, rather than try to squeeze out another 2% on a combo much more likely to drop.

Inception

I love Kitana

You guys should be doing f3/b1u3, u3x3, 2 slide, u3, dash. If that's too tough, leave out an u3 and do f112 slide, then u3 dash.

that tripple u3x link is very very tight f112 slide is duable you just gotta input it very fast but then I realized its only 1% more than ApocaLips suggested combo. I am very glad you posted it because that 1 extra % makes me feel like I almost have a 40% meterless combo.

It's not outdated, it's simplified for people who are still learning bnbs so that they can easily hit the 33% mark for a 3-touch kill. The post 1.05 combo thread has the f3/b1u3, u3, u3, f112 slide, u3 in there already. That's why I said "the easiest bnbs that preserve her 3-touch kills," not the most optimal bnbs that can be used consistently with practice.

It's great that you found you can squeeze in another u3, but the timing is too strict to be worth it IMO. I'll stick to the consistent 35/36% combo, which is still enough for a 1-touch 2-reset kill, rather than try to squeeze out another 2% on a combo much more likely to drop.

I agree with what your saying 100% and your post is very instrumental in helping people pick up KF and understand her. I am only trying to go for very consistent, practical and good damage. What gets me paranoid is one time I was in a tournament and I made a amazing comeback. There was a harder bnb that did like 1 or 2% more than the combo I did. I shrugged it off because I was that little damage wont make the difference. I was so hype that I knocked out a top player and winner of this last round stayed in. He had the "magical" pixel of health and came all the way back and I lost. Everyone congratulated me and cheered but all I could think is if I did 1% more damage I would have won.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme

whats the damage on that?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
that tripple u3x link is very very tight f112 slide is duable you just gotta input it very fast but then I realized its only 1% more than ApocaLips suggested combo. I am very glad you posted it because that 1 extra % makes me feel like I almost have a 40% meterless combo.

I agree with what your saying 100% and your post is very instrumental in helping people pick up KF and understand her. I am only trying to go for very consistent, practical and good damage. What gets me paranoid is one time I was in a tournament and I made a amazing comeback. There was a harder bnb that did like 1 or 2% more than the combo I did. I shrugged it off because I was that little damage wont make the difference. I was so hype that I knocked out a top player and winner of this last round stayed in. He had the "magical" pixel of health and came all the way back and I lost. Everyone congratulated me and cheered but all I could think is if I did 1% more damage I would have won.

Well I'm all about max damage. You're new around here so you probably didn't realize that, but everyone who knows my core gameplay and strategy knows that I hit HARD.

I suggest you first start off with the easy stuff like u3x2 or u3 after slide. Once you get that down, then try doing some of the more technical stuff. I'm still doing 40% 1 bar bnbs with frost that ends in the vortex situation. Even if its just an extra 1-2%, damage adds up. Just like you said in your post, you lost by 1%. It may be "hard" or strict, but it pays off at the end.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
38%? Somewhere around there. Its damaging tho and I use it all the time.
ill have to give it a try.the one I use is just a basic b1u3,u3,u3,22,slide,u3. not particularly swag but i just find it the most consistent to hit everytime,decent damage for such easy inputs too.i am going to try her more damaging stuff though.

xKhaoTik

ill have to give it a try.the one I use is just a basic b1u3,u3,u3,22,slide,u3. not particularly swag but i just find it the most consistent to hit everytime,decent damage for such easy inputs too.i am going to try her more damaging stuff though.

Yea that's the one I use online. I don't even bother going for her max damage stuff online because the net code is so trash.

whats the damage on that?
37% with f3 as the starter. We're talking 2% damage increase over f112. If you want that extra 2% back, I recommend swapping f112 for f113, which does the same damage and is significantly easier (although still difficult). I really can't recommend that combo in any circumstance.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
37% with f3 as the starter. We're talking 2% damage increase over f112. If you want that extra 2% back, I recommend swapping f112 for f113, which does the same damage and is significantly easier (although still difficult). I really can't recommend that combo in any circumstance.
personally I wouldn't try it because I have shit execution and I'd rather get 34% With something ill never drop but I can understand why khaotik uses it who lets face it is rarely going to drop it and I guess it tourney play those little extras of damage add up over time.

xKhaoTik

You guys don't have to use it if you don't want to. I just like max damage and I want my opponent to realize I'm gonna punish him hard for their mistakes. But f3/b1u3 -> u3 -> dash is way too blah for me. Not enough damage.

xKhaoTik

I don't even do d2 -> slide anymore. D2 already scales heavily and damage after slide is scaled dramatically too. So scaled launcher into another scaled launcher is a no-no for me. I do d2 then proceed with the combo as if I hit with f3/b1u3.

I don't even do d2 -> slide anymore. D2 already scales heavily and damage after slide is scaled dramatically too. So scaled launcher into another scaled launcher is a no-no for me. I do d2 then proceed with the combo as if I hit with f3/b1u3.
Yeah, again documented right after 1.5 came out. D2 starter is basically the same thing as f3 or b1u3, it just scales harder. Going straight into u3s isn't that difficult and worth learning. Same deal with air-to-air j2s.

My ultimate point is that I can't see why you'd do triple u3 when f113 does the same damage and is easier.

As for your earlier point about intimidating with max damage combos: modern psychology/criminology has proven that view erroneous. It's not the magnitude of the punishment that deters behavior - not even enormous changes in magnitude such as 1 year in jail vs 10 or life. It's the immediacy and the certainty of punishment that keeps them behaving.

So if you want them to respect you, it's better to consistently land any reasonably damaging combo than to choose a slightly more punishing option that's any bit less reliable.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

lol I play online too much that crap will never work. I just use b1u3 u3 u3 22 slide u3 and it's like 35% I think. And spaces you well for every option on the meterless vortex. I am not a fan of using f112 for whatever reason.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
lol I play online too much that crap will never work. I just use b1u3 u3 u3 22 slide u3 and it's like 35% I think. And spaces you well for every option on the meterless vortex. I am not a fan of using f112 for whatever reason.
Yeah me too...I rarely do three U3's online... ...lol oh hell no.

Inception

I love Kitana
This is very strange while doing mb freeze combos if I try to connect 2,2 mb freeze it feels like 22 has this huge lag after it despite me inputting the freeze nothing comes out. Unlike 2, freeze which at the very least the move always comes out even if I miss. Ideas. ? Suggestions I'm extremely inconsistent with any of her mb combos presently I am doing pretty good with her meterless stuff.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Reposting from matchup thread:

B3, j3, u3, f112~MB Grab, NJ2~2 = 36% 1-meter reset
B3, j3, u3, Slide, f112~MB Grab, NJ2~2 = 37% 1-meter reset
B3, j3, u3, 11b2~Slide, 2~MB Grab, NJ2~2 = 39% 1-meter reset
B3, j3, u3, u3, 11b2~Slide, u3 = 41% meterless reset
B2, j3, u3, f113~Slide, 2~MB Grab, NJ2~2 = 41% 1-meter reset
B3, j3, u3, u3, 11b2~Slide, 2~MB Grab, NJ2~2 = 43% 1-meter reset
B3, j3, u3, u3, 11b2~Slide, 22~Iceberg = 44% meterless

Best one for keeping them on the same side for wall carry and damage:
B3, j3, u3, u3, 2~Slide, u3, 1~Iceberg = 43% meterless

And last but not least ^_^
B3, j3, u3, MB Iceberg, Trait Activation (TA), 11b2~Slide, u3 (x8) = 53% 1-meter reset
B3, j3, u3, MB Iceberg, Trait Activation (TA), 11b2~Slide, u3 (x7), 22~MB Grab, NJ2~2 = 54% 2-meter reset

Bonus combo:
Crossup j3, 2~MB Iceberg, Trait Activation (TA), 11b2~Slide, u3 (x8) = 52% 1-meter reset
Crossup j3, 2~MB Iceberg, Trait Activation (TA), 11b2~Slide, u3 (x7), NJ2~2 = 54% 2-meter reset

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Since D2 scales tremendously, I do D2, U3, U3, F112~slide, U3, dash. 26% meterless reset. Im sure there are better ones...but dont waste meter on a D2.
lol I couldn't even answer that question. I don't even bother to look at the percentages whenever I combo after a d2.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
lol I couldn't even answer that question. I don't even bother to look at the percentages whenever I combo after a d2.
Lol I know, right? D2 combos are tragic...I'm always so giddy when I land one and then want to vomit when I see 16%...lol.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Got some more goodies for you guys! ^_^

**NOTE: These ONLY work on female characters (not WW) and Flash.

Easy for xKhaoTik
Crossup J3, 2~MB Iceberg, Trait Activation (TA), u3 (x10) = 60% 1-meter reset
Crossup J3, 2~MB Iceberg, Trait Activation (TA), u3 (x9), 22~MB Grab, NJ2~2 = 62% 2-meter reset

For everyone else:
Crossup J3, 2~MB Iceberg, Trait Activation (TA), u3 (x9), 11b2~Slide, u3 = 63% 1-meter reset
Crossup J3, 2~MB Iceberg, Trait Activation (TA), u3 (x9), 11b2~Slide, 2~MB Grab, NJ2~2 = 64% 2-meter reset

:D j/k Khao lol

RunwayMafia RiBBz22 ApocaLips