What's new

Guide KILLER FROST - Living Combo Archive/Discussion (Archived)

MB parry -> TA -> Mbf3, have fun :)
I like mb b3 mid screen, a bit more dmg, but yeah mb f3 for the corner. And cuz u3 in the corner is buggy as hell, I like to do this:

mb parry, TA, mb f3, f113 xx frozen dagger,111 xx frozen daggers x2, 111 xx iceberg mb, f113 xx slide, u3 - 63% and back in the corner. This build like 1 bar, so mb iceberg is not a problem.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
So what are you guys using trait for/with? I find it most useful after mb parry, especially if you have some extra meter to burn:

mb parry, TA, b3, j3, u3x7, f113 xx slide, 3 xx iceberg/ 22 xx iceberg - 59% ( mb b3 - 65% ) ( you can switch f113 for the easier 11b2 or f112 and use f112 xx iceberg as a finisher, and its just 1% less) F3 also works for a starter, with more u3s. You can end in any vortex ofc, but this should pretty much end the round.

Are you guys using this or something similar?
If I have trait after parry I normally go into a F3 combo with more U3's from mid-screen, but I guess I never thought about starting with a B3...I will have to check out the damage I get when I go home. Otherwise after MB grab I will TA and go into b1u3 or f3 and the normal U3 non-sense. If I land a parry with my opponent cornered I will usually do 4 F113's in a row into a normal slide ender.

If I have trait after parry I normally go into a F3 combo with more U3's from mid-screen, but I guess I never thought about starting with a B3...I will have to check out the damage I get when I go home. Otherwise after MB grab I will TA and go into b1u3 or f3 and the normal U3 non-sense. If I land a parry with my opponent cornered I will usually do 4 F113's in a row into a normal slide ender.
B3 is 2% more, it's like you replace one u3 with j3, which is more damaging. Also, is there anything better for corner vortex than b1u3, f113 xx slide, u3, 11b2 xx freeze mb, j2 f113 - 39% (38% f3) , I can't find a more damaging option.

RiBBz22

B3 is 2% more, it's like you replace one u3 with j3, which is more damaging. Also, is there anything better for corner vortex than b1u3, f113 xx slide, u3, 11b2 xx freeze mb, j2 f113 - 39% (38% f3) , I can't find a more damaging option.
I don't like doing 11b2 into the command grab so I just do b1u3 f3 111 grab. If I think I can end the round on damage I sometimes end with 111 slide U3 11 iceberg MB B3 into stage transitions.

I don't like doing 11b2 into the command grab so I just do b1u3 f3 111 grab. If I think I can end the round on damage I sometimes end with 111 slide U3 11 iceberg MB B3 into stage transitions.
Yeah 11b2 to mb freeze takes some getting use to, also it's height dependable. For damage 11b2 xx iceberg mb is easy enough (b1u3, f113 xx slide, u3, 11b2 xx iceberg mb, b3 into transition is 45%).

RiBBz22

Yeah 11b2 to mb freeze takes some getting use to, also it's height dependable. For damage 11b2 xx iceberg mb is easy enough (b1u3, f113 xx slide, u3, 11b2 xx iceberg mb, b3 into transition is 45%).
Hmm, does b1u3, f3, 111 slide, u3, 11b2 iceberg work? I am guessing the opponent would be too low to have the b2 part hit. Not sure though.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Damn I was thinking about picking frost up again but you guys are way ahead of where I was when I dropped her. Seems like she's a full time character

RiBBz22

Damn I was thinking about picking frost up again but you guys are way ahead of where I was when I dropped her. Seems like she's a full time character
She is definitely a full time character. KF isn't dominated in any MU in my opinion, and she can compete with any character in the cast. Her problem is a lack of footsies outside of slide so you have to be creative and strong defensively to land hits.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Gurl please. ;)

She is definitely a full time character. KF isn't dominated in any MU in my opinion, and she can compete with any character in the cast. Her problem is a lack of footsies outside of slide so you have to be creative and strong defensively to land hits.
I, for once, completely agree with you. Btw, I'm going to resume my work on my stickied thread...I pretty much just have to make videos and such. Then we should have it front paged to show how put together we are. ;)

RiBBz22

Gurl please. ;)

I, for once, completely agree with you. Btw, I'm going to resume my work on my stickied thread...I pretty much just have to make videos and such. Then we should have it front paged to show how put together we are. ;)
Glad we are besties again buddy.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Also, I've decided to model my Frost after Sinestro players. Since I play a relatively defensive frost and land quite a few MB parries in a match, I'm going to charge trait right from the get go (opponent willing) and just have it prepped and ready to go. I've always been able to bait turtlers with trait cancelled into Iceberg, but now I'm just gonna have nearly full for if I need it/land a MB parry after they have clashed.

