What's new

Khaos Reigns Official Announcement Trailer

Comments

So, yeah, KP2...

I'm guessing Ghostface will have his own kameo with his gameplay since that's the whole point of the character....

I REALLY want to play Conan.

Your logical continuity is one of the worst i have ever seen.

You state that if they gender swap a male character to a female and that if someond is against it,that means they hate women,LMAO.

Yeah thats why me, as someone who doesnt like it(explained why at lengths with clear facts and why its bad and connected to the utlra left agenda) suggested that they should have went with skarlet and jade... I hate women so much i suggested not one but two to be added and actively play some of the female characters...

You just cant help yourself but lie and make up stuff and lable people because you cant escape the truth so you resort to that.

Its fascinating to me that the ultra left claims that you cant relate to or be inspired by someone thats not your race lol.
Im a white dude and growing up i had a bunch of black athlets as role models that i was inspired by, as i was doing sports,im able to do that because i dont look at people through the color of their skin yet you seem obssesed by it.

Literally every single lable you attempt to attribute to people that push back against the leftist cult is wrong.

My guy, race swaping an established charcater thats white into a black dude to satisfy a DEI quota and because you want to force and agenda is the most retarded thing ever,same for gender swapping.

Its almost unbelivable how you are calling me and others racist,yet we are literally calling for cyrax to be cyrax,a black dude from botswana.
We are fans of cyrax knowing he is a black dude yet we are racist,thats the argument you are going with...

Its hilariouse to read your posts honestly,because it re-affirms one thing,and that is that leftists always find a way to shit in their own mouth and you continue to prove that every single time you post.
I stopped reading after you completely mischaracterized my argument.

I've been seeing a bunch of people mad about the price of the expansion. I'm hella confused because its only $50 for a story expansion and 6 characters. Each character is $8, so the story mode expansion is $1.99 and people are losing their minds over that.
It's only affordable if you want all of the characters equally. As someone who just wants Noob and Sektor, that price is unacceptable. If they wanna sell me the characters individually, then sell the story mode to me for $1.99, I'd take that offer. I'm definitely not buying a $50 bundle full of junk I don't want for 2 characters and a glorified cutscene though.

I've been seeing a bunch of people mad about the price of the expansion. I'm hella confused because its only $50 for a story expansion and 6 characters. Each character is $8, so the story mode expansion is $1.99 and people are losing their minds over that.
The expansion is free, unlike aftermath. People seem to be raging about the apparent fact you can't buy characters individually, which I'm sure is not going to be the case.

Ghostface is literally the last character I would pick for MK. He(/she?)'s a normal human with a kitchen knife. That's it.
I completely agree with this.

With the greatest of respect to its fans, can I just ask, what is the appeal of Ghostface in an MK game?

In every movie it's just a different, exceptionally normal person, with some silly personal vendetta (like a monstrously violent Scooby Doo villain) against the current cast, wearing a really cheap Halloween costume.

Nothing supernatural, nothing haunting, nothing fantastical, no powers, no physical capabilities, no fighting skills, no backstory, no character arc, just a wacky costume for a murder whodunnit. It's basically Cluedo (aka. Clue), with a joke shop mask.

And this "character" (well technically just a costume) is going up against martial arts experts, gods, monsters, demons, supernatural entities, sorcerers, warriors and assassins (and now also a liquid metal shape-shifting murder bot from the future).

This is literally Ghostface in one of the movies, so I truly do not understand the appeal of this as an MK character (apologies to its fans):

Last edited:
Because he’s the last iconic movie killer left and they can’t get Michael.

Edit: There’s also chucky, but he wouldn’t work outside of an assist.

I completely agree with this.

With the greatest of respect to its fans, can I just ask, what is the appeal of Ghostface in an MK game?

In every movie it's just a different, exceptionally normal person, with some silly personal vendetta (like a monstrously violent Scooby Doo villain) against the current cast, wearing a really cheap Halloween costume.

Nothing supernatural, nothing haunting, nothing fantastical, no powers, no physical capabilities, no fighting skills, no backstory, no character arc, just a wacky costume for a murder whodunnit. It's basically Cluedo (aka. Clue), with a joke shop mask.

And this character is going up against martial arts experts, gods, monsters, demons, supernatural entities, sorcerers, warriors and assassins (and now also a liquid metal shape-shifting murder bot from the future).

This is literally Ghostface in one of the movies, so I truly do not understand the appeal of this as an MK character (apologies to its fans):

I think that's precisely the point. The appeal is kinda like Stryker: regular cop going against a plethora of supernatural enemies. Scary Movies seem to play on movie stereotypes, so they don't take themselves all too seriously, which MK does as well.

How dare you! Pinhead would be a perfect MK character. Maybe even the Chatterer or some other Cenobite.

Does that mean it's purely out of desperation? The thing I find strange is, Ghostface isn't even a character, it's a costume, so I just don't get the appeal.

Although I'm not a fan of the franchise regardless (and maybe this is why I have this opinion), here's hoping the character has the TV series mask as a gear piece, thought that looked a hundred times better and creepier than the movie mask... but I'm aware that's an unpopular opinion.

But I disagree, there's still other options available. There's any of the Hellraiser cenobites (including both genders of Pinhead), Carrie (some great power potential there) and, if it counts, The Crow (though definitely not the reboot one thank you).

Plus a couple of Kurt Russell heroic action characters like either Snake Plissken or Jack Burton from Big Trouble In Little China (itself a massive influence on MK) would also make great guests.

And this is coming from someone who hates guests.

Last edited:
I did completely forget about Pinhead, though if they went that route would they choose the male Pinhead or the female from the reboot? Then we’d have this thread all over again, lol. I’d argue out of all choices listed that Ghostface is still the most culturally relevant.

Unless they were to do A FEMALE GUEST. C’mon NRS. People have been requesting Buffy for years.

@Mr Aquaman @CrimsonShadow @RoboCop @Juggs Maybe you guys should consider making a Politics category in the forum or something. Just a suggestion.
We have had political threads before, and it just never really works out. I personally wouldn’t mind it, but there’s way too many people that cannot handle it especially when you start getting into the culture war stuff. There’s political beliefs that legitimately dehumanize certain groups of people and we want to be as welcoming as possible to all walks of life regardless of who you are or your beliefs (to an extent of course). But to censor certain political beliefs and not others wouldn’t make sense and again, just doesn’t work on a forum dedicated to video games.

I think it’s fine when topics relating to the games and company (or companies) are political in nature to at least some degree. And yes, these discussions can also be problematic (even though I can’t stand that word), especially when people can’t help but to make things personal or to take things personally. So we just moderate those discussions when necessary and if it keeps happening over and over by multiple different parties, we eventually have to just shut down the discussion because yeah, not everyone is mature enough to handle these discussions and again, I don’t necessarily expect everyone to be able to when we’re on a video game forum

I did completely forget about Pinhead, though if they went that route would they choose the male Pinhead or the female from the reboot? Then we’d have this thread all over again, lol. I’d argue out of all choices listed that Ghostface is still the most culturally relevant.

Unless they were to do A FEMALE GUEST. C’mon NRS. People have been requesting Buffy for years.
The Pinhead male vs female debate would be even more convoluted because technically the book Pinhead (of where the movies are based from) is described as androgynous - we don't even know if it is a male cenobite, female, agender or whatever, in the novel lolol.

If you can buy the characters individually and there’s no strings attached, it won’t be an issue at all

The Pinhead male vs female debate would be even more convoluted because technically the book Pinhead (of where the movies are based from) is described as androgynous - we don't even know if it is a male cenobite, female, agender or whatever, in the novel lolol.
The biggest issue would be Doug Bradley. He doesn't want to play Pinhead anymore. Maybe he'd be fine with just doing the voice, but Pinhead's charisma is 80% Doug's dominating voice. Without he's just a creepy goth dude.

Does that mean it's purely out of desperation? The thing I find strange is, Ghostface isn't even a character, it's a costume, so I just don't get the appeal.

Although I'm not a fan of the franchise regardless (and maybe this is why I have this opinion), here's hoping the character has the TV series mask as a gear piece, thought that looked a hundred times better and creepier than the movie mask... but I'm aware that's an unpopular opinion.

