What's new

Breakthrough Killer Frost gets 70% for Two bars Traitless

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I'm pretty sure that training mode is bullshit guys. I can't test this right now, but I will tomorrow night. Last time I was in training mode practicing the timing for this stuff I noticed that whenever I recorded the CPU doing the reset I had basically 95% consistency getting it right the first time, whereas practicing it on a ducking dummy I had like 55% consistency. So, I'm thinking that it might be better to practice the timing with a friend attempting to low block or jump out. I could be wrong of course, I just can't play the game for the next 24 hours and I'm itching to know.

TLDR: pretty sure that this is not a 1-frame thing, training mode just makes it look like a 1-frame thing.
Well ive done this to my brother and several people online. Im pretty sure it works.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is it's easier to execute in an actual match, or against an actual person controlling the other character, that it's not as tight of a link as training mode makes it look. I'm saying it's easier to perform than training mode makes it appear. At least that's what seemed to be the case last time I was practicing my timing.

EDIT: Obviously I could be completely wrong, and since I can't test this until later tonight it's sort of just a theory atm, but I seemed to be 2 to 3 times as consistent performing this against a human opponent then against the CPU set to low block. The way I was practicing this in training mode: I set the opponent to duck, did b1u3 xx mb freeze, j2 to set up the reset, and the timing was very strict, clearly 1 frame. I hit it just a little over half the time I tried. But whenever I recorded the CPU doing this reset, I had like 90% consistency. The only difference in these two ways of testing is that in the first the computer was set to duck, and in the second I'm trying to duck. But for some reason my consistency doubled. Maybe it was just chance, but it really seemed like the window to execute this was MUCH bigger than 1-frame when tested with the record function.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that training mode is bullshit guys. I can't test this right now, but I will tomorrow night. Last time I was in training mode practicing the timing for this stuff I noticed that whenever I recorded the CPU doing the reset I had basically 95% consistency getting it right the first time, whereas practicing it on a ducking dummy I had like 55% consistency. So, I'm thinking that it might be better to practice the timing with a friend attempting to low block or jump out. I could be wrong of course, I just can't play the game for the next 24 hours and I'm itching to know.

TLDR: pretty sure that this is not a 1-frame thing, training mode just makes it look like a 1-frame thing.
I don't think that's true. I practiced with Ricky for a while, and I didn't notice a timing difference.

E

Eldriken

Slowly compiling a list of the general areas on a characters body you should shoot for during the first freeze stance.
Not too far yet but what I have so far is:
Batman=Head
MMH=Chest
Grundy=Thumb Tip
Catwoman=Neck
Doomsday=Top Stomache
Any help is appreciated.
Keep Doomsday outta this. >_>

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
i dont see a problem with just sticking to ji1.. you can just mix it up with things like j1 f3 or slide to throw them off if they get used to it

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
So, just to be clear. A super low to the ground j1, and then you link -NOT CANCEL- mb freeze, and it's inescapable if timed properly?

Edit: Nevermind, I missed the above post.

Edit 2: Are we supposed to whiff the j1 and then link the mb freeze off of a mb freeze, or are we supposed to delay the j1 til it's latest timing/max frames and link the mb freeze.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
So, just to be clear. A super low to the ground j1, and then you link -NOT CANCEL- mb freeze, and it's inescapable if timed properly?

Edit: Nevermind, I missed the above post.

Edit 2: Are we supposed to whiff the j1 and then link the mb freeze off of a mb freeze, or are we supposed to delay the j1 til it's latest timing/max frames and link the mb freeze.
He told me to aim for the knees and yeah you have to hit them. I honestly don't think it works but he said it does

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
He told me to aim for the knees and yeah you have to hit them. I honestly don't think it works but he said it does

I've tried this, and had varying success. I'm not sure its as simple as just "aiming for the knees", but I have been able to link a well timed J1 from a MB Grab into another MB Grab while having the AI set to Block and Crouch (which will get you out of a grab) and while they could often get out of it, they sometimes could not. Probably far to difficult to execute efficiently online, but maybe if you had enough offline experience to learn where to hit each character to make it work, you could have some success

Is this still doable? Just started taking this game seriously (with tech, matchup discussion and vortex's). Wondering if this is still a viable mixup.

Holy shit, I'm a Rickyraws fan. I'll start working on the timing tonight, then take you on if you have time this weekend and would want to. Also, should i just work on this or the trait cancel? Do you think it will be hotfixed?

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Holy shit, I'm a Rickyraws fan. I'll start working on the timing tonight, then take you on if you have time this weekend and would want to. Also, should i just work on this or the trait cancel? Do you think it will be hotfixed?
The difference between this and the trait cancel reset is that the j1~mb.freeze reset is escapeable via backdashing. This is notably easier than the trait cancel reset though.

And hotfixing is a big maybe. It hasn't been hotfixed yet because, I suspect, there really wasn't enough complaints or outrage to catch the devs attention - which is good for us. Doesn't mean it won't be removed in the future though. *crosses fingers*

So as a failsafe, learn and perfect this 33/33/33 then see what the devs do? This will be the most complicated tech i know, so i want to start with this.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
So as a failsafe, learn and perfect this 33/33/33 then see what the devs do? This will be the most complicated tech i know, so i want to start with this.
It's sort of not worth learning this one, imo. Like, it's good to know, but there are a couple things hindering it: notably you can time your backdash escape to option select and also block the overhead, so it's not really a 33/33/33 against a knowing player (not that anyone's ever tested this but me, lol).

The other is that there's a guaranteed reset via mb.freeze, tap trait, mb.freeze. So it's probably better to focus on that.

She has a new trait cancel?
Not to my knowledge, the only one that I know of that gives her good frames is 111~tc~forward dash. When properly performed you get about +4 frames.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
It's sort of not worth learning this one, imo. Like, it's good to know, but there are a couple things hindering it: notably you can time your backdash escape to option select and also block the overhead, so it's not really a 33/33/33 against a knowing player (not that anyone's ever tested this but me, lol).

The other is that there's a guaranteed reset via mb.freeze, tap trait, mb.freeze. So it's probably better to focus on that.

Not to my knowledge, the only one that I know of that gives her good frames is 111~tc~forward dash. When properly performed you get about +4 frames.
you dont have to forward dash 111 tc is like +8 I can jail a standing 2

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
If this actually is guaranteed; it's about time Killer Frost became moderately viable. Having to make 3 to 4 correct reads in a row in a vortex was absolutely ridiculous especially seen as when its blocked she loses all momentum, characters as bad as killer frost deserve to kill you if they manage to touch you at all