What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Killer Frost mains, i have a question: I have been told that, offline. Killer Frost's vortex can be reacted to. Is this true? According to my sources, you can look for the sword animation and block on reaction. Is this real, or is it a bill? I am really asking.
Haha, maybe a super saiyan jedi ninja warrior... You may be able to react to it and claim that you did....

But regardless, it will not be reliable and reactions will fail you when a decent KF starts changing up their mixups after MB grab...

j22 f3, j22 slide, j22 b1u3, j2 f3, j2 slide, j2 b1u3, j2 pause f3, j2 pause slide, j2 pause b1u3 HAVE FUN REACTING TO ALL OF THAT. Not to mention that you can even do stuff like f113 into MBf3 or slide if you have the meter which forces your opponent to guess.

GUESS ASSHOLE

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Haha, maybe a super saiyan jedi ninja warrior... You may be able to react to it and claim that you did....

But regardless, it will not be reliable and reactions will fail you when a decent KF starts changing up their mixups after MB grab...

j22 f3, j22 slide, j22 b1u3, j2 f3, j2 slide, j2 b1u3, j2 pause f3, j2 pause slide, j2 pause b1u3 HAVE FUN REACTING TO ALL OF THAT. Not to mention that you can even do stuff like f113 into MBf3 or slide if you have the meter which forces your opponent to guess.

GUESS ASSHOLE
Pfft... I can react to all that WITH MY EYES CLOSED.

Puny human beings...

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.

GUESS ASSHOLE
In addition...j22 b1MBf3, j2 jf3 or even after freeze grab jump over and then f3, slide, b1u3, b1slide or b1MBf3 when hit the ground. ;)

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
I've recently picked up frost and as an online player I'm finding her timings to be a nightmare.

I've been concentrating on getting down her max damage conversions from b1u3/f3. I feel like I have these down connection permitting but I'm really struggling with her vortex. I buffer frost bite into her 22 string but whenever I go for it I drop the 22. Should I omit 1xu3 to reduce gravity or do I just need to imput faster or stop buffering the command grab?

I know it probably down to whatever you're most comfortable with I just wondered how you guys handled the imput.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I've recently picked up frost and as an online player I'm finding her timings to be a nightmare.

I've been concentrating on getting down her max damage conversions from b1u3/f3. I feel like I have these down connection permitting but I'm really struggling with her vortex. I buffer frost bite into her 22 string but whenever I go for it I drop the 22. Should I omit 1xu3 to reduce gravity or do I just need to imput faster or stop buffering the command grab?

I know it probably down to whatever you're most comfortable with I just wondered how you guys handled the imput.
Not sure if I'm just reading it wrong, but chances are if you're doing 22~frostbite, you won't have much success. I would do just 2 (not 22) into frostbite. Pretty easy to buffer if you do D, 2, BF2. Not exactly sure what combos you're doing but most of hers from those starters will finish with 11B2 into slide, followed by 2~frostbite

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing

I never found doing Killer Frost combos online difficult. I don't know about whatever buffering inputs people are doing but I just did f1, db as if I was going to do an iceberg then tapped f2.

Combos are only 1% of Killer Frost. There's a whole other 99% that no one has found out or discovered and probably never will

RiBBz22

I never found doing Killer Frost combos online difficult. I don't know about whatever buffering inputs people are doing but I just did f1, db as if I was going to do an iceberg then tapped f2.

Combos are only 1% of Killer Frost. There's a whole other 99% that no one has found out or discovered and probably never will
That is because your combo is slide d2 slide.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

I've never done slide d2 slide in my life. It's one of those things only the 'Killer Frost players' seem to think is a mix-up just like that amazing meterless vortex which is actually just a hard knockdown
Yeah, I wouldn't call it a life either

bishbash

Not sure if I'm just reading it wrong, but chances are if you're doing 22~frostbite, you won't have much success. I would do just 2 (not 22) into frostbite. Pretty easy to buffer if you do D, 2, BF2. Not exactly sure what combos you're doing but most of hers from those starters will finish with 11B2 into slide, followed by 2~frostbite
I've just been inputting the full cancel after 22 and it's mostly been connecting. I've just had to drop 1 u3 from the combo as if I try for two online the grab usually wiffs.

