What's new

Guide KILLER FROST - Living Combo Archive/Discussion (Archived)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Every combo should end with killer frost in an advantageous position over the opponent where going for a 50/50 is an option as characters this bad don't get opportunities like this in matches frequently
No the combos should end in a standing reset that leaves you extremely negative so your opponent can combo you.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
1bar 45% No background bounce, no trait, 3 stock, no items, final destination:

J2 B1U3, U3 U3 22 MBiceberg b3 slide f1 daggers.

1bar BGBounce 46%:
j2 b1u3,u3,u3, 2xx mb iceberg b3 f1 BGBOUNCE J3/daggers

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
No the combos should end in a standing reset that leaves you extremely negative so your opponent can combo you.
I was referring to people ending combos in iceberg or any other random thing killer frost players like to do rather than a hard knockdown or a vortex. Just a week ago a player tried to argue that doing mb iceberg into mb flash freeze for a vortex wasn't a waste on his combo video, the community for this character is beyond saving

RiBBz22

I was referring to people ending combos in iceberg or any other random thing killer frost players like to do rather than a hard knockdown or a vortex. Just a week ago a player tried to argue that doing mb iceberg into mb flash freeze for a vortex wasn't a waste on his combo video, the community for this character is beyond saving
You were saying you should end every combo with the vortex. Max damage & other combos have their purpose too (round enders, corner carry, etc).

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You were saying you should end every combo with the vortex. Max damage & other combos have their purpose too (round enders, corner carry, etc).
Obviously but in most cases the round will end with a standard combo or something unclashable, rarely ever do 2 meters need to be used to add like an extra 8% especially with these unorthodox starters, killer frost won't be hitting anyone with a j2.

RiBBz22

Obviously but in most cases the round will end with a standard combo or something unclashable, rarely ever do 2 meters need to be used to add like an extra 8% especially with these unorthodox starters, killer frost won't be hitting anyone with a j2.
I am not even talking about that reference that you made to the 2 bar combo. You don't need to keep using it in your responses. It makes no sense to basically agree with me yet make it sound like you disagree and then drop some stupid reference in there that no one is actually using.

ji3 1 bar into mb freeze vortex:

ji3, 11b2 xx slide, u3, 22 iceberg mb, b3 ( move a bit or it might whiff), freeze mb, j2 2 - 43%

ji3, 11b2 xx slide, f113 iceberg mb, b3 ( again move a bit or it might whiff), freeze mb, j2 2 - 42% ( much easier version)

Last edited:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
1bar 45% No background bounce, no trait, 3 stock, no items, final destination:

J2 B1U3, U3 U3 22 MBiceberg b3 slide f1 daggers.

1bar BGBounce 46%:
j2 b1u3,u3,u3, 2xx mb iceberg b3 f1 BGBOUNCE J3/daggers
Ooooh I like, I like. For the first combo I added a F11~Ice Berg after the slide (NO J2 starter) for 43%.

raw slide 1 bar into vortexes:

slide, u3, u3 , f113 xx iceberg mb, dash u3 - 34% \ slide, u3, u3, u3, 11b2 iceberg mb, dash, u3 - 36%
slide, u3, u3, f113 xx iceberg mb, b3 ( move a bit so it doesn't whiff), freeze mb, j2 2 - 38%

I was just messing with corner trait combos that end in the vortex and damn I love what I've found.

TA after mb freeze in the corner:

f3, 111 xx frozen daggers. 111 xx frozen daggers, 111 xx slide, u3 , f113 xx freeze mb, j2, f113 - 53%
b1u3, f113 xx frozen daggers, 111 xx frozen daggers, 111 xx slide, u3 , f113 xx freeze mb, j2 , f113 - 56%

Daggers must be done close to the ground so both of them hit, even if 1 whiffs it doesn't work. The combo builds about 1 bar of meter, not to mention it looks awesome! It's easier on bigger characters, on smaller ones is tough, but still doable.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
You want corner damage? no problem

b1u3, f113, 111 xx iceberg MB, TA, 111 xx frozen daggers, 111 xx frozen daggers, 111 xx frozen daggers, 111 xx slide, u3 , f113 xx iceberg - 60%
Nice finds. Gonna have to check them out when return to my place of residence. Are there any tournaments in your immediate area for injustice coming up? I'd love to see more Frost play from you.

Nice finds. Gonna have to check them out when return to my place of residence. Are there any tournaments in your immediate area for injustice coming up? I'd love to see more Frost play from you.
Sadly there is no injustice scene here in Bulgaria. Literally 3 ppl including myself play at the moment. I'm forced to play online, where I can only do optimal combos with KF. Even online in europe there are not that many ppl, even less with good connection. I got show matches FT10 this Sunday with another bulgarian player - Error, who plays DD and DS, so you can see some footage then. That's why I'm in the lab so much lately, gotta improve my execution, cuz those max dmg combos/vortexes are really hard.

Sadly there is no injustice scene here in Bulgaria. Literally 3 ppl including myself play at the moment. I'm forced to play online, where I can only do optimal combos with KF. Even online in europe there are not that many ppl, even less with good connection. I got show matches FT10 this Sunday with another bulgarian player - Error, who plays DD and DS, so you can see some footage then. That's why I'm in the lab so much lately, gotta improve my execution, cuz those max dmg combos/vortexes are really hard.
oh i feel u... living in europe, thank god my account and cds are usps

A bit higher dmg bnb vortexes:

b1u3/f3, u3, u3, u3, 11b2 xx slide, u3 - 40%
b1u3/f3, u3, u3, u3, 11b2 xx slide, 2 xx freeze mb, j2 2 - 41%

So what are you guys using trait for/with? I find it most useful after mb parry, especially if you have some extra meter to burn:

mb parry, TA, b3, j3, u3x7, f113 xx slide, 3 xx iceberg/ 22 xx iceberg - 59% ( mb b3 - 65% ) ( you can switch f113 for the easier 11b2 or f112 and use f112 xx iceberg as a finisher, and its just 1% less) F3 also works for a starter, with more u3s. You can end in any vortex ofc, but this should pretty much end the round.

Are you guys using this or something similar?

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
So what are you guys using trait for/with? I find it most useful after mb parry, especially if you have some extra meter to burn:

mb parry, TA, b3, j3, u3x7, f113 xx slide, 3 xx iceberg/ 22 xx iceberg - 59% ( mb b3 - 65% ) ( you can switch f113 for the easier 11b2 or f112 and use f112 xx iceberg as a finisher, and its just 1% less) F3 also works for a starter, with more u3s. You can end in any vortex ofc, but this should pretty much end the round.

I never realized mb parry allowed a ta combo. That's awesome.

RunwayMafia

I had no idea trait could be activated after a MB parry (makes sense...they are frozen for a while). This is somewhat game changing for me because I land at least 3 or 4 MB parries in a match. This is fabulous. I'll go into the lab and see what combos I can come up with.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Wtf lol how else were you guys landing a TA combo? I thought everyone knew mb parry leads to a free TA combo.

RunwayMafia

Wtf lol how else were you guys landing a TA combo? I thought everyone knew mb parry leads to a free TA combo.
I know...I feel stupid as hell. I literally would only land a TA combo after MB Grab AND after them guessing wrong...lol.