What's new

Breakthrough Killer Frost gets 70% for Two bars Traitless

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
If it helps anyone, aim for slightly higher than Wonder Woman's breasts, aim for the tip of the top of the circular wheel on Martian Manhunter's cloak, and aim for chin mass with Raven. By aim, I mean time seeing Frost's model dropping to where the kick will hit that spot. Manged to do each about 3 times in succession in practice and it must have paid off since without knowing what to aim for, just an idea of the timing, I caught an Ares, Aquaman, two Flash players and a Bane online.One of them sent some less than kind words post match.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
thanks for the info. I was practicing against flash on dummy and the visual cue for it to work seemed to be at neck level. however, when playing against an actual flash player, even when I hit the j1 perfect, the command grab would whiff half the time. going to keep practicing to see if I can make it more consistent.
If you do it in practice set the dummy to do this set up. You try to duck it. The dummy in practice add a few frames to do to like 1frames links and stuff

If it helps anyone, aim for slightly higher than Wonder Woman's breasts, aim for the tip of the top of the circular wheel on Martian Manhunter's cloak, and aim for chin mass with Raven. By aim, I mean time seeing Frost's model dropping to where the kick will hit that spot. Manged to do each about 3 times in succession in practice and it must have paid off since without knowing what to aim for, just an idea of the timing, I caught an Ares, Aquaman, two Flash players and a Bane online.One of them sent some less than kind words post match.
How consistently are you landing this overall though? I've gotten it a handful of times in matches against dopey opponents, but I'm nowhere near the level of consistency where I'd be comfortable using it in a tournament match or against even a half-decent player.

As for training, I've found the AI set to duck dodges at the same times that I would if I were controlling it. I tested all of the escapes with the record function, and the AI seems to be doing the same thing as just holding down.

Oh no no no no no, you're gonna wanna set em to block. Ducking blocks both sides, but only by HUMAN players.
I've lost what you're talking about. Why do you need to set the AI to block to test an unblockable setup, whose only possible escape are movement actions?

They will be blocking only the ducking stance. Meaning you hit them with an overhead, combo them into MB freeze. Now if you do the set up correctly you will catch them, if not, because command grab is a high, it will whiff.
I still don't see why you need them to block. Set them to duck, do MB iceberg into freeze, then try the j1 to MB freeze again. The AI will duck if you screw up.

I mean, your way is also fine. But I don't see why you NEED to set it to block. The only factor I see relevant to testing if you did it right is whether the AI is ducking.

However, mb freeze is a high anyway so yeah, it's inconsequential.
It's both high and unblockable, yeah. There's nothing wrong with setting it to block, but I don't think you have to like you seem to have said earlier. Being in the crouching position is the escape, whether blocking or not.

The cool thing is I can now visually confirm 100% when and when it won't connect. That's step one. Step two is muscle memory.
Do you want to hop on xbl and try to hammer this out in training mode? I'd like to see what other people are doing to learn this.

As you can see, using Zod against me is suicide. Besides our beloved, who do you use? Lex and Zod?
Neither. Lex is who I use if I've been looking for a match for an hour and anyone half decent keeps declining, so I'm forced to play scrubs. I don't really know how to use him though. I haven't touched Zod, I was just mimicking what I've seen dave try to do when playing me.

I sometimes use scorp, and I used to use batgirl, but lately I've been faithful to frost.

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This works with j2 also... and for me, is more reliable but the timing is hard to get used to.

itskrd-eppostar

LordKILLERFROST
I only come across as downplaying because everyone else in the killer frost forum is so optimistic about her. If this setup really does work, even I wouldn't deny her potentially being the best character in the game or top 3 minimum but as it currently stands she is still bottom 10
She is not bottem then never was she does wel against allot of the cast

This works with j2 also... and for me, is more reliable but the timing is hard to get used to.
Can we get a vid? Can you at least describe the timing?

Maybe this has nothing to do with hitstate properties and has to do with the 1-frame to crouch. If that's true, this tech really is frame perfect.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Can we get a vid? Can you at least describe the timing?

Maybe this has nothing to do with hitstate properties and has to do with the 1-frame to crouch. If that's true, this tech really is frame perfect.
Yeah Playing To W1n was telling me to use j2 because of the hit stun coupled with the added frames to movement like ducking. I like the j1 method though because I am used to the execution already.

Yeah Playing To W1n was telling me to use j2 because of the hit stun coupled with the added frames to movement like ducking. I like the j1 method though because I am used to the execution already.
It shouldn't matter. One has one timing, the other has another. More hit stun doesn't matter so long as you can hit specifically when the hitstun ends.

I can't find the timing for j2 though.

Since the tech apparently works with j2 as well, I have new theories about how it might work:

(1) The tech renders the grab active during the 1 frame needed to transition between standing and crouching

(2) The additional hitstun caused by 2-in-1ing a normal is not throw invincible

Hopefully once I figure out the timing on j2, we can rule out #2

If you use j2 you ll have to pause so theyll know you're going for the grab.
You can also pause before doing b1 and f3, so it's moot. J2 causes a ton of hitstun. I've been using that instead of every other setup since the game came out to avoid fuzzy guards.