What's new

Breakthrough Killer Frost gets 70% for Two bars Traitless

The guy is just explaining it dead wrong. Dead fucking wrong. Murphy seemed to have understood where I was coming off and good for him he bounced from this thread because it' such a waste of time explaining the law of large numbers to these guys.

They may be right, but they are calling a donkey a horse.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
It works like most throws. If you're throw invincible, you're immune to freeze. Freeze doesn't last long enough to whiff a normal.

I'm in the lab now. Gimme a bit and I'll get to the bottom of this.
Does trait count as whiffing a normal?

Lol, "the law of large numbers."

It's the law of averages.

And for the tenth, time, it was explained fine. Enemy has a 33% chance of guessing right. Everyone who passed gradeschool math knows that means the opponent has a 67% chance of guessing right.

I keep telling myself I'll stop, but then he just keeps saying hilarious things.

But I'm done now. I'll stop being purposelessly mean.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
If this actually is guaranteed; it's about time Killer Frost became moderately viable. Having to make 3 to 4 correct reads in a row in a vortex was absolutely ridiculous especially seen as when its blocked she loses all momentum, characters as bad as killer frost deserve to kill you if they manage to touch you at all
I applaud your posts dude the downplaying is amazing 10/10.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
The guy is just explaining it dead wrong. Dead fucking wrong. Murphy seemed to have understood where I was coming off and good for him he bounced from this thread because it' such a waste of time explaining the law of large numbers to these guys.

They may be right, but they are calling a donkey a horse.
Dude, like 4 different people explained what a 33/33/33 means in regards to what's going on here. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, you are being dense to sound smart

Lol, "the law of large numbers."

It's the law of averages.

And for the tenth, time, it was explained fine. Enemy has a 33% chance of guessing right. Everyone who passed gradeschool math knows that means the opponent has a 67% chance of guessing right.

I keep telling myself I'll stop, but then he just keeps saying hilarious things.

But I'm done now. I'll stop being purposelessly mean.
They are closely related laws.

Yeah, that's why this is so good. Now instead of just guessing high/low, they need tofollow this flowchart:

(1) Did KF hit me with j1 or j2?
(a) If j1, backdash or block low
(b) if j2, block high or block low

And they have to correctly identify the j1 or j2 and make a guess between one of the 50/50s within 22 frames. Not happening. Now KF basically has a 33/33/33 to kill if the opponent has <70% health.

Note two key limitations though:

(1) This setup does not lead back into the MB vortex
(2) You need 2 bars pretty much upfront - you can't rely on the second rep of the vortex to build bar. If you see that KF is going to only have 1 bar after the first rep, you don't need to worry about this setup.
I went a re-read your summary. Now let's take a closer look.

First let us examine the setup. The defender must first guess if the initial jump attack is done with a 1 or a 2. Similarly to a coin toss, there are but two options presented here and the defender simply has to identify one of the two options.

What a fantastic 33/33/33 scenario.

Secondly, the follow up to "the first side of the coin toss", aka option 1, allows for a response on the defenders part by either back dashing or just blocking low.

Finally, we have the other side of the coin toss, aka option 2, which allows the defender to escape by either blocking high or low.

It took many people to explain what you have failed to. Your explanations are half-assed and poorly articulated at best. I want you to learn from this experience and encourage you to put more time into your posts especially when it comes to tech that people can use in tournaments.

I still think a 50% success rate setup is better then a 33% success rate setup. Conversely, I do believe a 66% success rate setup to be greater than a 50% success rate setup.

Dude, like 4 different people explained what a 33/33/33 means in regards to what's going on here. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, you are being dense to sound smart
I understand the 33/33/33. The term just wasn't made clear because it is effective from both points of view. After every thing is said and done we were talking about the same thing he just didn't explain himself properly or failed to understand where I was coming from if only to dispute the whole % thing for the sake of being the class clown. Furthermore, I also failed to see his setup because I just see a 50/50 into a 50/50. Either he j1 or j2's and then each one has another 50/50 tacked on.

Fuck... couldn't resist. Damn my sense of humor.

They are closely related laws.
Lol ok.

Wrong explanation
You're completely missing the part where they can't react after seeing the j1 or j2 because it's only 22 frames. So they have to guess beforehand, which means ahead of time they need to pick backdash, block low, or block high.

It took many people to explain what you have failed to. Your explanations are half-assed and poorly articulated at best. I want you to learn from this experience and encourage you to put more time into your posts especially when it comes to tech that people can use in tournaments.
I'm so sorry I didn't put hours into an explanation on a video-game message board. How horribly unprofessional of me.

Although everyone but you seems to get it, so I'll say good enough.

Also, you should see how much I charge to explain things normally.

I still think a 50% success rate setup is better then a 33% success rate setup. Conversely, I do believe a 66% success rate setup to be greater than a 50% success rate setup.
That's not the converse. The converse of a statement is just flipped. And the funny thing is that the converse of a statement isn't always true.

Fuck... couldn't resist. Damn my sense of humor.

Lol ok.

You're completely missing the part where they can't react after seeing the j1 or j2 because it's only 22 frames. So they have to guess beforehand, which means ahead of time they need to pick backdash, block low, or block high.

I'm so sorry I didn't put hours into an explanation on a video-game message board. How horribly unprofessional of me.

Although everyone but you seems to get it, so I'll say good enough.

Also, you should see how much I charge to explain things normally.

That's not the converse. The converse of a statement is just flipped. And the funny thing is that the converse of a statement isn't always true.
I must of made you hit Wikipedia so many times it's not even funny. The laws are closely related. Go back to Wikipedia.

I get the setup now, thanks to other forum posters, you just don't explain it very well and have a short fuse when ppl who don't understand your shit explanations. You don't deserve my respect and are a stubborn monkey. I chose to use the word conversely as an alternative to "versus". I could of simply said I preferred the 66% versus a 50%. Man you're hopeless.

And if you're saying that they have to guess the 50/50 beforehand then they have already picked which 50/50 they will be responding to resulting in a selection between backdashing/low or high/low block. Still a 50/50.