What's new

Kenshi in the comic book!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
My points is that these people know each other even though they shouldn't and I hope they explain how they do.

And you two are getting something twisted, I never said they knew his clan was there, I said they knew him and his clan.

Because they called him by his name, and there is no way you know who Scorpion is without knowing that he has/had a clan.
Yeah I mean this is only the first comic, we shouldn't have expected them to fully develop everyone's story by now. They'll explore the lore in the next comics and then some if not all of our questions will be answered.

Either that or Shaun Kittelsen is going to have to do an AMA or something lol.

I think it's maybe the "and his secret ninja clan in the middle of nowhere?" part that threw us off because this kind of implied that you were talking about the part where Hsu Hao and the Red Dragon are in the forest and Scorpion and his clan get them.

Arguable. They most likely know he had a clan a long time ago that died, but they probably didn't know that he'd collected "warriors who lost their families in the Netherrealm War, sole survivors. like him" to form a new generation of Shirai Ryu.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
There is no of course here.

The Red Dragon have no reason to know about Quan Chi or the Tournement(all they know is that there was an invasion by creatures from another dimension, I don't remember there being any broadcasts about what exactly was happening to anyone but the MK warriors), that isn't a thing broadcast to all of Earthrealm and the only person who would even have any information about the tournament's existence in the Red Dragon is Daegon, but he has no way of knowing what went on in MK1-3 outside of the invasion(which Scorpion was not a part of, and Quan-Chi was not publicly running around and announcing himself in) and he has no reason to know who Quan-Chi is, unless you're saying an Edenian who had been frozen in time for decades knows a man who spent most of his life in the Netherrealm for no reason. There has been no information saying Quan-Chi suddenly decided to go to earth and become the super world dictator or anything, and the only thing we've seen him do there is go to a cemetery and getting a soulnado going before leaving and appearing on a rooftop talking to Shinnok's spirit form for a few seconds.

Basically, the Red Dragon had zero involvement with MK1-3, and Scorpion did nothing in Earthrealm during the only time in which the invasion took place, and in fact was in the Netherrealm the entire time as revealed in Raiden's section of the story. Daegon does not know who Quan-Chi is as far as we know and has no logical reason to know who he is unless they met between the time of MK9 and MKX and we haven't seen it yet.
Daegon Has been active for centuries while Taven was still trapped. he has ties to Shinnok. The comic tells us the Netherealm war happened. Theres no way they don't know who Quan Chi is by now.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Daegon Has been active for centuries while Taven was still trapped. he has ties to Shinnok. The comic tells us the Netherealm war happened. Theres no way they don't know who Quan Chi is by now.
I saw that what you said and re-read the comic, and they did say this.

Well, that's a decent explanation, thanks.