option 1 (50%) j1
option 2 (50%) j2

if option 1
escape option 1 (50%) back dash
escape option 2 (50%) block low

if option 2
escape option 1 (50%) block high
escape option 2 (50%) block low

You have 50% chance of being put in either setup and have only 50% chance to escape it.

Where's the 33/33/33?
Because most people can't react to the signal that tells you which 50/50 you're in in <22 frames. So that means they have to either block high, low, or backdash. Three discrete options, 33% chance to get out.

Did you give up on arguing that 50/50s are better? That would save a lot of time.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Execution Tips:

(1) Make sure you're doing the j1 low enough to the ground

(2) Make sure you 2-in-1 the MB Freeze - if you finish the input after she lands it'll whiff
Yeah the way I do it is to do jump d1 around head height for most characters (chest on huge chars) bf2

The best part is that j1 kind of looks lke j2 on a neutral jump since it is essentially 1 extra leg for the j2 drop kick.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Lol this is so gdlk.

I was on 10% health and my opponent had full bar. I did my 40% bnb into this reset/tech. He guessed wrong and I did my 37% meterless vortex. He guessed wrong again and i did a dagger combo ender. Idk why he didnt wager but ggs lol

Yes I do believe having a 50% success rate on my setup to be greater than 33% success rate because over time statistics will push your chance of scoring a kill closer to 50% whereas the 33/33/33 will be closer to 33% success rate.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I honestly don't even understand where that statement is coming from. I'm mindfucked.
The guy doesn't understand that people can't account for 3 options and it is an overall better situation to be in rather than a 50/50. Especially when one of the options can't be blocked.
Yes I do believe having a 50% success rate on my setup to be greater than 33% success rate because over time statistics will push your chance of scoring a kill closer to 50% whereas the 33/33/33 will be closer to 33% success rate.
DUDE

its a 66% chance your offense will work, and a 33% chance that they'll block it.

good lord.

The guy doesn't understand that people can't account for 3 options and it is an overall better situation to be in rather than a 50/50. Especially when one of the options can't be blocked.

DUDE

its a 66% chance your offense will work, and a 33% chance that they'll block it.

good lord.
Having girl problems?

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
What the hell? No, your math is flawed. In a 33/33/33, the aggressor has a 66.6% chance to hit, and the defender had a 33.3% chance to escape. This stands up, no matter how many times you perform it. I'm not sure how you're getting these numbers.

Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?

What the hell? No, your math is flawed. In a 33/33/33, the aggressor has a 66.6% chance to hit, and the defender had a 33.3% chance to escape. This stands up, no matter how many times you perform it. I'm not sure how you're getting these numbers.
If I execute the setup I have 33% chance of it succeeding. That's how I see it. Base on this point of view a 50/50 is better. I could just be understanding the setup wrong or it is poorly explained.

I'm not one to blindly accept what others put out there without first understanding it myself. I'm sure many of the people here trying to blast me would have a hard time fully explaining the concept and math behind it anyway, no matter how simple it really is.

Question everything.

Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Because durr hurr 33 is less than 50

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
If I execute the setup I have 33% chance of it succeeding. That's how I see it. Base on this point of view a 50/50 is better. I could just be understanding the setup wrong or it is poorly explained.
You have 67% chance to succeed. TWO of the three offensive options cause full combo, and all have to be avoided differently. How are you not getting this?

I'm not even referring to this setup. I just don't think you get what a 33/33/33 is.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

I'm not one to blindly accept what others put out there without first understanding it myself. I'm sure many of the people here trying to blast me would have a hard time fully explaining the concept and math behind it anyway, no matter how simple it really is.

Question everything.
they're saying it wrong

its a 66/33 because of how the throw works.

they're saying it wrong

its a 66/33 because of how the throw works.
It's not said wrong. KF has three choices, each of which beats 2 responses from the opponent. Opponent has to guess which of the three it was, and if he guesses wrong, he gets hit.

I'm ok with the thread devolving at this point. Tech acquired.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
No, do j2 into a normal 50/50. Both blow up backdash.
Yeah you are right do the 50-50, I like sometimes you can just do j1 into slide if you feel like they are comfortable back dashing out of the setup.

astronout

see you at the top.
i think you may want to revisit elementary statistics sir.