What's new

Match-up Discussion Killer Frost In-Depth Analysis for Match-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
What is killing you in the corner? You can parry and blow up both options of her 50/50.
KF can't parry Lasso Stance 33 or Sword Stance b+2, both of which lows, lead into massive combos, and are safe. WW is a complete terror in the corner, any hit (even from a farther out LS b+2) can convert into 50%+ meterless damage, and she's got the frame traps to make you respect her.

Wonder Woman definitely got a nice buff in the last patch. She is one of the best characters in the game now, I'd say. Anytime you have one of the top characters in the hands of a good player, particularly one that knows the KF MU well, it isn't going to be a walk in the park. If she is ready for your slides and parries, particularly if they know which hits can't be parried, then it won't be as simple as if they didn't. WW has good air moves, and projectiles, so she isn't like another power character trying to get in close that you can easily jump-dash over as they try to back you into the corner.

There are better players who might have different opinions, I know I'm a random here, but I tend to try to go for maps that have nice interactables in the corners that I can use. Ferris and Atlantis are a couple that come to mind. On Ferris you can use everything but the rocket in the middle (well, for a divekick, yeah), the gas canisters, the tool cabinet, the rocket launcher on the right side, and the big metal tube on the left side.

I would also think it might not hurt to mix-up your game a little. If WW is expecting just either a Slide or a Parry, there's always trying some fast normals chained into a combo. For example, WW might not be expecting 1,1, MB Iceberg, into Slide, u3, u3, 2, 2, etc.... Or MB f3. Also knowing which moves have knock back. Just some ideas, hope they help.

tax

Noob
btw about scorpion's nerfed flip kick: it seems you can only punish flip kick at zero range, and that if you're holding back to block flip kick it's likely your back input moved you too far to punish. ideally you want to block it crouching.

this is actually not a big deal because most scorpions do it on wakeup, and if you're going in for a wakeup mix-up you'll be at zero range anyway. right now i'm punishing with d1~slide; 111~slide works too.

redeyes

Button Masher

im that WW and dude no offence but anyone can read u like a damn book

you beat me like 2 times out of 10 with KF vs my WW.

its a fair MU Parry fucks WW over she really cant do much. you dont use it though. you just slide
and yeah u beat king online with KF. cookie or sticker for online yolo KF

redeyes

Button Masher
Wonder Woman definitely got a nice buff in the last patch. She is one of the best characters in the game now, I'd say. Anytime you have one of the top characters in the hands of a good player, particularly one that knows the KF MU well, it isn't going to be a walk in the park. If she is ready for your slides and parries, particularly if they know which hits can't be parried, then it won't be as simple as if they didn't. WW has good air moves, and projectiles, so she isn't like another power character trying to get in close that you can easily jump-dash over as they try to back you into the corner.

There are better players who might have different opinions, I know I'm a random here, but I tend to try to go for maps that have nice interactables in the corners that I can use. Ferris and Atlantis are a couple that come to mind. On Ferris you can use everything but the rocket in the middle (well, for a divekick, yeah), the gas canisters, the tool cabinet, the rocket launcher on the right side, and the big metal tube on the left side.

I would also think it might not hurt to mix-up your game a little. If WW is expecting just either a Slide or a Parry, there's always trying some fast normals chained into a combo. For example, WW might not be expecting 1,1, MB Iceberg, into Slide, u3, u3, 2, 2, etc.... Or MB f3. Also knowing which moves have knock back. Just some ideas, hope they help.

WW hasnt been touched by any patches besides fixing her d1 on hit damage.
anytime you have a top char vs someone who knows the KF MU? dude its high level u better know ur MUs.
also WW would love for you to use a corner interactable B3MBDC and punish ur 25% for 50% worth it? nah
A lot of KF's abuse MB f3 a lot already yo where you at under a rock?
and for that combo it should be 11 slide on hit or 111 trait on block to be +1o or w/e on block and go for ur 50/50

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
im that WW and dude no offence but anyone can read u like a damn book

you beat me like 2 times out of 10 with KF vs my WW.

its a fair MU Parry fucks WW over she really cant do much. you dont use it though. you just slide
and yeah u beat king online with KF. cookie or sticker for online yolo KF
you....

On a serious note, I saw you at 8way doing your thing. Good shit, however I am noticing some level of hostility:

I thought I made it fairly clear that I was getting wrecked by you. That's kinda what the post was about. I mentioned that I'm undefeated against King. Never said I used Frost on him, however we HAVE faced many times, including week 1, where I never even knew what a YOLO slide was and it slipped my mind that she was a character. The nonsensical messages I usually send you post match were an indication of my ire in a satirical manner, however I noticed your confusion as to just what the hell I was going on about. To clarify, I was congratulating your victories by showing just how badly I was getting beat (Read the messages again)

Just want to clear the air. I think you're a great player, but I am sworn to eliminate gangs in general, hence my hunting of your members.

