What's new

Killer Frost ~ "Let me draw the heat from your bones, the fire from your heart"

Courtney

Burn in my Light
okay just gonna ask why the hell do we have a killer frost thread when she hasn't been revealed
I should make a Captain Cold thread
Some dedicated Killer Frost fan made it cause someone asked who's Killer Frost in the thread about female characters, you should do a Captain Cold thread tho he could use some light shined on him

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Some of you people really don't understand what the main problem with a character like Killer Frost is, do you?
In this thread we even had a weirdo who said that because Killer Frost had one or two appearances in animated movies / shows, she would be relevant enough for this game, which is plain and simple BS.

The problem is that she steals away the spot of a character like Captain Cold, who has far more representation than Killer Frost. FAR MORE.
Especially in comic books.

As Reedoms said it, when it comes to comic books Killer Frost wasn't relevant in years.
And as I already said it, this is a fighting game based on comic book characters and not animated shows. While it might be true that this game already has some references to the shows, like for example Cyborgs: "Booyah", the main problem still remains:

It's "disrespectful" to be so stubborn and to demand a character like Killer Frost over a character like Captain Cold, simply because you think she was amazing in that show. It's probably not disrespectful to the characters, but to other people, who know more about you and who care more about you.
You turn on the television every Saturday to watch the show or you look up at Youtube for the scenes with that character and for you that's more than enough to justify your opinion, while I and many others (had) and have to spend money on comic books to read and learn more about these characters.
You watch one episode for free, while we spend so many real life Bison dollars on the comics; to own them and maybe even to have a collection.

You can request Killer Frost as much as you want, but fuck damn, stop being so stupid and saying that she is a better character than Captain Cold, or that she deserves the spot more.
She isn't, she doesn't and that that it matters what you say anyway, since most of you don't know either one of these two characters.
Here's how I read this post:

Some of you people really don't understand what the main problem with a character like Red Hood is, do you?

The problem is that he steals away the spot of a character like Anyone Else, who has far more representation than Red Hood. FAR MORE.
Especially in comic books.

As Reedoms said it, when it comes to comic books Red Hood wasn't relevant in years.

It's "disrespectful" to be so stubborn and to demand a character like Red Hood over a character like Anyone Else, simply because you think he was amazing

You can request Red Hood as much as you want, but fuck damn, stop being so stupid and saying that he is a better character than Anyone Else, or that he deserves the spot more.
He isn't, he doesn't and not that it matters what you say anyway, since most of you go outside occasionally.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
<SALT>

You can request Killer Frost as much as you want, but fuck damn, stop being so stupid and saying that she is a better character than Captain Cold, or that she deserves the spot more.
She isn't, she doesn't and that that it matters what you say anyway, since most of you don't know either one of these two characters.

Oh, sorry for having an opinion man, I didn't know it bothered you.

Get your head out of your ass.

It almost seems as if you didn't expect the people in the Killer Frost thread to favor Killer Frost over Captain Cold.

People know that they like them, and that's all that really matters dude.

And just because you can list every Killer Frost or Captain Cold appearance by heart or some shit doesn't give you any leeway in an argument for or against that character, not in this game.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
What can I say? Stupid is as stupid does? Life is a series of disappointments culminating in a very big one?

I like you Deutschmann (shit, you are from Germany right? I'd hate it if I'm confusing you with someone...), but requesting Red Hood is equally as dumb as requesting Killer Frost. And I actually don't think any character request is dumb, really.

Except for that seven day stretch last month where I kept seeing fucking Sportsmaster get mentioned. That shit's pretty dumb.

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
When it comes to being a cool character: Killer Frost > Captain Cold.
When it comes to being a badass character: Killer Frost >Captain Cold.
When it comes to being a more relevant character: Killer Frost > Captain Cold.(never read comics with Cold in them but I doubt he's done anything significant)
When it comes to wearing a Parka: Captain Cold > Killer Frost
He's done way more than Killer Frost, I tell you that.

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
I remember Killer Frost made it into that "Justice League Heroes" game from a while back. She's gonna be in that new "Young Justice: Legacy" XBLA/PSN game coming up too.

Seems like she's the go-to ice character whenever DC wants to make a video game about the DC universe.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I remember Killer Frost made it into that "Justice League Heroes" game from a while back. She's gonna be in that new "Young Justice: Legacy" XBLA/PSN game coming up too.

Seems like she's the go-to ice character whenever DC wants to make a video game about the DC universe.
For the life of me I can't understand why, she's not terrible or anything, she's just not really ever used as much as other ice-related villains are in the comics... maybe they are trying to give her a boost?

