What's new

Match-up Discussion Killer Frost In-Depth Analysis for Match-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
On reaction to the teleport I done a slide and it beat the sektor teleport. Whether it dodges the overhead one i don't know because I haven't bought the dlc.
The matchup for Killer Frost seems like every other matchup, free until you touch them

On reaction to the teleport I done a slide and it beat the sektor teleport. Whether it dodges the overhead one i don't know because I haven't bought the dlc.
The matchup for Killer Frost seems like every other matchup, free until you touch them
I'm not too worried about raw sektor teleports, or random overhead teleports really.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I haven't played a good MMH. All the ones I play don't know what the fuck they are doing.

Im scared I may run into a good one at SJ and get blown up. Idk the mu at all

What is best done after f23 icebreath?
No one best option, it's more like rock paper scissors.

MB parry beats another F2.
D2 beats airdash.
D2 loses to F2.
MB parry is punished by airdash j2.

He can also wait a second and bait out either response and punish. The new breath pushes you too far back to check with d1. "Nerf" my ass....

Belial

Noob
slide beats all he does but jump or 223 (also beat parry)
I dont think airdash j2 beats parry also.
parry beats f2 and dash f2

xKhaoTik

What are you guys doing about MMH's overhead tele?

I went into the lab today and figured out quite a few ways to beat it:

D2: way too strict. The timing has to be perfect as he is coming down.
Backdash: way too strict. The radius of the tele will still hit you if you back dashed to early or late
NJ 1/2/3: this worked easily. It looks like his overhead has no priority against her air attacks, as I was hitting him out of it very convincingly. Combos into slide as well.
Jump Away 1/2/3: this worked easily as well and is probably the best option I've found so far. It works just as well as the NJ option, but this option also may cause the tele to whiff, leaving him open to a punish.

I've tried it online and the jump away option worked best. Granted, all the MMH's I play online are stupid and just spam that move. I will try it against reo later on tonight, as I'm sure he actually knows how to use the character

What are you guys doing about MMH's overhead tele?

I went into the lab today and figured out quite a few ways to beat it:

D2: way too strict. The timing has to be perfect as he is coming down.
Backdash: way too strict. The radius of the tele will still hit you if you back dashed to early or late
NJ 1/2/3: this worked easily. It looks like his overhead has no priority against her air attacks, as I was hitting him out of it very convincingly. Combos into slide as well.
Jump Away 1/2/3: this worked easily as well and is probably the best option I've found so far. It works just as well as the NJ option, but this option also may cause the tele to whiff, leaving him open to a punish.

I've tried it online and the jump away option worked best. Granted, all the MMH's I play online are stupid and just spam that move. I will try it against reo later on tonight, as I'm sure he actually knows how to use the character
Did you try forward dash/jump forward? That's the correct option vs. Doomsday MB stomp, worth a try.

Also, you can check/stuff most of his full screen options with iceberg. The problem is when he gets in the air.

Belial

Noob
yep I also was suprised to find that gift in 1.05 )
the thing that gives be most trouble so far is 223 as it beats slide AND parry which is annoying.
so
Slide beats anything but jumps and 223
I use timed daggers to beat backjumps and 223 this way you can also block next f2. i have this habit from Black Adam I will make a video some days soon probably. It shoudl beat f+3 MB as well.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
yep I also was suprised to find that gift in 1.05 )
the thing that gives be most trouble so far is 223 as it beats slide AND parry which is annoying.
so
Slide beats anything but jumps and 223
I use timed daggers to beat backjumps and 223 this way you can also block next f2. i have this habit from Black Adam I will make a video some days soon probably. It shoudl beat f+3 MB as well.
I await the video and more of that voice of yours.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So, I'm still "feeling out" my KF...I STILL somewhat feel uncomfortable with her as I mostly play HawkGirl/Catwoman. Please critique me...lol. Few things to note:
1.) I am naturally free against the runaway/charge/runaway again type playstyle.
2.) I know I can get more damage on the vortex combos ( I opt to do one U3 only because it's online and I don't trust)
3.) I'm not good at D1~Slide. I REALLY REALLY need to start utilizing this...I always land D1's but nothing linked afterwards.
4.) I have some questionable/derp moments...sometimes I expect my slide to be blocked and when it does in fact land, I don't realize it. lol

In this set vs Birdsong's Harley, I absolutely hate Harley Quinn up close...so I take more of a zoning/keep away strategy against her.
Konqrr xKhaoTik Belial ApocaLips RiBBz22 all other KF's

xKhaoTik

Updated.

Changed batgirl and flash to 5-5, down from 6-4

Added MMH as a bad MU due to community concerns.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
RunwayMafia I just watched the first set against m2dave and there's a few things that I would suggest. When you are doing your damage combo, after MB iceberg, you can do b3 before daggers and when you're doing the meterless vortex setup you never do ji3 for the cross up (ji3~slide or ji3,11b2~slide) ji obviously meaning over lol. I saw that m2dave loves that sword spin wakeup on hard knock down and you could have baited that a few times.

On your 3rd point regarding d1~slide, what I normally do is buffer the bd then press 1,3 immediately after each other (almost simultaneously) so it's bd13. Try it out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.