What's new

Killer Frost ~ "Let me draw the heat from your bones, the fire from your heart"

Do you really wanna go there??
Bitch please.

This guy now was drawing Spider-Man comics for quite a while and this picture now is one of the better drawings he came up with.
Right now I'm not able to provide worse content, but believe me - he has even more terrible stuff to offer which would make you cry.

Deathstrokes cancellation did not only happen, because his art was bad. That decision was made before, because the sales actually did struggle.
Also, the first few Deathstroke comics had very, very good art and DC / Marvel don't decide after the first 3 comics which don't sell well, to cancel it.

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
What has Killer Frost done recently?
Hell, what has Raven done recently?
Nothing.
I'm sure there are plenty of other DC characters that are more popular and relevant in the comics that wont make it in Injustice because they don't provide any significant opportunities for moveset/visual diversity. This game already has two gun users (Harley and Deathstroke) but it doesn't have an ice character, and before yesterday it didn't really have a magic-style character so Killer Frost and Raven are reasonable choices.

SLy

Noob
(sigh).. This guy still sucks..

Type in "Worst comic book Artists" on google.. and see what happens lol

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
1) There is a huge difference between my requests for Red Hood and the Raven screams until she finally got revealed. I barely ever mention Red Hood, while few stupid people here hijack nearly every single thread with mentioning Raven, even if it's vastly out of the context.
Which is still vaguely tolerable because at least their unreasonable levels of batshit insanity were directed at a character that was going to show up as more than a Deathstroke alt.

2) There are actually not that many B-Listers who had more representation than Red Hood during the last decade, especially in the Batman comics, which cover up a good amount of the entire DC universe.

3) Red Hood was featured in an amazing DC animated movie 2-3 years ago or something, which is - by many - considered as the best animated DC movie so far.
Yeah, I don't know about/care for comics or cartoons. Was really just screwing with you.

4) Red Hood has his own on-going right now and guess what, it didn't get cancelled yet, while you can't say the same for Deathstrokes comic, a character someone like you would consider as more important and valueable.
Doch! Ganz falsch, Deutscher. Had zero idea who Deathstroke was before I saw him in this game. And I wouldn't care too much if he disappeared. Go figure I actually prefer Red Hood on the basis of cooler costume, better name.

Auch kein Witz, mein Deutsch ist Scheiße. That's what you get when you know nothing but what you taught yourself on a whim in 8th grade. Is the eszett still even in use? I remember reading something somewhere about how there was some campaign or something to phase it out a while back. XD

Reedoms

Noob
Deathstrokes cancellation did not only happen, because his art was bad. That decision was made before, because the sales actually did struggle. Also, the first few Deathstroke comics had very, very good art and DC / Marvel don't decide after the first 3 comics which don't sell well, to cancel it.
The sales dropped BECAUSE Liefeld started writing and doing the art for 8 or 9 issues. Every book Liefeld goes on gets cancelled after 8 issues. Hawk and Dove, Deathstroke, Savage Hawkman, Grifter etc. etc. And books do get cancelled after 3 or 4 issues of bad sales because that's exactly what happened to Sword of Sorcery. It was announced for cancellation after 4 issues and it's ending on 8.

Reactions: SLy
Hmm, CAW Evolution just posted this. He thinks the woman in the center of the achievement pic is actually wearing a hood.

I like and hate this image, because I see the point, but at the same time the "colors" doesn't prove anything >.>; it's like some people look at the colors and they're like by god! he's right!

the reason I don't buy it and like I said before. Look under the right purple outline. Below it where the hood SHOULD continue. there is orange there... and that's part of death stroke. If that's a hood it has a funny ass looking shape.

The sales dropped BECAUSE Liefeld started writing and doing the art for 8 or 9 issues. Every book Liefeld goes on gets cancelled after 8 issues. Hawk and Dove, Deathstroke, Savage Hawkman, Grifter etc. etc. And books do get cancelled after 3 or 4 issues of bad sales because that's exactly what happened to Sword of Sorcery. It was announced for cancellation after 4 issues and it's ending on 8.
Liefeld is a hack. There's a reason why I only have a handful of early Image comics in my collection. That period in the 90's when that style of art was popular was the dregs.

I believe he walked out on Deathstroke. And it's a shame about SOC. I would have liked to see where that would have gone.

Lantern's Light

Member Of the Martian Manhunter Brigade .
So let me get this straight the only thing we have for Killer frost is a blurrly achievement picture that seems to have a woman in the middle with white hair.. I´m not holding my breath for her..

Just on a side note on the new roster image, we see Raven on the hero side of the roster so maybe the woman in the middle could also be a hero just saying..
the new roster image is a decoy. it only has 24 slot when we know that the game has at least 27 in game characters. and doomsday,Hawkgirl and shazam arent shown

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I missed bad comic book art hour? Goddamn.

Ah, well. I don't have my Greg Land folder anymore, anyway.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm sorry but it's not a sodding coincidence that everything happens to have written/drawn in the New 52 by Liefeld has been cancelled. It's not the bloody characters, it's his shite art, the fact that he can't draw hands holding things, or feet correctly. The fact that he puts a thousand pouches on all his costume designs and the fact that he ran storylines into the ground.

It's not the characters that got low sales, it's the fact that no one likes to spend money on garbage.

