What's new

Guide KILLER FROST - Living Combo Archive/Discussion (Archived)

Belial

Noob
slightly better and easier j3

Damage: j3~slide, u3,u3, f113~spike = 39% (sub with 22 or f112 for 37%, same as OP)
Reset: j3~slide, u3,u3,u3 dash = 33%
MB reset: j3~slide, u3,u3, 2~MB grab, j2,2 = 36%
MB damage: j3~slide, u3,u3, 2~MB grab, j2,f113~daggers = 42%

Situational combo
From crossup j3 (works fairly well on ambiguous). will also work frontal if j3 hits below waist. hard on smaller chars like batgirl
Damage: u3,u3,22~slide, u3, 1~spike = 44%
Reset u3.u3,22~slide, u3, dash = 39%
MB reset: u3,u3, 22~slide, f1~MB grab,j2,2 = 42%
MB damage: u3,u3,22~slide, f1~MB grab,j2,f113~daggers = 47%

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Ok...so I've decided to film the combos listed and post the vid here...but I'm going to need some serious coaching/explaining on landing the F113 mid combo. For example: F3, U3, U3, F113~slide....most of the time the 3 in F113 goes under them...meaning I have them to high in the air...it's wrecking my mind and soul right now. ;(

Ok...so I've decided to film the combos listed and post the vid here...but I'm going to need some serious coaching/explaining on landing the F113 mid combo. For example: F3, U3, U3, F113~slide....most of the time the 3 in F113 goes under them...meaning I have them to high in the air...it's wrecking my mind and soul right now. ;(
Wait till you get to the f1 freeze. It will consume whatever is left of it

Belial

Noob
Some chars are easier to land f113 on than others. I can do a vid maybe, I dont have any problem doing these combos, but I sub f113 for f112 most of the time

Reminder to everyone to read the preamble. You can replace the f113s with f112s or even 2s or 11s to make the combos easier if you're having trouble. The important thing is to keep your damage over 33% so that you kill in one touch and two resets. If you make these substitutions, you really should be able to get these consistently.

For example, I usually use f3, u3, u3, f112xxslide, 2xxfreeze MB. However, if I notice I did the u3s too late, I'll replace the f112 with a standing 2, which will allow me to get the reset for only a 3% damage loss. That 34% is acceptable because I'm still doing a 3-touch kill.

Using f113s are admittedly hard, but not really any harder than some of what other characters have to do. It's height dependent - they need to be low enough that the 3 doesn't whiff, but high enough that the slide won't whiff either.

RunwayMafia

Reminder to everyone to read the preamble. You can replace the f113s with f112s or even 2s or 11s to make the combos easier if you're having trouble. The important thing is to keep your damage over 33% so that you kill in one touch and two resets. If you make these substitutions, you really should be able to get these consistently.

For example, I usually use f3, u3, u3, f112xxslide, 2xxfreeze MB. However, if I notice I did the u3s too late, I'll replace the f112 with a standing 2, which will allow me to get the reset for only a 3% damage loss. That 34% is acceptable because I'm still doing a 3-touch kill.

Using f113s are admittedly hard, but not really any harder than some of what other characters have to do. It's height dependent - they need to be low enough that the 3 doesn't whiff, but high enough that the slide won't whiff either.
Yes, I'm aware of what to substitute with...I just really like the way F113 looks...lol. I was just wondering if there was a "trick" or a certain timing cue to know if the f113 will land or not...

Belial

Noob
actually your first launch is usually d2 or slide, which get you around 28-29%
So you next moves should do a total of 71-72%

actually your first launch is usually d2 or slide, which get you around 28-29%
So you next moves should do a total of 71-72%
Well, that'll definitely happen a lot, but I wouldn't say usually. I often open people up with j3s, j2s, and MB f3s which will put you into the 33%+ situation.

But yeah, I've done my damage routines with the slide starter. You'll still get the kill if you get the 34-35% reset (which is what you get if you swap f113 with standing 2) and end with a full damage meterless combo.

