What's new

Breakthrough Killer Frost gets 70% for Two bars Traitless

astronout

see you at the top.
I think I have this down but can't this move be block escaped?
blocked? command grab is unblockable (hits high though)

and in regards to the tech, i really don't see it being viable (at least in a tournament setting) unless someone can land it at ~99% of the time

although there's a greater chance of this reset landing than the 50/50, unlike the 50/50, this tech is full combo punishable if done incorrectly or backdashed.

blocked? command grab is unblockable (hits high though)

and in regards to the tech, i really don't see it being viable (at least in a tournament setting) unless someone can land it at ~99% of the time

although there's a greater chance of this reset landing than the 50/50, unlike the 50/50, this tech is full combo punishable if done incorrectly or backdashed.
Very true. And if there's actually only 1 frame of leniency, it may never get to a consistent point, especially with KF's demand for consistency. I'm looking at 1-frame links in SF4 that to this day get dropped routinely.

Still, we have to let it settle. We'll see.

if you go into practice mode set the AI options to Block escape ON the character will push you away when you try to attack because of the J1p command grab
You can't pushblock when not in blockstun. No part of the setup involves blockstun. Not sure what you mean here.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The j1 hits them in the freeze capture state and is followed with an unblockable grab. Push block is not a factor.

You can't pushblock when not in blockstun. No part of the setup involves blockstun. Not sure what you mean here.
Go into AI options set the opponent to block escape ON when you MB freeze them try to jump in 1 punch than freeze again the AI always pushes me off no matter what I do.

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
Slowly compiling a list of the general areas on a characters body you should shoot for during the first freeze stance.
Not too far yet but what I have so far is:

AquaMan=Chest
Ares=Neck/Tip Top Chest/Pauldron
Bane=Index Finger
BatMan=Head
Black Adam=Chest
CatWoman=Neck
Cyborg=Chest
DoomsDay=Top Stomache
GL=Neck/Tip Top Chest
Grundy=Thumb Tip
MMH=Chest
Sinestro=Chest
SuperMan=Chest
WoWo=Chest(where she's unarmored)

EDIT: Added some more names to the list. I said it would be slow lol
Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
ApocaLips
J2 into mb freeze is a link, not a cancel, in case you've been trying to cancel it. It needs to be delayed properly as well. I use a visual cue to guide me: if you can enter crouch before k.frost's hands come out then you went to slow, if you go into crouch after her hands come out you went to fast. The sweet spot is somewhere in between. I'm at about 60% consistency atm.

ApocaLips
J2 into mb freeze is a link, not a cancel, in case you've been trying to cancel it. It needs to be delayed properly as well. I use a visual cue to guide me: if you can enter crouch before k.frost's hands come out then you went to slow, if you go into crouch after her hands come out you went to fast. The sweet spot is somewhere in between. I'm at about 60% consistency atm.
Yeah, I got that far because j2 has way more than 22 frames of hitstun. Do you have a guesstimate for range of frames after you land after hitting a particular spot?

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I'm pretty sure that training mode is bullshit guys. I can't test this right now, but I will tomorrow night. Last time I was in training mode practicing the timing for this stuff I noticed that whenever I recorded the CPU doing the reset I had basically 95% consistency getting it right the first time, whereas practicing it on a ducking dummy I had like 55% consistency. So, I'm thinking that it might be better to practice the timing with a friend attempting to low block or jump out. I could be wrong of course, I just can't play the game for the next 24 hours and I'm itching to know.

TLDR: pretty sure that this is not a 1-frame thing, training mode just makes it look like a 1-frame thing.