Edit: (Okay Hawk & Dove had terrible art, story and characters)

There are other books with equaly unknown characters, where it's hard to get the same sales as for the big guns and these books got cancelled as well.
You say that Liefeld is the reason why Grifter got cancelled, and I say the reason for that is because Grifter was a very boring book from the beginning of the new 52, even when the art was good.
The same applies for Hawk and Dove and in my own personal, honest opinion Deathstroke. And I actually like Deathstroke and Grifter as characters, but boring ass stories are boring ass stories.

Hell, even Mr. Terrific had his own book and I would like to see the idiots who thought that book would sell well.

I remember Killer Frost made it into that "Justice League Heroes" game from a while back. She's gonna be in that new "Young Justice: Legacy" XBLA/PSN game coming up too.

Seems like she's the go-to ice character whenever DC wants to make a video game about the DC universe.
They even put Icicle in that game, seems outside of Comics Captain Cold always gets the short end of the stick
I honestly think you can blame Bruce Timm for those examples. Both of them are based on/inspired by his cartoons.

I love the guy, but he cleary and unfortunately doesn't give a shit about The Flash.

That's why we still haven't seen a Flash solo animated film. Timm is actually on record as saying he doesn't think Flash has a good iconic story to be made into a film.

They only just recently decided to do a "Flashpoint" film... but even then, it'll be titled "Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox".

Timm created only ONE episode of JLU with The Rogues as the focal point... and he uses Captain Cold as a throwaway joke on Young Justice. It makes me sick.

Lantern's Light

I honestly think you can blame Bruce Timm for those examples. Both of them are based on/inspired by his cartoons.

I love the guy, but he cleary and unfortunately doesn't give a shit about The Flash.

That's why we still haven't seen a Flash solo animated film. Timm is actually on record as saying he doesn't think Flash has a good iconic story to be made into a film.

They only just recently decided to do a "Flashpoint" film... but even then, it'll be titled "Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox".

Timm created only ONE episode of JLU with The Rogues as the focal point... and he uses Captain Cold as a throwaway joke on Young Justice. It makes me sick.
to be fair, that episode was written by Geoff Johns

i thought the devs said this game would have the same number as the final roster from, MK9?
They said they found a sweet spot with the roster, but that could mean they want to do less is more with this one. However, I'm fairly certain that we'll be getting an even roster number this time. But I also think that 24 is likely to be the main roster before unlockables.

Courtney

Burn in my Light

Oh this makes a lot of sense, I couldn't understand why Flash comic fans(I do now) loved Captain Cold so much while me and most my friends always thought of him as a joke

Lantern's Light

They said they found a sweet spot with the roster, but that could mean they want to do less is more with this one.
somehow i doubt it. Hector said they werent even half way through when we had twelve characters revealed

However, I'm fairly certain that we'll be getting an even roster number this time. But I also think that 24 is likely to be the main roster before unlockables.
oh, well im fine with unlockables.

to be fair, that episode was written by Geoff Johns
The JLU episode?

I'm on IMDB and don't see him credited.

That doesn't really change anything though. They used handfuls of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and even a couple Aquaman villains throughout the DCAU. And Green Lantern has had two full-length animated movies plus his very own series (though very very unfortunately cancelled :( ).

With the Rogues, I see so much potential, and Timm limited them to just one freakin' episode. Almost like an "Okay, let's get them out of the way." sort of thing.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Gorilla Grodd was the primary antagonist of an entire arc, and he's primarily considered a Flash villain. Circe got one episode, Ares got an episode, Cheetah appeared here and there as a very minor threat. Black Manta existed to get shot in the face.

The Rogues aren't the only major villains that got very little airtime, but they had a really excellent episode.

And the Flash himself had great characterization throughout the series (enough to make him a fan favourite and Wally West perhaps the most recognized Flash), perhaps the greatest hero moment in the series, and his death in a parallel timeline formed the basis of the entire Cadmus and President Luthor arc.

Timm might think the Flash doesn't have a story that'd make a great movie, but I don't think he doesn't appreciate the character.

Gorilla Grodd was the primary antagonist of an entire arc, and he's primarily considered a Flash villain. Circe got one episode, Ares got an episode, Cheetah appeared here and there as a very minor threat. Black Manta existed to get shot in the face.

The Rogues aren't the only major villains that got very little airtime, but they had a really excellent episode.

And the Flash himself had great characterization throughout the series (enough to make him a fan favourite and Wally West perhaps the most recognized Flash), perhaps the greatest hero moment in the series, and his death in a parallel timeline formed the basis of the entire Cadmus and President Luthor arc.

Timm might think the Flash doesn't have a story that'd make a great movie, but I don't think he doesn't appreciate the character.
You're forgetting Giganta (Wonder Woman villain) who made a good couple appearances. And Orm (aka Ocean Master) who had two episodes.

Circe, as a singular character, got her own episode.

Ares, as a singular character, got his own episode. Plus a full movie.

The Rogues got clumped together and tossed aside.

Furthermore, to repeat myself, Captain Cold is treated like a total dunce in Young Justice. He's thrown away like trash at the beginning of an episode. They made him a jobber.

Oh, and that bit about Wally West being recognized as Flash also upsets me since I'm a Barry Allen fan. :p

If it is Killer frost for the love of god please give her atleast one costume were she wears a ice crown that would be awsome..