So I do b1u3/f3 u3 22-frostbite no problem now. I have been doing two reps of u3 11b2-slide f112-daggers for meterless damage. I didn't know 2-grab would connect after slide but I'll work on that now as the damage increase must be significant.

Thanks for your reply

Madog32

I've just been inputting the full cancel after 22 and it's mostly been connecting. I've just had to drop 1 u3 from the combo as if I try for two online the grab usually wiffs.

So I do b1u3/f3 u3 22-frostbite no problem now. I have been doing two reps of u3 11b2-slide f112-daggers for meterless damage. I didn't know 2-grab would connect after slide but I'll work on that now as the damage increase must be significant.

Thanks for your reply
Sure thing. With a bit of practice, you'll be able to land B1U3/F3, U3, 2, U3, 11b2~slide, 2~frostbite pretty consistently. You could always finish it with a 3rd U3 instead of 2~frostbite if you're going for meterless damage.

Good luck! And don't fuck it up!

RiBBz22

Thanks for your reply
Check the video thread on inputting 2~grab. It adds like 7-8% on most BNBs so it is a must to incorporate.

bishbash

Sure thing. With a bit of practice, you'll be able to land B1U3/F3, U3, 2, U3, 11b2~slide, 2~frostbite pretty consistently. You could always finish it with a 3rd U3 instead of 2~frostbite if you're going for meterless damage.

Good luck! And don't fuck it up!
I can get a s2 between the u3s? dang..

Check the video thread on inputting 2~grab. It adds like 7-8% on most BNBs so it is a must to incorporate.
Will do, and thanks :)

RiBBz22

Yeah adding 2 between U3's makes the 2~grab link harder but for me it makes everything else easier since standing 2 recovers really fast you can do U3 almost immediately after it without a pause. If I am going to do a combo with 2 into grab I will normally drop the stand 2 between them for consistency.

Here is the permalink for the video on 2~grab:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/killer-frost-video-tech-vault.42365/#post-1325881

bishbash

Yeah adding 2 between U3's makes the 2~grab link harder but for me it makes everything else easier since standing 2 recovers really fast you can do U3 almost immediately after it without a pause. If I am going to do a combo with 2 into grab I will normally drop the stand 2 between them for consistency.

Here is the permalink for the video on 2~grab:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/killer-frost-video-tech-vault.42365/#post-1325881

So much tech... Why is she so slept on? I literally picked her up because since tehkingdutch (coupld be wrong) stopped playing the only frost on the EU servers optimal combo seems to be slide d2 MBiceberg j2 2-iceberg.

Madog32

Sure can. I've not had many issues with U3,2,U3 combos on the ps4 at all really. There are a few connections that are just too bad for it, but they don't seem very common. I still find the timing easier than the timing to punish low gunshots or HGs heavenward stomp online :-/

Madog32

So much tech... Why is she so slept on? I literally picked her up because since tehkingdutch (coupld be wrong) stopped playing the only frost on the EU servers optimal combo seems to be slide d2 MBiceberg j2 2-iceberg.
Slide and D2 are her biggest damage scalers, so I wouldn't start combos with both (or either really) if it can be helped. And if you're going to spend a meter for it, I would use it to land a MB frostbite, not a MB iceberg. Probably less damage (combos not gonna do much damage anyway if it's starting with slide D2) so why not at least set up for the vortex if you're gonna spend the meter

bishbash

Slide and D2 are her biggest damage scalers, so I wouldn't start combos with both (or either really) if it can be helped
I wouldn't lol. Slide sometimes to punish at distance or if I can see the option isn't being respected and d2 just to AA. I seem to spend lots of time blocking with her waiting on a punish or trip guard opportunity

RiBBz22

A lot of people can't come to grips with the fact that character design is infinitely more important tournament results regarding how good characters are. Also, she has a few fundamental issues that some people dwell on and don't attempt to find ways to get around or play the character properly. Despite some of her fundamental issues like her horrible dash and lack of air control, in the right hands she is extremely frustrating to deal with and has very few bad MU's in my opinion.