But I disagree, there's still other options available. There's any of the Hellraiser cenobites (including both genders of Pinhead), Carrie (some great power potential there) and, if it counts, The Crow (though definitely not the reboot one thank you).

Plus a couple of Kurt Russell heroic action characters like either Snake Plissken or Jack Burton from Big Trouble In Little China (itself a massive influence on MK) would also make great guests.

And this is coming from someone who hates guests.
Ghostface's appeal I think is their personality. They're stupid, clumsy and cheesy.
Honestly I think if they're going for guy with knife guest, Ghostface is infinitely more interesting that Michael Myers.

So while Ghostface might not have the craziest abilities, they might be able to make up for it with charm. Just like Johnny Cage and Peacemaker do

The biggest issue would be Doug Bradley. He doesn't want to play Pinhead anymore. Maybe he'd be fine with just doing the voice, but Pinhead's charisma is 80% Doug's dominating voice. Without he's just a creepy goth dude.
Personally I disagree with this. Whilst Doug Bradley was undoubtedly the defining Pinhead, I thought his absolute worst performance was in the awfully cheesy Hellraiser 3 where he got center-stage, which turned the character into a one-liner delivering heavy metal album cover mascot.

Stephen Collins in Hellraiser Revelations was indeed absolutely awful as the first replacement, and did not have the right sort of face for the character either, though funnily enough, didn't actually voice the character. He was actually voiced by veteran MK-voice actor Fred Tatasciore (Shao Kahn in Battle for the Realms and Scorpion's Revenge, as well as both Tremor and Torr in MKX) and part of why he was so awful was the very ill-fitting transatlantic vocal delivery, beyond just the daft Uncle Fester bug-eyed visuals. However, I thought Paul T. Taylor in Hellraiser Judgment did a fantastic job, very true to Bradley's original style with the kind of sculpted statuesque face deserving of the character.

As for Hellraiser '22, whilst nothing mindblowing, it was a hell of a lot better than most of the low-budget Hellraiser sequels that had preceded it. But without a doubt, the best part was Jamie Clayton as the new Pinhead. I thought she was absolutely brilliant. Paul T. Taylor was a quality recasting for the classic interpretation which I had no complaints about, but Jamie made the new Pinhead a truly fantastic new character in her own right. Would so love a sequel, if only to see more of that character.

If we ever get Pinhead in an MK game, I'm happy with either Bradley, Taylor or Clayton; all did absolutely sterling jobs in keeping the legacy alive.

But my favorite cenobite will always be Chatterer. So I don't need any voice lines anyway. In fact, give me Chatterer Torso from Inferno, now that's nightmare fuel... and could be a very interesting character to play as too :laughing:

Last edited:
I'd reckon the same could be said of Freddy, Terminator and now Homelander. We didn't get the "classic" original voice for none of those and that's a bummer, but they work nevertheless. In Freddy's case, we didn't even get the original Freddy actor's likeness.

I'd reckon the same could be said of Freddy, Terminator and now Homelander. We didn't get the "classic" original voice for none of those and that's a bummer, but they work nevertheless. In Freddy's case, we didn't even get the original Freddy actor's likeness.
Weirdly with Freddy, you got the likeness of the new actor, with the voice of the original actor (not that one would have noticed).

Weirdly with Freddy, you got the likeness of the new actor, with the voice of the original actor (not that one would have noticed).
Wait, so the original actor ACTUALLY voiced Freddy in MK9? Damn, I never would've known, since mk9 lacks intros and we just have the grunts mostly.

Wait, so the original actor ACTUALLY voiced Freddy in MK9? Damn, I never would've known, since mk9 lacks intros and we just have the grunts mostly.
Yup I didn't learn that until years later myself either.

He should have been readily dropping the likes of "welcome to prime time, BITCH" but instead you mostly got "ugh!", "hwah!" and "argh!" for whatever the cost was for Robert Englund's time (to not even be recognized).

It's almost as weird as Rogue Squadron 3 boasting it had Dennis "Wedge" Lawson voicing his character in the game...

...Whilst his character in the movies had been dubbed with an American actor, so none of us actually knew his voice anyway.

So then he's suddenly Scottish in the game and makes no sense.

Last edited: