What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
GGA 16 Bit ... what exactly does her normal parry do now besides push them off of you? It used to freeze without meter. It felt like she was negative when I landed it and it did little to no damage.

Nothing really. Does no damage or anything.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Nothing really. Does no damage or anything.
That's really dumb... it should at least give some kind of frame advantage.

I get that she shouldn't have a meterless parry that grants a full combo... but for it to do absolutely nothing now is retarded. colt

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Chef I like that combo, higher meterless than I do now.

Konqrr I agree it sucks...but considering how good the MB Parry is I can't complain.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Chef I like that combo, higher meterless than I do now.

Konqrr I agree it sucks...but considering how good the MB Parry is I can't complain.
So what's the best BnB off of a MB Parry? NJ2~f113~Slide, u3, u3, u3, 11~spike? or go for your standing reset? Both sound like great options ^_^

Also, are you still playing WW? I didn't really put much time into her until the demo but now I love her lol (you were right!)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yeah, I'd do jump 2, f+1,1,3~slide and then one of mine into standing reset. IMO the standing reset is almost always the one to go for. It's ridiculous.

As you guys probably know, her trait causes her normals to freeze the opponent briefly giving her attacks more hit stun. It allows her to link normals as combos when it normally isn't possible. The best use of it I've found is that in juggles you can loop u+3 as long as it lasts. Like literally you can do slide, u+3, u+3, u+3....until it runs out. Then when it's drained do a final u+3 into whatever combo. Adds about 10% to your combo of choice.

The way the meter works is that it never depletes until it's filled and active. You can start charging it up and stop and go. Meaning you can charge up to where it's filled to having one pixel left. Then sit on it until you want to do the final charge and activate. So a good strategy would be to work on filling it until it's almost filled and then wait. If you land a MB parry charge up the final part while they're sitting there frozen and then go into your combo. You can get like 60% into a standing reset off a MB parry.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Thanks for the info, quick question though. By standing reset, you we're taking about the command grab gimmick, right?

I'm talking about what i posted in another thread in the Frost sub-forum, not the trick Arturo has been talking about.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I've also been using her trait like this. I build it up to where I just have to tap trait to activate it once I get a MB Parry or Grab then go to town.

Death

Noob
B3, J3, U3,U3, 22~icerberg does 39%. Same with the MB version. Couldnt you do this combo after the MB command grab and use this after making her damage ridiculous off 1 bar

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
No, gravity kicks in and they don't travel as far/high after a b+3 when used in the middle of a combo. You can't do full combo mb grab then full combo.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Also, are you still playing WW? I didn't really put much time into her until the demo but now I love her lol (you were right!)

No, not anymore. Killer Frost and Catwoman are the characters I'm seriously focusing on. Plus Hawkgirl for fun. I still think she is strong and versatile, I didn't drop her for any negative reason.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
No, not anymore. Killer Frost and Catwoman are the characters I'm seriously focusing on. Plus Hawkgirl for fun. I still think she is strong and versatile, I didn't drop her for any negative reason.
I am loving wonder woman! do you know if killer frost has like a fly dash kinda like wonder woman?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Here is the BNB I have been using. It is pretty simple and does good damage.

f113 slide u3 22 grab MB nji2 f113 daggers = (45%/47%) (with jump in / without jump in)

Per Bit's advice I am going to try to add another U3 to the combo in offline play (online is probably not going to happen)

GGA 16 Bit, I have been having some early success with people that figure out how to deal with the +9 dagger on hit (armor out or mashing normals that will beat out say F3) by hit confirming the parry into another full combo. Due to the spacing you kind of have to do the parry on reaction so it's almost like you are wasting the frame advantage. How viable do you think this is and what other types of creative things do you like to do when you finish the combo and are +9?

RiBBz22

I've also been using her trait like this. I build it up to where I just have to tap trait to activate it once I get a MB Parry or Grab then go to town.
That is EXACTLY how I have been using it. BFF's

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The +9 isn't entirely accurate. She must have more advantage. If f+3 or slide are done quickly they cannot beat them out with normals. Not even a d+1. They should barely be able to MB b+3. I believe the +9 refers to the first of the two daggers.

RiBBz22

The +9 isn't entirely accurate. She must have more advantage. If f+3 or slide are done quickly they cannot beat them out with normals. Not even a d+1. They should barely be able to MB b+3. I believe the +9 refers to the first of the two daggers.
That makes more sense, and was why I was asking about the d1 interruption before. I recorded the looped setup and you are right you can jump out of the F+3, but the slide will catch jump outs and d1's get blown up.

RiBBz22

Kicking ass with her right now. She doesn't feel low tier lol
My advice is to not let what other people tell you about a character in a FG sway you. I personally have not found a better special in the game than slide at this point. Doomsday MB shoulder is up there too I think.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
There is no MB armored slide.

Hey guys, let's nerf moves we haven't fully explored and for reasons that don't exist.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
What is there to explore? Its safe, low, advances, and starts combos.

I guess we should keep Kung Laos spin safe too...
it's easy to punish it if your opponent is throwing it out to get in.. Gotta think outside the box. Not everything has to be -7 or higher on block to be punishable.

RiBBz22

What is there to explore? Its safe, low, advances, and starts combos.

I guess we should keep Kung Laos spin safe too...
Well, one thing there is to explore is the special move screen which shows that there is no enhanced MB version of her slide. Crying for nerfs on day 1. Stay classy.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
GGA 16 Bit

What are you using for AA so far, what kind of follow ups both vortex and not vortex have you found so be relatively optimal? I'm going all in wirh the maiden, teach me based bit. :)