Courtney

Burn in my Light

They even put Icicle in that game, seems outside of Comics Captain Cold always gets the short end of the stick

What can I say? Stupid is as stupid does? Life is a series of disappointments culminating in a very big one?

I like you Deutschmann (shit, you are from Germany right? I'd hate it if I'm confusing you with someone...), but requesting Red Hood is equally as dumb as requesting Killer Frost. And I actually don't think any character request is dumb, really.

Except for that seven day stretch last month where I kept seeing fucking Sportsmaster get mentioned. That shit's pretty dumb.
Ja, ich bin ein Deutscher.
And what you came up with is very stupid, for so many reasons (oh and the two biggest Raven fanboys on this board liked that).

1) There is a huge difference between my requests for Red Hood and the Raven screams until she finally got revealed. I barely ever mention Red Hood, while few stupid people here hijack nearly every single thread with mentioning Raven, even if it's vastly out of the context.

2) There are actually not that many B-Listers who had more representation than Red Hood during the last decade, especially in the Batman comics, which cover up a good amount of the entire DC universe.

3) Red Hood was featured in an amazing DC animated movie 2-3 years ago or something, which is - by many - considered as the best animated DC movie so far.

4) Red Hood has his own on-going right now and guess what, it didn't get cancelled yet, while you can't say the same for Deathstrokes comic, a character someone like you would consider as more important and valueable.

What has Killer Frost done recently?
Hell, what has Raven done recently?
Nothing.

SLy

Noob
4) Red Hood has his own on-going right now and guess what, it didn't get cancelled yet, while you can't say the same for Deathstrokes comic, a character someone like you would consider as more important and valueable
Actually The only reason Deathstrokes comic didn't do so well is because it was in the hands of what everybody considers the WORST comic book artist of all time.. Rob Liefeld. I believe it was written by him to..

It was a good concept but in the hands of the wrong people. It had nothing to do with the Character at all.

Actually The only reason Deathstrokes comic didn't do so well is because it was in the hands of what everybody considers the WORST comic book artist of all time.. Rob Liefeld. I believe it was written by him to..
No. You don't know REALLY bad artists.

It was a good concept but in the hands of the wrong people. It had nothing to do with the Character at all.
That's not for you to decide, but for all the people who didn't buy his comic, or simply downloaded it, because they didn't give enough fucks about the character to spend money on him.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Ja, ich bin ein Deutscher.
And what you came up with is very stupid, for so many reasons (oh and the two biggest Raven fanboys on this board liked that).

1) There is a huge difference between my requests for Red Hood and the Raven screams until she finally got revealed. I barely ever mention Red Hood, while few stupid people here hijack nearly every single thread with mentioning Raven, even if it's vastly out of the context.

2) There are actually not that many B-Listers who have more representation than Red Hood during the last decade, especially in the Batman comics, which cover up a good amount of the entire DC universe.

3) Red Hood was featured in an amazing DC animated movie 2-3 years ago or something, which is - by many - considered as the best animated DC movie so far.

4) Red Hood has his own on-going right now and guess what, it didn't get cancelled yet, while you can't say the same for Deathstrokes comic, a character someone like you would consider as more important and valueable.

What has Killer Frost done recently?
Hell, what has Raven done recently?
Nothing.
this.this.this.this.this.this.
im a huge Red Hood fan but even putting that aside he's perfect for this game, if he was in the game his story would tie in with the game's story perfectly seeing as the game revolves around the guy who killed him and Superman finally decides to start killing, and with the line between hero and villain not so clear his usualt anti hero role wouldnt change. he's also a great hand to fighter and could serve as a rival for Nightwing. there are so many options for them to put Hood in the game so i dont see how anyone could think requesting him is stupid just because there are already 6 batman related characters (even though 2 have their own ongoing comics and 1 doesnt currently appear in any batbooks -__-).

SLy

Noob
No. You don't know REALLY bad artists.
Do you really wanna go there??

Anyone who is an artist and Familiar with the human anatomy knows that these proportions are terribly off.. He is infamously known for this.... But I don't know bad artist.

SLy

Noob
Lmfao why is this guy even drawing comics?
Exactly lol.. He Just retired sometime last year..

People like me and many others that's aware of his past didn't even bother to give it a chance. The people that didn't bought it...
And you can tell by the weak sales that the people in charge of making this comic made a hell of a big difference.

So once again.. This had nothing to do with the Character but the people behind them.. The sales prove it.

So let me get this straight the only thing we have for Killer frost is a blurrly achievement picture that seems to have a woman in the middle with white hair.. I´m not holding my breath for her..

Just on a side note on the new roster image, we see Raven on the hero side of the roster so maybe the woman in the middle could also be a hero just saying..