What's new

Kenshi in the comic book!

haketh

Noob
Not a fan of killing Kenshi's wife, fridging is so fucking lame

Finished it, wasn't that great at all. Art is serviceable but no impressive & really bad pacing problems abound.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I really hate that everyone knows everyone.

Hopefully this is explained in game or later in the comics because the idea of this is ridiculous, at least canonically.

Kano's seen Scorpion and Subzero in MK1-3, but fucking Kenshi being pals with Scorpion, and Hsu Hao and the Red Dragon knowing about Scorpion and his secret ninja clan in the middle of nowhere? Bull-ass-shit.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Not a fan of killing Kenshi's wife, fridging is so fucking lame

Finished it, wasn't that great at all. Art is serviceable but no impressive & really bad pacing problems abound.
That wasn't his wife, that was a booty-call he had that sent him a message that she had given birth to a child and it was probably his, and she wasn't needed in the story, which is great.

I'm glad there are characters that serve a purpose without being super important.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I really hate that everyone knows everyone.

Hopefully this is explained in game or later in the comics because the idea of this is ridiculous, at least canonically.

Kano's seen Scorpion and Subzero in MK1-3, but fucking Kenshi being pals with Scorpion, and Hsu Hao and the Red Dragon knowing about Scorpion and his secret ninja clan in the middle of nowhere? Bull-ass-shit.
In the original timeline Kenshi befriends Sub Zero so it's quite cool it's the opposite now and he helps Scorpion instead.
Also, Hsu Hao and the Red Dragon obviously didn't know about Scorpion and his clan...

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

Scorpion says "Red Dragon, you trespass on Shira-Ryu territory".
You realise that proves my point? The Red Dragon member says "Even you can't stop us on your own" so they think he's on his own, are completely unaware of his clan, and then they show up while Scorpion informs them that they are on Shira-Ryu territory, which they obviously didn't know

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
In the original timeline Kenshi befriends Sub Zero so it's quite cool it's the opposite now and he helps Scorpion instead.
Also, Hsu Hao and the Red Dragon obviously didn't know about Scorpion and his clan...
First of all don't try to straw man me, because you completely bypassed the fact that you said they obviously didn't know about Scorpion despite calling him by his name.

Are you honestly implying that they know about Scorpion but they don't know he has(or at least had) a clan? Even without that, he's a ninja, ninja's are known to have clans and while i'm not going to say there aren't any, I have never heard of ninja without clans or bloodlines or villages or ninja families. Sure it's fine for them to assume he might have been alone, he didn't seem to have anyone with him, but of course they knew he has/had people. Them not knowing where the territory is doesn't mean they don't know that it exists, it's a ninja clan's territory, you aren't supposed to know where it is. Not to mention Scorpion makes it a point to bring up his clan in any situation available, so if they know him from a previous run in they sure as hell heard him say it, and if they just got som

That'd be like knowing who Kano is but not knowing who the Black Dragon are. Or knowing who Sub-Zero is but not knowing that the Lin Kuei exist.

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
First of all don't try to straw man me, because you completely bypassed the fact that you said they obviously didn't know about Scorpion despite calling him by his name.

Are you honestly implying that they know about Scorpion but they don't know he has(or at least had) a clan? Even without that, he's a ninja, ninja's are known to have clans and while i'm not going to say there aren't any I have never heard of ninja without clans or bloodlines or villages or ninja families. Sure it's fine for them to assume he might have been alone, he didn't seem to have anyone with him, but of course they knew he has/had people. Them not knowing where the territory is doesn't mean they don't know that it exists, it's a ninja clan's territory, you aren't supposed to know where it is.

That'd be like knowing who Kano is but not knowing who the Black Dragon are.
I'm not trying to straw man you or anything. I thought when you said "Scorpion and his clan" you were referring to them collectively. OF COURSE they know who Scorpion is. Anyone aware of the tournament or Quan Chi knows who Scorpion is.

And no, they wouldn't know he had a clan because everyone knows his clan was wiped out! That's why it's a surprise he has one now because he had been a sole survivor until now.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yes, Havik and Hotaru were actually good character designs and they had a legitimate rivalry that made sense, and they had no strict loyalty to anyone but themselves. They can easily be worked in and they don't need any repairing to make them relevant like certain characters.