RiBBz22

Also, I've decided to model my Frost after Sinestro players. Since I play a relatively defensive frost and land quite a few MB parries in a match, I'm going to charge trait right from the get go (opponent willing) and just have it prepped and ready to go. I've always been able to bait turtlers with trait cancelled into Iceberg, but now I'm just gonna have nearly full for if I need it/land a MB parry after they have clashed.
Yeah pretty much the only way I use trait now is as bait for people looking to react off icebergs. Pretty much it's best use at the moment. If the baits start to limit my opponent's movement a bit I will charge it a bit more until it is near TA. Depending on what matchup I am playing I will parry more or less. People with low d1's are annoying so you kind of have to respect that more.

You could just do b1u3, f113, 3 xx slide, u3, 11b2 xx freeze mb, j2 f113 for 43%
That will do nicely, thanks.

Yeah, full time character for sure. I've been playing her since day 1 and I still struggle with some of her stuff, she requires insane execution. True about the lack of footsies, you have to be really patient or you will just get blown up. Online sucks for her as well, landing parry on string gaps is a pain. I've never even played a Frost mirror with a semi decent KF in Europe, I feel like no one plays her...

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Hhhmm I have a very basic frost. I main joker so I'm familiar with difficult execution. I just am looking at alts who are either fun to play or are good for absolutely atrocious matchups ie aquaman. I also like Harley, Grundy, Sinestro too though

RiBBz22

That will do nicely, thanks.

Yeah, full time character for sure. I've been playing her since day 1 and I still struggle with some of her stuff, she requires insane execution. True about the lack of footsies, you have to be really patient or you will just get blown up. Online sucks for her as well, landing parry on string gaps is a pain. I've never even played a Frost mirror with a semi decent KF in Europe, I feel like no one plays her...
Yeah, everytime I play a good Green Lantern and miss a parry between b12 or b13 I message them saying how my parry is a "combo me for free" button online...

I honestly don't think her execution is that bad at all. I think some of the grab cancels are difficult like 2 into grab or f11 into grab, but they are not needed to play the character at a high level.

RiBBz22

Yeah I am hitting it all the time now the way I do it is to mash out 11b2 as fast as possible after the u3 and make sure I cancel into the grab before the b2 part comes out of 11b2. Probably won't be doing this one online. Great damage though IMO
You could just do b1u3, f113, 3 xx slide, u3, 11b2 xx freeze mb, j2 f113 for 43%
Damn this is good as hell, but the 3 hitting really depends on the height you hit the juggle on the F113 and I would probably stay away from it in a match, but damn if you can get that down it is very very good...

I honestly don't think her execution is that bad at all. I think some of the grab cancels are difficult like 2 into grab or f11 into grab, but they are not needed to play the character at a high level.
I have yet to see a set with a KF player in any tournament that never drops a combo, and they aren't even using the best combos most of the time. True that you can use the easier versions, but that means less damage and in high level play that matters. It's hard to open up some characters, and you gotta use all the damage you can get to finish em off. Why don't I ever see a GL, SM, MMH, BA and most of the cast drop a combo? Even for a "high" execution character like Flash I rarely see them drop one. It's not like we have that many KF players, but we have some damn good ones, so that can't be the issue. Trait combo activation, corner juggles, mb grab cancels/links, max range mb iceberg dash slide combo and many more, I feel like KF is one of the hardest to play to the fullest in the game. At least for me that's determination to get better each day and I'm sure I'll never get bored of her.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
an easier 40% combo is b1u3, 2, 2, 2, 3~slide, u3, 11b2~mb.freeze, j2 f113
another easy 40% alternative is b1u3, 2, f113~slide, u3, 11b2~mb.freeze, j2 f113

a cool 37% corner combo is b1u3, 2, 2, 2, f113, 111~slide, u3
a fun 35% is b1u3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 111~slide, u3

RiBBz22

Man, I hate 11b2 grab, I land the grab only about half the time. I feel like there are too many factors getting it to hit consistently.

Man, I hate 11b2 grab, I land the grab only about half the time. I feel like there are too many factors getting it to hit consistently.
She has way too many inconsistent cancels. I hate f113 xx slide in the normal vortex, 11b2 after 3 u3s, standing 3 in the corner after f113. 11b2 grab is not that hard, but yeah it's not like you can depend on it ... Playing online all the times also doesn't help to improve her execution, damn it.

RiBBz22

She has way too many inconsistent cancels. I hate f113 xx slide in the normal vortex, 11b2 after 3 u3s, standing 3 in the corner after f113. 11b2 grab is not that hard, but yeah it's not like you can depend on it ... Playing online all the times also doesn't help to improve her execution, damn it.
Yeah the problem I have with 11b2 into grab is that when I do it when it hits it is hard to tell what height will hit and which one will miss. Sometimes the grab catches them..then the next time I practice it it seems like I hit it the exact same way but the grab doesn't catch.

I hit b13 f3 1 111 grab MB j2 f113 about 100% of the time so I might just end up sticking with that. 11b2 seems like it is the key to mastering for that extra 4-5 % but it feels like the kind of thing that has too many elements to hit 100% consistent to me.