Yes, I'm aware of what to substitute with...I just really like the way F113 looks...lol. I was just wondering if there was a "trick" or a certain timing cue to know if the f113 will land or not...
Not directed at you. Directed at the execution complaints in general.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
slightly better and easier j3

Damage: j3~slide, u3,u3, f113~spike = 39% (sub with 22 or f112 for 37%, same as OP)
Reset: j3~slide, u3,u3,u3 dash = 33%
MB reset: j3~slide, u3,u3, 2~MB grab, j2,2 = 36%
MB damage: j3~slide, u3,u3, 2~MB grab, j2,f113~daggers = 42%

Situational combo
From crossup j3 (works fairly well on ambiguous). will also work frontal if j3 hits below waist. hard on smaller chars like batgirl
1) Reset u3.u3,22~slide, u3, dash = 39%
2) MB reset: u3,u3, 22~slide, f1~MB grab,j2,2 = 42%
3) MB damage: u3,u3,22~slide, f1~MB grab,j2,f113~daggers = 47%
I think that j3, 2~slide into the 37% combo is way more reliable. If you don't get the f113 just right on that first combo it whiffs and it's not easy to set up the height on the u3's.

You can also do the PR Balrog starter and use j3, 11b2~Slide, u3, 11b2~Iceberg for 38%!

1) deep J3, u3, u3, 11b2~Slide, u3, dash = 40%
2) deep J3, u3, u3, 11b2~Slide, 2/f1~MB Grab, j2~2 = 43%
3) deep J3, u3, u3, 11b2~Slide, 2/f1~MB Grab, j2~f113~Daggers = 48%

Also...

J3, Iceberg, 11~Slide, u3, 11~Iceberg - 39% is a good alternative to the first set of combos you posted to get the damage.

RunwayMafia

No way is this new...but I'm just curious if any of you guys actually do this. Basically, I noticed the Superman whores using his jump, air dash, in a way that can be somewhat confusing. So I've been implementing it into my game and I have found it to be rather useful...this is strictly a mind game/a different approach to the 50/50 set up.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
RunwayMafia If you jump back and time the air dash right, you can go for an ambiguous j3 which combos into 11b2~slide, u3, 11b2~iceberg for 38%.

But going for the reset is MUCH more rewarding.

I would only go for such things after a hard knockdown such as normal command grab, but even then just doing slide or f3 is better lol

RunwayMafia

RunwayMafia If you jump back and time the air dash right, you can go for an ambiguous j3 which combos into 11b2~slide, u3, 11b2~iceberg for 38%.

But going for the reset is MUCH more rewarding.

I would only go for such things after a hard knockdown such as normal command grab, but even then just doing slide or f3 is better lol
Yeah...I know. I was just bored and felt a little repetitive with her so I was trying to be spicy...lol

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
there's some really good stuff in here although I'm finding some of these really hard tbh,my go too meter less combo is b1u3 u3 u3 11 slide u3 dash under. it seems to be the only 1 I can hit consistently and gets like 34%. Which is still pretty good for a very simple combo imo.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
No meter, and is a hard knockdown within dash range for mixups. I dont actually know the vortex, but this combo has given me a pretty solid amount of success, and isn't to rough to do online.
dude u need to know the vortex if u play killer frost.u do know about the reset though? lmao I had no idea the spike was a hard knock down either.i really do need to try and play more,I love using frost,I've never mained a female character before so it's kinda a novelty for me.

Belial

Noob
after any spike enders (basically every time spike is done at least at 1/2 screen or closer) you can use daggers for extra 3% chip (cant be ducked, can evade with WKA)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
after any spike enders (basically every time spike is done at least at 1/2 screen or closer) you can use daggers for extra 3% chip (cant be ducked, can evade with WKA)
I use this too! Glad I'm not the only one ^_^

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
So what are her 1.05 corner bnbs?
u bone idle bastard omega,find them your fucking self! What sort of thing are you after? this is proberly pointless but I haven't had much time with the game yet so this is what I do atm f3,111,slide,u3,2,iceberg. Can't remember what the damage is but like I said,haven't practiced much corner stuff so far.you can meter burn the iceburg then b3 them to get them off metropolis rooftop aswell.ill shut up now there's far more qualified people to rattle on than me.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I'm doing a whole series on this...lot's of damage. When you master Killer Frost...you can go for style!
Konqrr
Nice that 43% one is tight. I am gonna have to start using that if I think it can close out a round instead of just going for a reset where I may need one more 50-50 to land.

RunwayMafia

Are they worth it? To me it seems like a weaker version of already found combos
Well, it's mostly for fun which is why I labeled it a style guide. Speaking for myself, sometimes if I know I'm going to close out a round or a match and I feel extremely comfortable with a character, i'll go for something a little flashy. Sometimes a girl just needs a little flash and class...