EDIT: C88 REAL HARRIS has fallen.

That's another one of your comrades I have vanquished.

Well, I'm not going to argue FGs with Khaotik.

I was playing around with post-patch WW coming down between her and Batgirl to consider using against Hawkgirl. I think the best case for WW is that she is really well-balanced. She's a power character, with good air moves, a versatile projectile that can go ground-to-ground, air-to-air, ground-to-air, or air-to-ground, a parry of her own, etc. She can be a beast up close, but still has medium and long range options, and good mobility to work in. With some characters it is more obvious with one or two great moves, like KF's Slide, Scorpion's Teleport, BA's divekick, Batgirl's Smoke Bomb, and so on. Changing stance doesn't leap out as much, but I think they sped up a lot of her normals and such to make up for it, even though it wasn't made obvious in the Patch Notes. Chaotik and 16 Bit might not be afraid of her, then again, Super Grandmasters Lev Aronian and Hikaru Nakamura might not be afraid of the Sicilian Dragon defense in Chess, but the rest of us mortals need to keep on our toes against it.

Are you whomping WW even post-patch?

redeyes

Button Masher
you....

On a serious note, I saw you at 8way doing your thing. Good shit, however I am noticing some level of hostility:

I thought I made it fairly clear that I was getting wrecked by you. That's kinda what the post was about. I mentioned that I'm undefeated against King. Never said I used Frost on him, however we HAVE faced many times, including week 1, where I never even knew what a YOLO slide was and it slipped my mind that she was a character. The nonsensical messages I usually send you post match were an indication of my ire in a satirical manner, however I noticed your confusion as to just what the hell I was going on about. To clarify, I was congratulating your victories by showing just how badly I was getting beat (Read the messages again)

Just want to clear the air. I think you're a great player, but I am sworn to eliminate gangs in general, hence my hunting of your members.

EDIT: C88 REAL HARRIS has fallen.

That's another one of your comrades I have vanquished.

take out as many as you want. you cant stop an amazon.

Rickyraws

take out as many as you want. you cant stop an amazon.
That's what I was getting at ;)

Face me. 1V1. Right now. Let's do this.

In fact those other matches were all flukes.

I threw them because I was helping a friend with a hustle and made the mob boss lose money by throwing the match.

My buddy and I made a killing. Yes....THAT'S the real reason I lost.

Let's go.

Now.

Show me what you got.

Can't stop.
Won't stop.

Frost lyfe.

redeyes

Button Masher
That's what I was getting at ;)

Face me. 1V1. Right now. Let's do this.

In fact those other matches were all flukes.

I threw them because I was helping a friend with a hustle and made the mob boss lose money by throwing the match.

My buddy and I made a killing. Yes....THAT'S the real reason I lost.

Let's go.

Now.

Show me what you got.

studying for finals or i would.

btw i did horrible at 8 on the break. my nerves ate me alive. did manage to beat flux's KF

Rickyraws

studying for finals or i would.

btw i did horrible at 8 on the break. my nerves ate me alive. did manage to beat flux's KF
I noticed. You kept messing up your input and up Tiara-ing at the most inopportune times.

I was actually upset you lost to that YOLO Lantern. Wanted you to go far. Not that I was rooting for a member of the wretched C88 cult.... I was rooting for you as a player.

Studying for finals.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I'll grant your request for more time to prepare in lieu of fear, but you shall not escape me forever.

That is all for now.

Also, speaking of eating alive: did you sample the 4 dollar Cheese steak deal? Statistically doing so actually helps your tourney odds. To go all that way and not do so would be a travesty. However a travesty most fitting of the C88 scum, so I guess it's understandable if you haven't...

redeyes

Button Masher
I noticed. You kept messing up your input and up Tiara-ing at the most inopportune times.

I was actually upset you lost to that YOLO Lantern. Wanted you to go far. Not that I was rooting for a member of the wretched C88 cult.... I was rooting for you as a player.

Studying for finals.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I'll grant your request for more time to prepare in lieu of fear, but you shall not escape me forever.

That is all for now.

Also, did you sample the 4 dollar Cheese steak deal? Statistically doing so actually helps your tourney odds.

i know i need to work on my nerves & i think i have what it takes to go far maybe even win :cool:

tomorrow are my last 2 finals after that im Done high school other then graduation so hey let me study :p

and nah i wasnt hungry my adderal makes me lose my appetite

Rickyraws

i know i need to work on my nerves & i think i have what it takes to go far maybe even win :cool:

tomorrow are my last 2 finals after that im Done high school other then graduation so hey let me study :p

and nah i wasnt hungry my adderal makes me lose my appetite
High school? Hm, maybe I need to rewatch the footage but you looked older than that. Good luck on the finals. I remember high school....*sigh*.....I feel like an old man ;_;

I actually didn't think you'd run into trouble on your way through the ranks. Thought at the very least you'd play KDZ, who seems to be dominating week after week with Superman. It was obviously nerves, though, I knew it right away. Not making excuses, I DO play like an absolute idiot more often than not, but I would advise you not to take our past matches as an indication of what you're up against.
I didn't choose the Frost lyfe; the Frost lyfe chose me.

When this goes down, someone please record it.
Yes. This would be ideal. I need people to witness my loss if I continue to play like a fool, for I will deserve it.
However, should I succeed, I will inspire hope, and instill courage in the hearts of the young men and women who wish to stand up against the C88 menace.

redeyes

Button Masher
High school? Hm, maybe I need to rewatch the footage but you looked older than that. Good luck on the finals. I remember high school....*sigh*.....I feel like an old man ;_;

I actually didn't think you'd run into trouble on your way through the ranks. Thought at the very least you'd play KDZ, who seems to be dominating week after week with Superman. It was obviously nerves, though, I knew it right away. Not making excuses, I DO play like an absolute idiot more often than not, but I would advise you not to take our past matches as an indication of what you're up against.
I didn't choose the Frost lyfe; the Frost lyfe chose me.

Yes. This would be ideal. I need people to witness my loss if I continue to play like a fool, for I will deserve it.
However, should I succeed, I will inspire hope, and instill courage in the hearts of the young men and women who wish to stand up against the C88 menace.

im 18 but im like 6'3 and look old for my age.

i didnt play like myself. i was scared to play aggresive at all i felt like i was always trying to be defensive, i could not get my frame traps to work to save my life, & i kept doing D12 too quickly and getting d1 up tiara -_-

Rickyraws

im 18 but im like 6'3 and look old for my age.

i didnt play like myself. i was scared to play aggresive at all i felt like i was always trying to be defensive, i could not get my frame traps to work to save my life, & i kept doing D12 too quickly and getting d1 up tiara -_-
You live far away? Head back there Tuesday, I've no doubt you'll do better. I just want to see you take down KDZ and the regulars.

redeyes

Button Masher
You live far away? Head back there Tuesday, I've no doubt you'll do better. I just want to see you take down KDZ and the regulars.

hour away i may take a week break off cause i went with 4 friends and they all went 0-2 one with 1-2 but his 1 win was with one of our friends. they all wana level up so this week may just be hardcore leveling up then next tuesday ill be back.

Rickyraws

hour away i may take a week break off cause i went with 4 friends and they all went 0-2 one with 1-2 but his 1 win was with one of our friends. they all wana level up so this week may just be hardcore leveling up then next tuesday ill be back.
I see. Well I'll be keeping an eye out. I'll no doubt bring it if we're to face online, and I've got some leveling of my own to do. If there's any other member you know of who's C88 who you'd say is one of the best, I'd like to know who that would be. Went through all the names of the members that play player and ranked matches and again, you're the only one I recall difficulty with. This alone showsthat you're better than you showed at the break if you're the best member.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I haven't really played any WWs worth mentioning, but I have ran that matchup tons of times since release to get a pretty good idea on the MU and WW herself. The two best WWs I've played are Mr. Mileena and REO and I did very well against them.

I'm not saying ww Sucks or that KF beats her, I just don't see why she's a threat or this huge underrated character. A lot of people say she's insane but I just haven't seen it. Hopefully foxy will open up my eyes. He's the only hope I have left for WW at this point.

redeyes

Button Masher
I haven't really played any WWs worth mentioning, but I have ran that matchup tons of times since release to get a pretty good idea on the MU and WW herself. The two best WWs I've played are Mr. Mileena and REO and I did very well against them.

I'm not saying ww Sucks or that KF beats her, I just don't see why she's a threat or this huge underrated character. A lot of people say she's insane but I just haven't seen it. Hopefully foxy will open up my eyes. He's the only hope I have left for WW at this point.

she is underrated to most of the coummunity. were like freaking lex players theres like 8 of us. high level players like reo and TB will tell you not to sleep on her but the rest of us underrate her cause know one knows what she can do. it was like skarlet for like her first year and a half of MK life lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.