They also had the best fatality sets in MK:D.

with daegon alive and canon do you guys think well see taven as well?
Well, Daegon canonically is well and active at this time, he woke up decade(s) before Armageddon and his twin brother, due to some reason that I forget, and started the Red Dragon which later split and had members leave and form the Black Dragon led by Kano.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Hsu Hao and the Red Dragon didn't know they were there, if they did then Hsu Hao wouldn't have got speared through the heart and punched through the brain so easily. Hsu Hao and the Red Dragon followed Kenshi into the forest because he was "hiding" when in reality Kenshi was leading them there, into the Shirai Ryu forest, because he knew Scorpion and/or the Shirai Ryu would come and take care of Hsu Hao/the Red Dragon for trespassing.
One of the Red Dragon also says "Even you can't take us all by yourself, Scorpion", insinuating that they think he's there by himself to take care of the trespassers, so they didn't know the rest of the Shirai Ryu were there.
Scorpion says "Red Dragon, you trespass on Shira-Ryu territory" also.
What does this have to do with your point though?
Are you honestly implying that they know about Scorpion but they don't know he has(or at least had) a clan? Even without that, he's a ninja, ninja's are known to have clans and while i'm not going to say there aren't any, I have never heard of ninja without clans or bloodlines or villages or ninja families. Sure it's fine for them to assume he might have been alone, he didn't seem to have anyone with him, but of course they knew he has/had people. Them not knowing where the territory is doesn't mean they don't know that it exists, it's a ninja clan's territory, you aren't supposed to know where it is. Not to mention Scorpion makes it a point to bring up his clan in any situation available, so if they know him from a previous run in they sure as hell heard him say it, and if they just got som
They know Scorpion exists, whether they knew of the rest of the Shirai Ryu's existence is unknown because the Red Dragon didn't know the rest of the Shirai Ryu were with Scorpion. Hsu Hao probably didn't even know Scorpion had Shirai Ryu because remember that in the canon all of Scorpion's clan have died, so it could well be that noone outside of Scorpion and Kenshi know of the Shirai Ryu's existence. And I highly doubt Hsu Hao and the Red Dragon are stupid enough to walk into an obvious trap. If they knew Scorpion and possibly the Shirai Ryu owned that part of the forest then they wouldn't just walk right in there because they'd know they can't.

I think maybe you've worded something ambiguously and that's why Sneaky and I are confused at what you're saying.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'm not trying to straw man you or anything. I thought when you said "Scorpion and his clan" you were referring to them collectively. OF COURSE they know who Scorpion is. Anyone aware of the tournament or Quan Chi knows who Scorpion is.

And no, they wouldn't know he had a clan because everyone knows his clan was wiped out! That's why it's a surprise he has one now because he had been a sole survivor until now.
There is no of course here.

The Red Dragon have no reason to know about Quan Chi or the Tournement(all they know is that there was an invasion by creatures from another dimension, I don't remember there being any broadcasts about what exactly was happening to anyone but the MK warriors), that isn't a thing broadcast to all of Earthrealm and the only person who would even have any information about the tournament's existence in the Red Dragon is Daegon, but he has no way of knowing what went on in MK1-3 outside of the invasion(which Scorpion was not a part of, and Quan-Chi was not publicly running around and announcing himself in) and he has no reason to know who Quan-Chi is, unless you're saying an Edenian who had been frozen in time for decades knows a man who spent most of his life in the Netherrealm for no reason. There has been no information saying Quan-Chi suddenly decided to go to earth and become the super world dictator or anything, and the only thing we've seen him do there is go to a cemetery and getting a soulnado going before leaving and appearing on a rooftop talking to Shinnok's spirit form for a few seconds.

Basically, the Red Dragon had zero involvement with MK1-3, and Scorpion did nothing in Earthrealm during the only time in which the invasion took place, and in fact was in the Netherrealm the entire time as revealed in Raiden's section of the story. Daegon does not know who Quan-Chi is as far as we know and has no logical reason to know who he is unless they met between the time of MK9 and MKX and we haven't seen it yet.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Hsu Hao and the Red Dragon didn't know they were there, if they did then Hsu Hao wouldn't have got speared through the heart and punched through the brain so easily. Hsu Hao and the Red Dragon followed Kenshi into the forest because he was "hiding" when in reality Kenshi was leading them there, into the Shirai Ryu forest, because he knew Scorpion and/or the Shirai Ryu would come and take care of Hsu Hao/the Red Dragon for trespassing.
One of the Red Dragon also says "Even you can't take us all by yourself, Scorpion", insinuating that they think he's there by himself to take care of the trespassers, so they didn't know the rest of the Shirai Ryu were there.

What does this have to do with your point though?

They know Scorpion exists, whether they knew of the rest of the Shirai Ryu's existence is unknown because the Red Dragon didn't know the rest of the Shirai Ryu were with Scorpion. Hsu Hao probably didn't even know Scorpion had Shirai Ryu because remember that in the canon all of Scorpion's clan have died, so it could well be that noone outside of Scorpion and Kenshi know of the Shirai Ryu's existence. And I highly doubt Hsu Hao and the Red Dragon are stupid enough to walk into an obvious trap. If they knew Scorpion and possibly the Shirai Ryu owned that part of the forest then they wouldn't just walk right in there because they'd know they can't.

I think maybe you've worded something ambiguously and that's why Sneaky and I are confused at what you're saying.
My points is that these people know each other even though they shouldn't and I hope they explain how they do.

And you two are getting something twisted, I never said they knew his clan was there, I said they knew him and his clan.

Because they called him by his name, and there is no way you know who Scorpion is without knowing that he has/had a clan.

Last edited: